The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

As they've got Armour of God I wonder if the other Mediumrare titles are available? I'd like Legacy of Rage to get an 88Films upgrade, the last blu ray didn't even have the Mike Leeder & Ronny Yu commentary.

• Like 1

Master with OK Fingers
3 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I just bought the Hong Kong Rescie release of Armour of God. D’oh! I’ll have to double dip.

I have that and the Mediumrare version as well, but cannot wait for this. It probably my favourite film and needs an official release with the love that 88 have been doing so far. Also looking forward to @KUNG FU BOB artwork for this. Would love something similar to the original.

EYu7WKwWAAIlzZs.jpg

• Like 7

18 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

Wow I wonder what other Hong Kong Action 88 films has to come in 2021

I think we're getting a large portion of the Hong Kong Legends releases. I'm looking forward to some more Yuen Biao and Sammo Hung.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

I think we're getting a large portion of the Hong Kong Legends releases. I'm looking forward to some more Yuen Biao and Sammo Hung.

well if 88 films or the other or both decide to get into girls with guns films Fortune Star who owns the Golden Harvest library has the following in their possession i think

The Blonde Fury

Magnificent Warriors

In the line of Duty 1-4

Killer Angels

Outlaw Brothers

She Shoots Straight

I am not sure who holds the rights to these girls with guns maybe Fortune Star has some of these as well but hopefully either label or both can secure the rights to release these as well should they enter that arena

Angel

Angel Mission

City Cops

Angel Force

A Punch to Revenge

Devil Hunters

Dreaming the Reality

Mission Kill

Princess Madam

Beauty Investigator is owned by New Treasurer Films LTD and they are still in business so hopefully rights can be acquired and maybe a restored uncut original language and english dub option will be a possible release in the future

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

One of the best looking covers so far.

Agreed! This is my new favourite, closely followed by Fearless Hyena then Dragons Forever. But they're all the best covers for these movies I love them.

• Like 5

On 11/17/2020 at 1:54 PM, saltysam said:

Snake In The Eagles Shadow coming in March- it will be cut and i have the very good german blu ray but will still get this as i hate animal cruelty.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Snake-in-the-Eagles-Shadow-Blu-ray/dp/B08NR5JPCX?linkCode=xm2&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=bluraycom-21

Anyone know if Zavvi will offer this? Amazon is alway so hit/miss with me... (meaning always says unavailable or sold out lo) Or an eta when 88 Films website will offer it.

Edited by Grady-San
  • Like 4

The cover art looks almost 3-D, with the way Jackie Chans hand looks like its striking out of the actual cover. Great use of colour and shade, and a lot of detail too.

• Like 7

Master with OK Fingers
On 1/12/2021 at 6:15 PM, saltysam said:

The Young Master delayed until 22nd February..in better news..see below

snakeyykrl.jpg

Absolutely f*****g amazing. I love it👍

• Like 8

Absolutely love this Artwork @KUNG FU BOB.Can we get a Drunken Master to go with this I really hope 88 films get the rights to Drunken Master so we can finally get the Original English dub that Eureka Entertainment missed out on I would 100% double dip just to have that Dub.

• Like 12

Master with OK Fingers
1 hour ago, Graysman said:

Absolutely love this Artwork @KUNG FU BOB.Can we get a Drunken Master to go with this I really hope 88 films get the rights to Drunken Master so we can finally get the Original English dub that Eureka Entertainment missed out on I would 100% double dip just to have that Dub.

OMG yes, we definitely need this 👍

• Like 6

Iron Head Rat
On 1/13/2021 at 7:34 PM, Graysman said:

:bs_martialgreeting: Pls Original Dub. KFB Artwork

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 1/13/2021 at 2:34 PM, Graysman said:

Hmmm it's probably a long shot, but perhaps I can convince Eureka to do another release of Drunken Master and add that classic dub and get some artwork from Bob on there. :)

Btw I wasn't involved with Eureka at the time they did Drunken Master otherwise it would have had that dub. ;)

• Like 10
  • Buddha Bless You 1

1 minute ago, Irongod2112 said:

Hmmm it's probably a long shot, but perhaps I can convince Eureka to do another release of Drunken Master and add that classic dub and get some artwork from Bob on there. :)

Btw I wasn't involved with Eureka at the time they did Drunken Master otherwise it would have had that dub. ;)

That would be insane @Irongod2112 if you can pull this off with Eureka there would be loads of people interested in repurchasing this classic just for the original Classic English dub many thanks.

• Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 1

11 minutes ago, Irongod2112 said:

If Eureka re-releases DM with the additional dub and KFB artwork, I’m in.

• Like 8
  • Buddha Bless You 1