The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

They've removed the english subs and added german ones then. Unless Pedicab Driver has a different rights holder in Germany.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

at least Warner is putting out High Quality versions of Mr. Nice Guy Uncut and Drunken Master II uncut if they didn't care at all we'd never have seen those happen Mr Nice Guy would never have seen an upgrade from its dvd version if that was the case and I can only hope First Strike and Who Am I are coming in the near future as well I do wonder what they will do with Rumble in the Bronx I would assume release a version with the Uncut and cut version included after cleaning both up but with how things are going with Warner Archive who knows what their future plans are I do hope those 3 get released before and if they decide to call it quits on that side of their business otherwise those 3 will never see upgrades

They don’t care. They’re dumping this out barebones with not even a proper subtitle track. I rest my case.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

They don’t care. They’re dumping this out barebones with not even a proper subtitle track. I rest my case.

I appreciate them including the theatrical subs, but those shouldn't be the only option aside from SDH IMO.

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Drunken Monk

A warning to US residents, 88 Films' shipping is currently more than the Blu Ray. Movie is £15 and the shipping is £16.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 2

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

A warning to US residents, 88 Films' shipping is currently more than the Blu Ray. Movie is £15 and the shipping is £16.

There's free shipping for international orders over 100pounds.

That's why I spent ''once again'' 114pounds for 1 order :yociexp100:   Nevertheless nice move from 88 with the earned discount

• Like 3

Does anyone know if Half a loaf of kung fu will also be released ?

I love all these old Jackie Chan's movies.When I discovered them, I only knew him from his Kung fu comedies, and I was really surprised to see that he had played in more classical martial arts movies.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I love all these old Jackie Chan's movies.When I discovered them, I only knew him from his Kung fu comedies, and I was really surprised to see that he had played in more classical martial arts movies.

Yes, Half A Loaf Of Kung Fu is coming from 88 later this year

• Like 7

Chemical Lemon
2 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Yeah, used what rewards I had to reduce the price but yikes that was an expensive order. 

• Like 4

ZenkaigerBat
1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

I get the impression it will be released later on this year along side Armour of God.  

• Like 4

Yikes, US shipping price is absolutely prohibitive now. Even Amazon UK is two pounds cheaper. I know, Covid and all, but...yikes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WaverBoy said:

Yikes, US shipping price is absolutely prohibitive now. Even Amazon UK is two pounds cheaper. I know, Covid and all, but...yikes.

I agree... It's heartbreaking, I love 88 Films and support them as much as I can, but I can't justify ordering a movie and the shipping being more expensive than the movie itself... looks like I have to find alternatives.. :monk_crying:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Drunken Monk

Despite the crazy high shipping, I placed an order through 88 Films. $40 for a release this good isn’t too bad. I’d struggle if it were much more. I really want to support them as much as I can.

• Like 6

sifu iron perm

been a very expensive month for blu rays/films..pre orders etc!

Eureka- take my money

88 films- take my wallet

amazon= eat my flesh

zavvi- kick me while im still down

arrow- shoot me with a poisonous dart

KFF traders- it's all love!! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

Super Ninja

14£ shipping for SITES for me, wasn't too happy about it to be honest. Normally that wouldn't be that much of a problem but March, April and May were/are packed with some sweet releases. Balancing between supporting 88 and Eureka and fellow memebers with their awesome custom projects or getting the latest goodies from MVD, DDD and others is quite a task these days. But still, we can be grateful, it's a good time to be a collector.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

14£ shipping for SITES for me, wasn't too happy about it to be honest. Normally that wouldn't be that much of a problem but March, April and May were/are packed with some sweet releases. Balancing between supporting 88 and Eureka and fellow memebers with their awesome custom projects or getting the latest goodies from MVD, DDD and others is quite a task these days. But still, we can be grateful, it's a good time to be a collector.

14£ for the shipping for me too, with a tracked one imposed. The previous orders were tracked or not, at my choice, but there, there were only two choices, both tracked, one at 14 and the other at 25 !!

• Like 2

Super Ninja
3 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

14£ for the shipping for me too, with a tracked one imposed. The previous orders were tracked or not, at my choice, but there, there were only two choices, both tracked, one at 14 and the other at 25 !!

Same here, guess those are the EU prices. I prefer ordering directly from the 88 site because of the bonus points but this made me think there must be a cheaper option. I know these are strange times, it's not easy for anyone. On the other hand, Eureka has free shipping even if you order just one movie and nothing changed in the last year despite covid. I don't know how they can afford it but I'm grateful that is so.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
19 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

Please tell me this is a temporary shipping hike. Please.

I used to order a lot of films from the U.S and elswhere, and swap and exchange stuff with fellow fans. High shiopping costs just put an end to it for me, when my budget become more limited.

• Like 4

ZenkaigerBat
13 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

Please tell me this is a temporary shipping hike. Please.

I believe it's a temporary for now and i hope it is.

I used the discount on Snake in the Eagles Shadow blu-ray but Legionarie ill get from another site. 

• Like 3

Yeah, I can only echo what's already been said. I remember the days when international shipping was like $5.99. Or free from Play.com. Anyway, I wanted to support 88 so here goes my dinner budget. Time to get some cup noodles again :laugh

expensive.jpg

• Like 9