The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Apparently most of the upcoming 88 Releases (Disciples Of Shaolin, Chinese Boxer,Story Of Ricky) have been pushed back a month or so.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Irongod2112
On 6/17/2021 at 4:54 AM, Drunksnake said:

I read that this release may have a hybrid language track. Chinese people speak Cantonese and the Europeans speak English. Fingers crossed.

Yes we did do a hybrid Cantonese English track for Armour of God and it came out excellent! It should be on the upcoming release if all goes to plan. :)

• Like 11
  • Buddha Bless You 2

1 hour ago, Irongod2112 said:

Yes we did do a hybrid Cantonese English track for Armour of God and it came out excellent! It should be on the upcoming release if all goes to plan. :)

Wow! Good work!!

• Like 5

I haven't watched it in anything but Cantonese on the HKL DVD for about 15 years, but...

Spoiler

Does this mean that the cult leader exclaims, "Oh Jesus!" when Jackie lights the dynamite?

Or is my hazy memory confusing specific details of various versions?

Edited by starschwar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Two of these titles are scheduled for September 27th 2021 release. I have already pre-ordered one of the two stated for September. The last of the three titles has not been given a release date at the moment.

The Chinese Boxer .jpg

Disciples of Shaolin.jpg

The Flag of Iron.jpg

Edited by Kwok Choi
  • Like 9

On 6/23/2021 at 3:23 PM, Kwok Choi said:

Two of these titles are scheduled for September 27th 2021 release. I have already pre-ordered one of the two stated for September. The last of the three titles has not been given a release date at the moment.

Pretty excited for these, especially Flag of Iron, Nice to see 88 still managing to get some more Shaw's titles released,before Arrow start whatever they have planned.

I'll pickup all three.

• Like 4

For anyone curious as to whats in the 88 Erotic Ghost Story Boxset, here's a quick unboxing video.

Will post a review of it tomorrow.

It's far from being my favourite Cat3 movie, but I've been trying to support all the HK and East Asian movies that 88 films put out, so picked this one up too.

• Like 7

On 6/23/2021 at 4:23 PM, Kwok Choi said:

The Chinese Boxer .jpg

Disciples of Shaolin.jpg

The Flag of Iron.jpg

Where did you preordered them ? I recently took a look at 88 and didn't see them.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
12 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Where did you preordered them ? I recently took a look at 88 and didn't see them.

The Chinese Boxer can be preordered hereDisciples of Shaolin here.

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

6 hours ago, LiuYiLong said:

For anyone curious as to whats in the 88 Erotic Ghost Story Boxset, here's a quick unboxing video.

Will post a review of it tomorrow.

It's far from being my favourite Cat3 movie, but I've been trying to support all the HK and East Asian movies that 88 films put out, so picked this one up too.

When did this go up for pre-order at 88???

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WaverBoy said:

When did this go up for pre-order at 88???

Think it was around the 10th June, it sold out insanely FAST on their own site, I ended up getting my copy from terracotta Distribution as wasn't quick enough to get it from 88 themselves.

• Like 4

On 6/25/2021 at 6:29 PM, LiuYiLong said:

Think it was around the 10th June, it sold out insanely FAST on their own site, I ended up getting my copy from terracotta Distribution as wasn't quick enough to get it from 88 themselves.

Wound up snagging it for $50 on eBay, not too bad considering I guess…man they went fast!?!

• Like 3

Does anybody know whether or how i can get the one or other limited edition of some 88 or eureka jackie chan/kungfu releases? Like dragon lord/iron monkey/aog 2 ...? Any undiscovered webshops or other sources??

Im so sad that i discovered 88 and eureka too late :monk_crying:

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, AslanBey said:

Does anybody know whether or how i can get the one or other limited edition of some 88 or eureka jackie chan/kungfu releases? Like dragon lord/iron monkey/aog 2 ...? Any undiscovered webshops or other sources??

Im so sad that i discovered 88 and eureka too late :monk_crying:

You can try zavvi.com, they have some Eureka and 88 films.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

You can try zavvi.com, they have some Eureka and 88 films.

Yea i know zavvi, i'll write them the next days. I saw iron monkey on zavvi with the slipcase in the picture but i dont know whether they still sell the limited edition or not. Does anybody have experience in that case (chance for getting the limited edition although sold out on the originwebsite)?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AslanBey said:

Yea i know zavvi, i'll write them the next days. I saw iron monkey on zavvi with the slipcase in the picture but i dont know whether they still sell the limited edition or not. Does anybody have experience in that case (chance for getting the limited edition although sold out on the originwebsite)?

Ah yes, sorry, I realized that you had talked about the limited releases right after I had posted my answer !

I bought Iron Monkey from them a while ago, but I don't remember if it had the slipcase.

I just ordered Hand of death+the other one. I'll let you know if there is a slipcase when I'll receive it.

• Like 4

On 6/25/2021 at 10:24 PM, Drunken Monk said:

The Chinese Boxer can be preordered hereDisciples of Shaolin here.

Thank you very much !

I preordered Disciples of Shaolin and Flag of iron. I didn't preorder The Chinese boxer because I already have the German blu rays releases (simple and Inked Pictures too, plus a Belgium dvd in French language, plus the IVL dvd...), but maybe I'll end up ordering it too when there will  be discount sales on 88.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but it doesn't seem that there are slipcovers for these new releases.

And the good surprise when I placed my order yesterday, was that the final prices were cheaper than the ones announced on the links...:bs_smile:

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Maybe I'm mistaken, but it doesn't seem that there are slipcovers for these new releases.

I would be very surprised if they don't, 88 Films generally make first wave slip covers for all their releases, My guess Is that they're still finishing off the details, the Amazon listings are pretty sparse, and I'm pretty sure there will be special features on the discs as well. Amazon pre-orders always go up really early, but I always try and hold off for 88's own pre-order as their member points scheme is well worth being a part off, the points mount up pretty quickly!

• Like 4

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
21 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

And the good surprise when I placed my order yesterday, was that the final prices were cheaper than the ones announced on the links...:bs_smile:

4 hours ago, LiuYiLong said:

I would be very surprised if they don't, 88 Films generally make first wave slip covers for all their releases, My guess Is that they're still finishing off the details, the Amazon listings are pretty sparse, and I'm pretty sure there will be special features on the discs as well. Amazon pre-orders always go up really early, but I always try and hold off for 88's own pre-order as their member points scheme is well worth being a part off, the points mount up pretty quickly!

I'm happy to say that @ShawAngela you are mistaken, and @LiuYiLong is correct. These upcoming Shaw Brothers releases from 88 Films WILL all have slipcovers with brand-new artwork from... Hmmm, I forget the artist's name. :coveredlaugh

• Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 4

3 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

I'm happy to say that @ShawAngela you are mistaken, and @LiuYiLong is correct. These upcoming Shaw Brothers releases from 88 Films WILL all have slipcovers with brand-new artwork from... Hmmm, I forget the artist's name. :coveredlaugh

Darren ???:monk_flirting:

• Like 3

TibetanWhiteCrane
57 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Nope. Sorry. It's a different dude. :itwasntme

I think it's Richard or Robert something...... never heard of him.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

FightingFool
4 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Nope. Sorry. It's a different dude. :itwasntme

Oh no, Dude Designs is back for 88 martial arts covers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Had a few folks over on my instagram account curious about all the Shaw Brothers titles 88 Films have actually put out so far, so figured it was worth posting this here too.

They're all numbered, and there have been 26 released in total over the past few years (with three more to follow on soon)

I'm currently making up a short video breaking down each title and it's extras for my Youtube channel, I'll post a link here when it's done.

But for now, here's them all together....

D5737CEE-D240-4E2E-89C4-F939075D8603.JPG

• Like 20