Obscure Brucesploitation Reference

DrNgor

Question

So when I was in the 7th grade (1994 - 1995), I recall watching an educational video in my science class, probably about sweat and body heat and thermoregulation. I think the video was on a laserdisc, but don't quote me on that. In any case, the narrator was talking about how sweat helps control body heat during intense physical activity, which was demonstrated via a clip from a 1970s kung fu movie. The clip was of two guys(?) fighting atop a mountain or clip.

I was just getting into Bruce Lee at the time, so it sort of looked like him. In fact, when I watched the final fight between Bruce Li and Lung Fei in Chinese Chieh Chuan Kung Fu, I asked myself if this might have been the film referenced.

I wonder if anyone here with a black belt in internet research can help me identify the video and/or clip used.

• Like 4

3 answers to this question

DragonClaws
On 3/14/2021 at 12:35 PM, DrNgor said:

The clip was of two guys(?) fighting atop a mountain or clip.

It might be Chan Sing training with Bruce Le, in a scene from Bruce & Shaolin Kung Fu?. The pair spar on the side of a mountain, if I recall rightly?. There's definitety some training sequences in the film, that take place in this setting.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

On 3/15/2021 at 11:39 AM, DragonClaws said:

It might be Chan Sing training with Bruce Le, in a scene from Bruce & Shaolin Kung Fu?. The pair spar on the side of a mountain,

I haven't seen Bruce & Shaolin Kung Fu, so I'm not sure. What I do remember (bear in mind this was this 26 years ago) was that it wasn't a Shapes fight, and the tone was serious enough that I don't think it was a training fight.

• Like 2