Wrath of Man (2021) - Jason Statham, Niamh Algar, Scott Eastwood, Lyne Renee

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

Jason Statham stars in the heist movie alongside Josh Hartnett, Scott Eastwood, Holt McCallany, Jeffrey Donovan, Laz Alonso, Raul Castillo, Niamh Algar and Post Malone.

The film is based on the 2004 French action-thriller Le Convoyeur, which followed a security guard who has an ulterior motive when he takes a job working for an armored truck company. The revenge-driven remake follows a mysterious man named H (Statham) who goes to work for an armored truck company that is responsible for moving hundreds of millions of dollars around Los Angeles each week.

Source- https://collider.com/wrath-of-man-release-date-guy-ritchie-jason-statham/

This Guy Ritichie directed movie, is set to b released in Cinemas on April 23rd.

Image source- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11083552/mediaindex

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BZjEyZTU4OTUtNTZkNi00NGMzLTk2MzctNTc3MjNhYjczOTdmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc1NDY3NzU@._V1_.jpg

• Like 4

Sounds interesting. I'm a big fan of Jason Statham(Though I haven't seen a movie of his in a while), and its great to see Scott Eastwood getting steady work. I'm still hold out hope that he will eventually get to play Roland in a Dark Tower movie(Since his father was King's inspiration for the character and they favor quite a bit). I was really bummed out when the last Dark Tower movie decided to go in a different direction. 

• Like 2

DragonClaws
On 3/24/2021 at 4:35 PM, DarthKato said:

Sounds interesting. I'm a big fan of Jason Statham(Though I haven't seen a movie of his in a while), and its great to see Scott Eastwood getting steady work

I thought more people would be hyped for this, as I know we have a lot of Jason Statham fans here on the forums. Here's the first poster for the production via Collider.Com.

https://static1.colliderimages.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/wrath-of-man-jason-statham-poster.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=1400&dpr=1.5

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

I thought more people would be hyped for this, as I know we have a lot of Jason Statham fans here on the forums. Here's the first poster for the production via Collider.Com.

https://static1.colliderimages.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/wrath-of-man-jason-statham-poster.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=1400&dpr=1.5

I know I’m hyped for it. I’ll probably go watch it in the theater if I get the chance. 

• Like 2

DragonClaws
On 4/6/2021 at 3:17 PM, DarthKato said:

Looks like its going to be pretty good. 

Looks like another solid Jason Statham actioner, I wouldnt have guessed Guy Ritichie was the director by just looking at the trailer.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Looks like another solid Jason Statham actioner, I wouldnt have guessed Guy Ritichie was the director by just looking at the trailer.

Yeah, you cannot really go wrong with Jason Statham. His movies are usually a lot of fun to watch. Not really familiar with Guy Ritichie's work tho, since this is the first thing he has done that has caught my interest. 

• Like 2

DragonClaws
On 4/9/2021 at 3:24 PM, DarthKato said:

Not really familiar with Guy Ritichie's work tho, since this is the first thing he has done that has caught my interest. 

The last movie of his I caught was King Arthur : Legend of The Sword(2017). It wasn't short on spectacle but its not a movie I'd re-watch or seek out again. Sherlock Holmes(2009) was really good, but I have yet to see the 2011 sequel. Snatch(2000) I've re-watched countless times, and its still ym favourtie Guy Ritichie film. There's still a lot of his work I've not gotten round to yet, and I'd like to give Rock 'N' Rolla(2008) another chance one day.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

The last movie of his I caught was King Arthur : Legend of The Sword(2017). It wasn't short on spectacle but its not a movie I'd re-watch or seek out again. Sherlock Holmes(2009) was really good, but I have yet to see the 2011 sequel. Snatch(2000) I've re-watched countless times, and its still ym favourtie Guy Ritichie film. There's still a lot of his work I've not gotten round to yet, and I'd like to give Rock 'N' Rolla(2008) another chance one day.

"Rock 'N' Rolla" sounds like it would be pretty good. What was wrong with it? 

• Like 2

DragonClaws
22 hours ago, DarthKato said:

"Rock 'N' Rolla" sounds like it would be pretty good. What was wrong with it? 

I just couldnt get into the characters or the visual style used, but its long time since I've watched it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

I just couldnt get into the characters or the visual style used, but its long time since I've watched it.

Hmm, I guess I will check it out and see how I like it. Sounds like it should be right up my alley. 

7 hours ago, Frank Bolte said:

Guy Ritchies Lock,stock and 2 smoking barrels is dope af and gentlemen was dope too...

Those do sound pretty good. 

• Like 2

DragonClaws

I tried to post the latest Red Band Trialer for Wrath of Man, but its been blocked for some reason?. I don't have any issues posting TxT on the forum, just video links.

• Confused 1

I hope they get something special in here that isn't just guns. Looks ok though we will see i guess.

• Like 3

DragonClaws
On 5/2/2021 at 10:52 AM, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Blocked my Youtube post as well.

@SMK, any ideas of what might be going wrong?. I tried to re-post the trailer today, but Im still having the same issues.

• Like 1

masterofoneinchpunch

Debating on making this a full length review, but I wanted to share my thoughts on the film:

Wrath of Man (2021: Guy Ritchie):  

Finally a good movie in the theater. Not a great one, but I just enjoyed being there. Richie has a couple of modes in film: here he is more serious (I tend to prefer playful Ritchie). So the cinematography is less dynamic and plot line is well going to be still slightly askew. There has to be some surprises (both a positive and a negative for this film). There are definite shades of Heat (Mann) here. More umbra than penumbra. But I'm fine with that. There are also shades of Ritchie's work throughout like Revolver (the first main gun scene with Jason Statham reminds me of the one with Mark Strong), though it also reminded me of Bad times at the El Royale. But I loved that. When you get Statham (unless you watch his Coming On music video) you get a badass. You know right away that he is barely passing his entrance exam for a reason -- he wants to pass as average. Can he? No. Not for long. His demeanor says badass right away; he is not even pretending (Which makes me wonder why he made his exam so medicore?) 

Statham has a past. A horrific shooting of armed security cash truck has happened and Statham has just been hired as a driver for that same company. But what is his connection? You know he is looking for something, but what? It is obvious that he is not looking to rob the place. But what? The strength of the film is the twists and non-linear timeline to find out what is going on. Though I thought the denouement could/should have been stronger (yeah I'll avoid spoilers). 

Statham is awesome, but not a particular human character -- so normal Statham role. He just fits in Guy Ritchie films. He works well here. There are some other character twists (one being obvious as well as the obvious ending) that work (think Boy Sweat) and some of this film is harsh. But it is an above average movie and after Godzilla vs. Kong and Mortal Kombat I welcome that. Who has seen? Who is going to see? 

• Like 4

Super Ninja
11 hours ago, masterofoneinchpunch said:

Who is going to see? 

The Gentlemen was the first Guy Ritchie movie that I really liked so seeing him collab with Statham meant Wrath of Man is entering my watch list. I just needed a little push to go see it on the big screen and your review just might be it. I hope Ritchie's let Statham kick some ass. 

• Like 3

masterofoneinchpunch
13 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

The Gentlemen was the first Guy Ritchie movie that I really liked so seeing him collab with Statham meant Wrath of Man is entering my watch list. I just needed a little push to go see it on the big screen and your review just might be it. I hope Ritchie's let Statham kick some ass. 

Do not expect hand-to-hand fighting.  But some of the gun action is awesome.

I'm a Guy Ritchie fan mostly (still need to see two films of his; I will watch Aladdin next week).

The Gentlemen was the second-to-last film I saw last year in the theater.  So I was so happy to see two Ritchie films in a row there (FYI: saw Nobody yesterday in the theater).

• Like 3

Super Ninja
19 hours ago, masterofoneinchpunch said:

But some of the gun action is awesome.

That will be enough. :smile

19 hours ago, masterofoneinchpunch said:

I will watch Aladdin next week).

That one I didn't even bother with, maybe I'll get to it eventually. 

• Like 3

Super Ninja

Just got back from the theater and I gotta say @masterofoneinchpunch was right, Wrath of Man is a beast! Ritchie is on top of his game here, he's bold, confident and he delivers another treat, one that is like a ticking bomb that never really explodes, not fully at least, and I don't mean this in a bad way; made me think of Seven (1995) and how the big finale isn't big at all. The way Ritchie keeps all the cockiness and testosterone in the air from going overboard makes the opening a fun watch but yes, this is him in a serious mode and I can't complain. Nonlinear narrative and chapters actually make sense here and I just love the way Folsom Prison Blues was used. I agree with H's wife, Statham is a cold cunt here (you'll get it when you see the movie) and it suits him.  Wrath of Man is the kinda movie I wouldn't add or take away anything from, take it as it is, like it or don't. 

Made me wanna chech the French movie Le Convoyeur that it's based on but I realized I've seen it already.

• Like 5

I watched this today. Pretty decent,sold heist/actioner.Very dark, you won't find humour here.

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 3