The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

sifu iron perm
On 9/24/2020 at 6:50 PM, Drunksnake said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Wow! Kung Fu Bob has done it again. Twice.

B1B10117-14FF-4013-AD32-4CD514CC7960.jpeg

7F6219B3-BA2D-4B65-B406-C76309D3CB76.png

when can we pre order?

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

when can we pre order?

88 usually begins preorders a few days before release date, but Amazon, Zavvi et al might have it up a bit sooner.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Mine arrived two days ago, but I had too much work and couldn't watch it.

I'll try to watch it this evening or the week-end.

All work and no play makes ShawAngela...

• Like 1

Listened to the second half of Kung Fu Bob’s commentary today and I think it’s been one of the most enjoyable commentaries for a long time. I hope he can do more, would particularly like to hear him do one for The Prodigal Son and Warriors Two if they get released.

• Like 9

16 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

Listened to the second half of Kung Fu Bob’s commentary today and I think it’s been one of the most enjoyable commentaries for a long time. I hope he can do more, would particularly like to hear him do one for The Prodigal Son and Warriors Two if they get released.

Yes please! Kung Fu Bob is shaping up to be quite the indispensable man. His talents have vastly enriched the releases he’s worked on, and I hope he keeps up his excellent work!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, saltysam said:

Hoping the £25.99 listed price The Young Master is a price glitch. A Tenner more than other JC titles in the line?

not surprised since they're trying to include that dinah shore JC interview footage

• Like 3

This price was set before there were talks of this interview footage. The interview footage is probably not even baked into that price. 

They said if was going to be special from the time they announced it and im really curious to what plans they had and since the price 60-70% more than previous releases. 

• Like 6

On 9/29/2020 at 1:20 AM, WaverBoy said:

Oh yeah, and I guess I’ll throw in NEW FIST OF FURY for completist’s sake :)

Does New fist of fury have been announced as a pre order yet ? I didn't see it on 88 Films, and I saw an ebay seller selling it, and it also seems to me that I had seen it on zavvi a while ago...

Or is it that I missed it on 88 Films ?!

• Like 2

• Administrator
20 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

Wow man, thanks! I really appreciate that.

3 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

Yes please! Kung Fu Bob is shaping up to be quite the indispensable man. His talents have vastly enriched the releases he’s worked on, and I hope he keeps up his excellent work!

Thanks brother! Not that your praise has gone to my head or anything, but I've formally requested that from here on out my family refer to me as "Indispensable Man". :wink:

3 hours ago, saltysam said:

Hoping the £25.99 listed price The Young Master is a price glitch. A Tenner more than other JC titles in the line?

It's because it will be a very special release.

1 hour ago, JCLegend86 said:

This price was set before there were talks of this interview footage. The interview footage is probably not even baked into that price. 

They said if was going to be special from the time they announced it and im really curious to what plans they had and since the price 60-70% more than previous releases. 

There are talks about having Jackie Chan actually hand deliver each copy purchased. And by "talks" I mean: I suggested it, and I'm still awaiting a reply from anyone. :thinking

1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

Does New fist of fury have been announced as a pre order yet ? I didn't see it on 88 Films, and I saw an ebay seller selling it, and it also seems to me that I had seen it on zavvi a while ago...

Or is it that I missed it on 88 Films ?!

@ShawAngela no, it is not up for pre-order yet.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Thanks brother! Not that your praise has gone to my head or anything, but I've formally requested that from here on out my family refer to me as "Indispensable Man".

:bs_laughing::monk_laughing:

1 minute ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

There are talks about having Jackie Chan actually hand deliver each copy purchased. And by "talks" I mean: I suggested it, and I'm still awaiting a reply from anyone.

:bs_laughing::bs_laughing::monk_laughing::monk_laughing:

2 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

@ShawAngela no, it is not up for pre-order yet.

Thanks for the information.

I LOVE your funny comments !!

• Like 3

Thanks for the link @saltysam ! I checked their FAQ and it seems that they deliver to Europe.

It also looks like that there won't be any slipcase for this release ?

At least, it's cheaper than at the ebay store where I was it, and I like the cover...

• Like 2

• Administrator
3 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Thanks for the link @saltysam ! I checked their FAQ and it seems that they deliver to Europe.

It also looks like that there won't be any slipcase for this release ?

At least, it's cheaper than at the ebay store where I was it, and I like the cover...

3 hours ago, saltysam said:

I expect it will have a slipcase, probably KFB hasn't finished his art for it yet?

It will have a slipcover  with my art. They usually do a reveal closer to the time that it's going up for pre-order.

• Like 11

Did any of you see that at 88 Films store ? I can't upload the pictures...

Spiritual Kung Fu

Blu-ray

£999.99

Shaolin Wooden Men

Blu-ray

£999.99

I preordered these at Zoom.co.uk with the 10% discount for the first purchase at around 13,50 £ and Young Master at around 23,50 £...!!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Did any of you see that at 88 Films store ? I can't upload the pictures...

Spiritual Kung Fu

Blu-ray

£999.99

Shaolin Wooden Men

Blu-ray

£999.99

I preordered these at Zoom.co.uk with the 10% discount for the first purchase at around 13,50 £ and Young Master at around 23,50 £...!!

Cant help wondering if they’re having a laugh, at the expense of people complaining about the price of The Young Master? If they are then, brilliant! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

Cant help wondering if they’re having a laugh, at the expense of people complaining about the price of The Young Master? If they are then, brilliant! 

Don't think anyone is complaining about the £25.99 price point ,just curious what the set will contain . I'll be buying it, heck i've just dropped £50 on that german Blu of Deadly Angels and i've never seen it :cool

• Like 9

12 hours ago, saltysam said:

Looks like Young Master will be delayed.

Yes, and New fist of fury too. I re eived notifications from zoom.uk and they tell me that New Fist of Fury will be released on the 30th of November, and that The young master is "TBC", but I don't know what it means...

To Be C...?