The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

SWM is now on Amazon as 9th November rather than 26th October, looks like 88Films are having a few little issues with these upcoming releases.

• Like 3

kingofkungfu2002
4 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Yes, and New fist of fury too. I re eived notifications from zoom.uk and they tell me that New Fist of Fury will be released on the 30th of November, and that The young master is "TBC", but I don't know what it means...

To Be C...?

Confirmed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

88 Films sent an email today apologizing for their pre-order issues. I assume this is in reference to their delayed release dates.

Spiritual Kung Fu is now available on their site for pre-order. Oddly, both a Blu Ray and DVD version.

• Like 4

Just put my preorder in for Spiritual Kung Fu. Won’t lie, I was tempted by Street Fighter too :p didn’t bite though as I remember it being pretty bad....

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Ramji said:

Just put my preorder in for Spiritual Kung Fu. Won’t lie, I was tempted by Street Fighter too :p didn’t bite though as I remember it being pretty bad....

If you change your mind, be quick,it's nearly sold out they reckon.

• Like 3

I’d def pick up something like Maximum Risk. Even Double Team and Knock Off, but Street Fighter? Haha not sure. Wish there was an uncut version before they toned it down for the kids.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

88 Films sent an email today apologizing for their pre-order issues. I assume this is in reference to their delayed release dates.

Spiritual Kung Fu is now available on their site for pre-order. Oddly, both a Blu Ray and DVD version.

Yeah I noticed a few weeks back on Amazon they had Spritual Kung Fu on DVD as well as Blu Ray and I assumed it was a mistake. It does seem strange that it's just this one title with a DVD release and I wonder why they bothered, surely most people have got Blu Ray by now,

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

My favourite kind of email. Shipment notification from 88

Happy Love Actually GIF

I should dance the same dance, since I just receiveid an email from zoom.com.uk telling me that Spiritual kung fu is on its way...!:monk_laughing:

• Like 4

Here we go guys Spiritual Kung fu art work is astounding by kungfubob of course 88 films sent me two copies 1 of them I forgot I already ordered so I will be selling it at price I paid plus postage hit me up if interested in purchasing I’m from the UK 

3EDFB09A-7ED9-44DD-9AFA-5B814DBEE5C5.jpeg

FF5A40A3-D9F9-4D99-B991-E7C8FB074BC6.jpeg

33D7DFE9-A790-4E0B-ABAC-699B9D260443.jpeg

6AB09B87-649A-479A-9530-B044076953FA.jpeg

700CFCE4-B0E3-4E0D-B029-17DEDB8D8CB4.jpeg

• Like 13

Master with OK Fingers
On 10/22/2020 at 10:08 PM, saltysam said:

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg.jpg

Another home run. 👍 @KUNG FU BOB needs to release slipcovers only for Dragon Fist, Battle Creek Brawl, Snake&Crane and To Kill with Intrigue. The original ones look so out of place to the KFB ones now.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

Another home run. 👍 @KUNG FU BOB needs to release slipcovers only for Dragon Fist, Battle Creek Brawl, Snake&Crane and To Kill with Intrigue. The original ones look so out of place to the KFB ones now.

Yep, would be a cool thing to do. Maybe sell them on the 36 styles website (with 88's Permission?)

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

I think there would be interest in these titles being re-released with new artwork & commentaries as you're right they do look out of place compared to later releases. They could add a few extras & fine tune the releases like HKL did with their platinum editions, i'd buy Snake & Crane again if they added subtitles (without SDH).

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

I’d like complete re-releases of the earlier Lo Wei titles and Battle Creek Brawl. The cases do look out of place now and I think the picture quality could look much better having seen how Fearless Hyena, Spiritual Kung Fu etc turned out. Added Bob and Bentley commentaries would be nice too.

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Drunksnake said:

I’d like complete re-releases of the earlier Lo Wei titles and Battle Creek Brawl. The cases do look out of place now and I think the picture quality could look much better having seen how Fearless Hyena, Spiritual Kung Fu etc turned out. Added Bob and Bentley commentaries would be nice too.

Problem would be i don't see 88 restoring these themselves so it would be down to Fortune Star to go back to them again.I can't see it, though the aspect ratio iss ue on Brawl should only be a small fix.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Drunksnake said:

^^^This right here. For DRAGON FIST and THE BATTLE CREEK BRAWL at the very least, as those two look pretty bad. I have DF and S&CAOS already but I’d totally double-dip for Kung Fu Bob-enhanced remasters, I mean, who wouldn’t?

• Like 6

Thoroughly enjoyed Spiritual Kung Fu. Had only seen it once many moons ago but was a poor copy and I couldn’t remember much of the movie other than clips in documentaries. Great Kung Fu from Jackie. The film looks and sounds amazing and I’ll definitely be re-watching this one.

• Like 9