Heoes of shaolin

Guest Egocentrik1

Guest Egocentrik1

Heroes of shaolin,

you probably heard of the coming new project of Lau Kar Leung.Well,it wont happen..

the main reason is that people ,without any experience in that field, gave Lau Sigung big hope for

his dream to make one last movie..his dream were crushed in front of his eyes.

In the end Lau Kar Leung has been given an ultimatum of 30 days to deliver a script and hand it over

to the american site(to the investors)...as things went to slowly.

They even considered to make the movie without Lau Sigung replacing him with another Director..

still using the same story line although the basic idea of the movie (which is clearly his and I can witness that as

he (LKL) spoke about it way before he met the middlesmen) belongs to Lau Sigung.

Theres still hope for the movie as Lau Kar Leung is looking up investors in Asia by now.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chen Zhen

thats too bad. as hit and miss as LKL's films have been in the post SB era, he seemed very ambitious about this one. hopefully it still gets made, even if LKL has to just settle as choreographer with Lau Kar Wing.

Guest HungKuen

I didn't have too high hopes about this getting made, and I still don't.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see this more than anyone, but everything the producers said in interviews and on forums felt amateurish in many ways from the beginning.

Guest Egocentrik1

shaw actors only got a wage,a monthly salary.

Also ont you think they get any money from the celestial releases..most of them are not rich

HungKuen,you are absolutely right the so called produces were amateurs,the tried to put themselves in the lime light.

They were only good with words...

I only hope that lau Sigung will be able to make his dream come true..by finding some more professional producers..

Guest morgoth

Iron Boat only likes movies on the level of Avenging Eagle and such:b

Drunken Monkey wasn't that bad but this is BS that Lau's new AND last movie may not get made. Very sad.

Guest Chen Zhen

Drunken Monkey was alright...i found it to be average. but i wanna see Pops go out with a BANG...looks like this wont be that time..

Guest limubai2000

I liked Drunken Monkey for what it was and it was better than much of the output at that time.

Seven Swords, however is another matter entirely...

do the hk audience now appreciate real kung fu ? or do they have do they have to have a canto singer as the lead actor

You're right about that, Mr. rdenn. I kind of remember Stephen Chow saying something similar when he said, "...too many singers are becoming H.K. movie stars."

Also, do any of you know if Image or Dragon Dynasty is going to release a Region 1 DVD of "Drunken Monkey"? And speaking of LKL's hits and misses after his Shaw career, make sure you see "Operation Scorpio". "OS" is not a miss after his Shaw career, IMO. Is "OS" available on HK imported DVD, along w/ the Fox R1 DVD?

Guest Chen Zhen

LKL didnt choreograph or direct Operation Scorpio tho. well, i heard he choreographed like one fight, but from what i understand, Yuen Tak and Corey Yuen did the bulk of the action in that.

Archived