The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Just ordered THE MASTER, sight unseen, but it sounds really good! I really hope 88 can rescue THE BODYGUARD FROM BEIJING as well, it’s such a fun one.

Also, I can’t wait for SHAOLIN WOODEN MEN and SPIRITUAL KUNG FU to go up for preorder at 88’s shop!

• Like 8

sifu iron perm
1 hour ago, WaverBoy said:

Just ordered THE MASTER, sight unseen, but it sounds really good! I really hope 88 can rescue THE BODYGUARD FROM BEIJING as well, it’s such a fun one.

Also, I can’t wait for SHAOLIN WOODEN MEN and SPIRITUAL KUNG FU to go up for preorder at 88’s shop!

when is the master due for release?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

when is the master due for release?

September 28th

Edited by SpartainX
I wanted more stuff
  • Like 4

I  ordered The Master yesterday, and it wasn't mentioned as a preorder anymore.

And I saw a Blu ray of New fist of fury From 88 Films on another site but not on their shop..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

I  ordered The Master yesterday, and it wasn't mentioned as a preorder anymore.

And I saw a Blu ray of New fist of fury From 88 Films on another site but not on their shop..

I also never got a shipping notification just turned up next day 

• Like 5

kingofkungfu2002
2 hours ago, Graysman said:

I also never got a shipping notification just turned up next day 

Received mine today too...Also no shipping notification email. 

• Like 4

Master with OK Fingers
On 9/24/2020 at 6:50 PM, Drunksnake said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Wow! Kung Fu Bob has done it again. Twice.

B1B10117-14FF-4013-AD32-4CD514CC7960.jpeg

7F6219B3-BA2D-4B65-B406-C76309D3CB76.png

Another couple of home runs there. I particularly like SMW. 👍

As usual @KUNG FU BOB excellent work

• Like 8

For completeness i hope 88 get to release Half A Loaf Of Kung Fu, Magnificent Bodyguards and Killer Meteors. The icing on the cake would be a 2 disc loaded Special Edition of Fantasy Mission Force  :wink

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I wonder if there’s any hope for 88 to get hold of TWIN DRAGONS, one of the final few films of his prime period and a damn good one. Seriously underrated IMO.

• Like 6

Holy shit this looks like a great movie. Can’t wait! All these awesome early Jackie Chan kung fu comedies that I never really knew existed until 88 started putting them out. DRAGON FIST aside (I was acquainted with that one through the All Seasons VHS back in the day), I had no idea that the films from his Lo Wei period were any good. But, I loved THE FEARLESS HYENA and if SPIRITUAL KUNG FU and SHAOLIN WOODEN MEN are as good as that, or nearly so, then we’re gold.

• Like 8

Please please PLEASE let SHAOLIN WOODEN MEN, SPIRITUAL KUNG FU, and THE YOUNG MASTER go up for preorder on 88’s website soon! As soon as they do, I’m in, and I’ll add TO KILL WITH INTRIGUE and BATTLE CREEK BRAWL to the order as well, as I haven’t gotten round to picking them up yet.

And then please do HALF A LOAF OF KUNG FU, which will be my next most wanted unseen Jackie film.

• Like 5

Received The Master today. It’s a nice easy viewing Kung Fu flick but the western street dudes ruin it a bit as does the girl. Jet looks great though, cool choreography and great execution as always. The urban Kung Fu artwork is great I like the many colours used it has a good back alley brawl feel to it. Kung Fu Bobs commentary was a great idea. Easy listening and engaging so hopefully he’ll do more. I’m confident after seeing and hearing this movie that 88 Films have again given us the definitive release. Very excited for Shaolin Wooden Men and Spiritual Kung Fu.

• Like 8

We have an upportunity to make the "The Young Master" release even more special. I assume most of you are on the Bluray forums, but if you arent, head on over and check the thread for the young master. 

• Like 12

On 9/29/2020 at 12:36 AM, Drunksnake said:

Received The Master today. It’s a nice easy viewing Kung Fu flick but the western street dudes ruin it a bit as does the girl. Jet looks great though, cool choreography and great execution as always. The urban Kung Fu artwork is great I like the many colours used it has a good back alley brawl feel to it. Kung Fu Bobs commentary was a great idea. Easy listening and engaging so hopefully he’ll do more. I’m confident after seeing and hearing this movie that 88 Films have again given us the definitive release. Very excited for Shaolin Wooden Men and Spiritual Kung Fu.

Mine arrived two days ago, but I had too much work and couldn't watch it.

I'll try to watch it this evening or the week-end.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, JCLegend86 said:

We have an upportunity to make the "The Young Master" release even more special. I assume most of you are on the Bluray forums, but if you arent, head on over and check the thread for the young master. 

I second this. The fandom of Fu needs to come together and check out that thread. Some really exciting stuff going on. 

• Like 7