The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Drunken Monk
10 minutes ago, Drunksnake said:

88 Films are releasing a Dragons Forever steelbook in October!!

That feels like a bit of a piss take. All these new releases and now steelbook re-releases?

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

That feels like a bit of a piss take. All these new releases and now steelbook re-releases?

I know! But I'll get it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I love Dragons Forever & have the excellent 88 Films release but I won't be paying £30 for a steelbook, rather pick up something I don't already have.

• Like 4

thundered mantis
52 minutes ago, andy338 said:

I love Dragons Forever & have the excellent 88 Films release but I won't be paying £30 for a steelbook, rather pick up something I don't already have.

I particularly don't mind, I think I'll use the steels wave to get the ones I still don't have... 

• Like 2

Pops! Pops! Pops! - The year of the "Pops"! I am certainly going to be broke by the end of the year what with 88 and Arrow taking all my hard earned dollars. 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

88 Films are releasing a Dragons Forever steelbook in October!!

Wow, truly? I did not find anything, not even the announcement

On 8/12/2021 at 11:48 AM, LiuYiLong said:

And now, on the 15th November....ARMOUR OF GOD!!!!!!

Armour Of God Deluxe Edition

Graet. I hope they do a lot of deluxe editions for Jackie's titles. I don't understand why they didn't do it from the start.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

A8523428-23C4-47D7-8FEB-97B2638DB597.jpeg

Not a fan of steelbook cases so I ain't double dipping. It looks great, no doubt but I think the artwork on the standard release looks far better.

• Like 3

it can be the alternative for those who have not taken the old editions. I preferred a packaging like that of The Yoyng Master, but that's okay, it looks very nice

• Like 3

On 8/11/2021 at 4:16 PM, LiuYiLong said:

It was maybe the most subtle announcement in Bluray history, when 88 Films posted out last month that they were going to be releasing their titles in the USA as well, they revealed the original posters for their next 10 Shaw Brothers releases.

Shaolin Mantis

Legendary Weapons of China

Flag of iron

The Chinese Boxer

Human Lanterns

Martial Club

Disciples of Shaolin

Monkey Kung Fu

Flying Guillotine 2

Hero

No dates were given for the releases, but they're starting to appear on Amazon now.

Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 17.36.29.PNG

This announcement made my day when I heard about it. Hopefully Kung Fu Bob does all of the slipcovers!!! I have a few of the region B 88 releases. Glad they got the license for these in the US. I will be getting all of these!!!!

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, andy338 said:

Will this just be a limited edition with the standard version later on like they did with Young Master?

I would imagine so yes, here's what they've just announced themselves..

Screenshot 2021-08-13 at 21.07.56.png

• Like 6

Ok now I can really say "winter is coming".:monk_crying: 

I'm just a student man. My bank account will cry me a river. I hope AOG gets the same treatment like young master. 

But I dont understand the dragons forever rerelease. Whats the reason for that? Are the 2 discs the same like the version before? I have the normal edition and was searching everywhere for the limited slipcase edition. Now i think i can catch this one. But on the other side the first art work seems to look better. 

And more important is: are they going to do the same with the other releases??? 

Maaaaaaan too many questions in my head

Last but not least: baaaaaaam boy finally a jet li release. Makes me so happy i hope so muchhhhh that they bring some fongsaiyuk and taichi stuff.

Arrow eureka 88...whats wrong with you guys:yociexpress09:

• Like 4