The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Ninja Sinai
55 minutes ago, Omni Dragon said:

I wonder if this will be the uncut version? As far as I know, the BBFC has never approved the uncut version before.

Nope the snake vs cat fight is cut for animal cruelty. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Omni Dragon
13 hours ago, Ninja Sinai said:

Nope the snake vs cat fight is cut for animal cruelty. 

I was referring to Robotrix.

• Like 3

kingofkungfu2002
1 hour ago, Omni Dragon said:

I was referring to Robotrix.

Robotrix has been passed uncut. 

• Like 8

DragonClaws
9 hours ago, kingofkungfu2002 said:

Robotrix has been passed uncut. 

Wasnt this passed UNCUT on DVD years ago?, I know the VHS release was heavily censored in the U.K.

• Like 4

Omni Dragon
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Wasnt this passed UNCUT on DVD years ago?, I know the VHS release was heavily censored in the U.K.

Mediumrare released a DVD in 2013 and that still had to be cut.

• Like 3

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
On 4/28/2021 at 4:34 PM, Ninja Sinai said:

Could you let me know if they included the alternative opening scene of Snake In The Eagles Shadow which mentions the history of the fued between the Eagles Claw Clan and the Snake Fist School?

I contacted 88-Films and offered them the footage, they replied saying we’ll contact you if we’re interested, but no one ever contacted me about the footage. So I assume they probably already had and were going to include it. 

Did they?

Thanks so much for offering the footage though @Ninja Sinai. If they hadn't already found a source... Anyway, never hesitate to step forward if you've got something you think might be a cool contribution.

On 4/28/2021 at 7:12 PM, Omni Dragon said:

I wonder if this will be the uncut version? As far as I know, the BBFC has never approved the uncut version before.

Happy to confirm- yes, the 88 Films release of ROBOTRIX will be completely uncut.

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 2

3 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Thanks so much for offering the footage though @Ninja Sinai. If they hadn't already found a source... Anyway, never hesitate to step forward if you've got something you think might be a cool contribution.

Happy to confirm- yes, the 88 Films release of ROBOTRIX will be completely uncut.

I will definitley support this release and hopefully with @KUNG FU BOB's amazing artwork and maybe extra goodies :))

• Like 3

I've never seen this alternate opening to SITES!  Is its inclusion available as an alternate version of the film, or is it just tucked away as an extra?

• Like 4

sifu iron perm

so the opening scene with sheng kuan vs snake master with the voice over was the official intro after the credits?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, starschwar said:

I've never seen this alternate opening to SITES!  Is its inclusion available as an alternate version of the film, or is it just tucked away as an extra?

It’s a extra of the opening credits of the US version would of liked it in the main film oh well I cannot complain great release though 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Graysman said:

It’s a extra of the opening credits of the US version would of liked it in the main film oh well I cannot complain great release though 

Good enough!  It's one of my all-time favorites, so any "new" content is a welcome surprise. 

Is the soundtrack the original version?  As opposed to the soundalike stuff from later releases.  From the trailer, it sounds like the Jarre, Space, and Johnny Harris stuff should all be in there. 

• Like 2

cooksandkungfoodle
2 hours ago, starschwar said:

Good enough!  It's one of my all-time favorites, so any "new" content is a welcome surprise. 

Is the soundtrack the original version?  As opposed to the soundalike stuff from later releases.  From the trailer, it sounds like the Jarre, Space, and Johnny Harris stuff should all be in there. 

Does not include the soundtrack from the original Rank vhs release 

gutted this didn’t appear but it’s still a wicked release.  

• Like 3

starschwar

Now I'm confused.  By "original," I meant the version that used pre-existing music from sources like The Spy Who Loved Me and Bloomfield, as opposed to entirely new compositions. 

Ideally, the opening credits should sound like this:

• Like 5

Ninja Sinai

Does SITES include the English dub found on the HKL DVD? As the score on that version is waaaaay better than the original score. 

• Like 2

cooksandkungfoodle
6 hours ago, starschwar said:

Now I'm confused.  By "original," I meant the version that used pre-existing music from sources like The Spy Who Loved Me and Bloomfield, as opposed to entirely new compositions. 

Ideally, the opening credits should sound like this:

Yes it includes this but it’s missing the original rank soundtrack 

• Like 5

starschwar
7 hours ago, chen lung said:

Nope, the Mclane Explosion one.

You just blew my mind.  I always thought the discrepancy in the exact sound of the song was due to degraded media or improper transfers (maybe some PAL-speed conversion in there), etc..  It was a cover all along!  

Either way, sounds like this is indeed the SITES soundtrack I've known and loved for decades on the new Blu-Ray, so I'm all in. 

• Like 7

sifu iron perm
On 5/1/2021 at 7:31 AM, cooksandkungfoodle said:

Yes it includes this but it’s missing the original rank soundtrack 

Sorry to sound silly, but where is it in the options? I just watched the version with alternative music, i don't like it. Lol. I wanr to watch the rank version. 

• Like 1

KenHashibe
3 hours ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

Ecstatic about Flag of Iron, one of my top 3 Venoms movies!

• Like 7

cooksandkungfoodle
5 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

Sorry to sound silly, but where is it in the options? I just watched the version with alternative music, i don't like it. Lol. I wanr to watch the rank version. 

It wasn’t included my friend on the blu ray. Which is a shame 

• Angry 1