The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

On 1/17/2021 at 11:07 PM, Irongod2112 said:

Hmmm it's probably a long shot, but perhaps I can convince Eureka to do another release of Drunken Master and add that classic dub and get some artwork from Bob on there. :)

Btw I wasn't involved with Eureka at the time they did Drunken Master otherwise it would have had that dub. ;)

They tried including the first Seasonal dub (using the Rank VHS as a source) but weren't able to secure clearance.

The release remains the best available but could benefit from improvements (the subtitles being another). I don't even know if Eureka still holds the licence for the film. It was released almost four years ago (24 April 2017).

Edited by chen lung
  • Like 9

11 hours ago, saltysam said:
11 hours ago, saltysam said:

Half A Loaf Of Kung Fu is coming from 88 films

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! Now we just need LITTLE TIGER OF CANTON, KILLER METEORS, MAGNIFICENT BODYGUARDS in 3-D, and FANTASY MISSION FORCE, and that takes care of his early period, yes?

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 4

On 1/18/2021 at 10:05 AM, saltysam said:

Half A Loaf Of Kung Fu is coming from 88 films

Jackie Chan's early Lo Wei directed movies have never looked as good as they do in these 88-Film releases.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, pendrekman said:

I hope one day it comes out on blu-ray Eagle Shadow Fist!

Is that a watchable film? I’ve heard it’s much worse than New Fist Of Fury and Jackie has little screen time...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Half a Loaf is going to be awesome!

3 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

Is that a watchable film? I’ve heard it’s much worse than New Fist Of Fury and Jackie has little screen time...

It wasn't great when I watched it, but to be fair that was through a VHS transferred to DVD.

• Like 4

On 1/13/2021 at 10:42 AM, JackieRome said:

I hope they will continue to release deluxe editions with gifts etc.

I have a question -

I live in the US, can I pre-order Young Master from the 88 Films website with no problems? I have never ordered from them before.

Thank you.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MobFu1972 said:

I have a question -

I live in the US, can I pre-order Young Master from the 88 Films website with no problems? I have never ordered from them before.

Thank you.

you should be able to I've purchased from them living in Illinois with no problems

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, actionfan93 said:

you should be able to I've purchased from them living in Illinois with no problems

Thanks for the quick response 👍🤓

• Like 4

13 hours ago, MobFu1972 said:

Thanks for the quick response 👍🤓

no problem and its the same with Eureka I've bought from them with no problems as well but just so you know they take the money as soon as you preorder not when it ships so keep that in mind I preorder as soon as they are ready and with them paid off already all I have to do is wait for the release date and they ship soon after

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

no problem and its the same with Eureka I've bought from them with no problems as well but just so you know they take the money as soon as you preorder not when it ships so keep that in mind I preorder as soon as they are ready and with them paid off already all I have to do is wait for the release date and they ship soon after

I would rather get from them directly. Some US shippers upcharge a lot. We need a domestic distributor in the states for these films asap!!!!!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MobFu1972 said:

I would rather get from them directly. Some US shippers upcharge a lot. We need a domestic distributor in the states for these films asap!!!!!

how I said it is if your order from 88 or Eureka directly from their sites but they take payment as soon as its preordered

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, actionfan93 said:

how I said it is if your order from 88 or Eureka directly from their sites but they take payment as soon as its preordered

I need that Young Master box set for my collection ASAP. It looks to be the ultimate edition.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, MobFu1972 said:

I need that Young Master box set for my collection ASAP. It looks to be the ultimate edition.

Well they ship pretty quick if its in stock they ship it quickly both of them it will take time coming from the UK to the U.S but i was just letting you know how it works should you want to pre-order something as well 

• Like 5

On 1/22/2021 at 11:10 PM, MobFu1972 said:

I have a question -

Thank you.

yes!  i've had no problems ordering from 88 films or eureka.  I used to order from amazon.uk, but now i just order from the labels directly.  

• Like 6

On 1/17/2021 at 5:07 PM, Irongod2112 said:

Hmmm it's probably a long shot, but perhaps I can convince Eureka to do another release of Drunken Master and add that classic dub and get some artwork from Bob on there. :)

Btw I wasn't involved with Eureka at the time they did Drunken Master otherwise it would have had that dub. ;)

I know what i'm asking is too much but......Can we have another Audio Commentary by someone that isnt Ric Meyers but more like Brandon or Big Mike?

• Like 5

TibetanWhiteCrane
17 minutes ago, ZenkaigerBat said:

I know what i'm asking is too much but......Can we have another Audio Commentary by someone that isnt Ric Meyers but more like Brandon or Big Mike?

Logan's DM commentary is pretty decent, both for 1 and 2.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thehangman said:

Anyone know if snake in the eagles shadow will be uncut? im guessed it will be the cut version?

Word around blu-ray forums is that its cut

• Like 5