The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

21 hours ago, Asmo said:

Nice shirt!

It's better than it's given credit for, IMO!

@Asmo Thanks.

@WaverBoy  I do have a soft spot for some of the Lo Wei flims Jackie had worked on.  New Fist of Fury.  To Kill with Intrigue.  Dragon Fist.  Shaolin Wooden Men.   Half of Loaf of Kung Fu.  Spiritial Kung Fu.   They're  good ones, Killer Metors is the worst  though i don't recommend it but it' up to you to check it out.

• Like 2

Master with OK Fingers
On 8/16/2020 at 11:43 PM, ShawAngela said:

I like New fist of fury !

What is there to complain about regarding this movie ?

For me I think it's very much an early JC film were they were pushing him as the next Bruce Lee and the film ends up being neither a BL film or typical JC film. Probably if it wasnt called NFOF it would be received a lot better. It's not one of my favourites but I still have watched it plenty over the years, even a recently as a month or so ago when I got the vol2 Scandinavian box set. Another 88films release to look forward to👍

Edited by Master with OK Fingers
  • Like 4

TibetanWhiteCrane
7 minutes ago, chen lung said:

For many years it literally was in bins... of the bargain kind.:laugh

Which is where it belongs, the bins... of any kind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Killer Meteor

Half a Loaf has a great title sequence, but the rest is fairly underwhelming.

I'd still buy a Blu-ray of it of course!

I think I rank the JC-Lo Wei films as follows

Shaolin Wooden Men

Dragon Fist

Snake & Crane Arts of Shaolin

Spiritual Kung Fu

Fearless Hyena

Magnificent Bodyguards

To Kill With Intrigue

New Fist of Fury

Half a Loaf of Kung Fu

Killer Meteors

Fearless Hyena II

• Like 3

So...my 88 Films/Eureka want list, whoever can get the rights, I love supporting both of these excellent labels...

ARMOUR OF GOD

TWIN DRAGONS

WE’RE GOING TO EAT YOU

THE VICTIM

ODD COUPLE

THE PRODIGAL SON

KNOCKABOUT

DREADNAUGHT

WARRIORS TWO

ENCOUNTERS OF THE SPOOKY KIND

ENCOUNTERS OF THE SPOOKY KIND 2

ENTER THE FAT DRAGON (HK theatrical cut and the International cut, like the German Blu except hopefully film elements for the footage unique to the complete HK cut can be located and used for inserts instead of the ancient Crash Cinema non-anamorphic DVD)

SKINNY TIGER, FATTY DRAGON (with final battle footage missing from HK theatrical prints reinstated)

RIGHTING WRONGS (HK theatrical cut, happy ending cut)

MILLIONAIRES EXPRESS (HK theatrical cut, International cut, and comprehensive hybrid cut with all scenes)

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, WaverBoy said:

So...my 88 Films/Eureka want list, whoever can get the rights, I love supporting both of these excellent labels...

ARMOUR OF GOD

TWIN DRAGONS

WE’RE GOING TO EAT YOU

THE VICTIM

ODD COUPLE

THE PRODIGAL SON

KNOCKABOUT

DREADNAUGHT

WARRIORS TWO

ENTER THE FAT DRAGON (HK theatrical cut and the International cut, like the German Blu except hopefully film elements for the footage unique to the complete HK cut can be located and used for inserts instead of the ancient Crash Cinema non-anamorphic DVD)

SKINNY TIGER, FATTY DRAGON (with final battle footage missing from HK theatrical prints reinstated)

MILLIONAIRES EXPRESS (HK theatrical cut, International cut, and comprehensive hybrid cut with all scenes)

That’s a great list. Agree with you about Skinny Tiger Fatty Dragon. I have the German blu ray and usually watch the international version because the fight scenes are uncut and the quality is consistent.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

That’s a great list. Agree with you about Skinny Tiger Fatty Dragon. I have the German blu ray and usually watch the international version because the fight scenes are uncut and the quality is consistent.

Sounds like you’re talking about the German Blu of ENTER THE FAT DRAGON — I have that excellent Mediabook, but I prefer the uncut HK version (I’m an unapologetic lover of silly Canto comedy, fight me 😎), and I’m hoping that film elements can be found for the original opening credits and scenes missing from the restored international version for a possible U.K. Blu release. I am thankful that the German Blu reconstructed the HK version as best they could using the (gasp) Crash Cinema DVD. I wonder what the hell happened to the print Crash used?

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

ARMOUR OF GOD

TWIN DRAGONS

WE’RE GOING TO EAT YOU

THE VICTIM

ODD COUPLE

THE PRODIGAL SON

KNOCKABOUT

DREADNAUGHT

WARRIORS TWO

Must have Big Mike with audio commentary!

• Like 3

Master with OK Fingers

Anyone have this and other than the goodies that come with it, can you tell me if this is any different to the US WB release?

Screenshot_20200830-183340.png

• Like 2

@WaverBoy is there an english dub version of the full uncut Righting Wrongs? Fortune Star owns Righting Wrongs so its possible when they restore it

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

Anyone have this and other than the goodies that come with it, can you tell me if this is any different to the US WB release?

Screenshot_20200830-183340.png

Except the Subs are just like The Drunken Mater 2 previous release.  The US Blu-ray of the Warner Archive  English subs are better they translate the parts in Cantonese and Mandrain scenes much better.  It's up to you want to buy it. It doesn't have any special features like interviews or behind the scenes features..

• Like 3

Master with OK Fingers
37 minutes ago, SpartainX said:

Except the Subs are just like The Drunken Mater 2 previous release.  The US Blu-ray of the Warner Archive  English subs are better they translate the parts in Cantonese and Mandrain scenes much better.  It's up to you want to buy it. It doesn't have any special features like interviews or behind the scenes features..

Okay thanks 👍

Master with OK Fingers
1 hour ago, actionfan93 said:

@WaverBoy is there an english dub version of the full uncut Righting Wrongs? if so I hope 88 films or Eureka can get the rights to it

This version has a full English dub but not the original dub.

Screenshot_20200830-212413.png

Edited by Master with OK Fingers
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

This version has a full English dub but not the original dub.

Screenshot_20200830-212413.png

but isn't this one cut down or is it the full uncut version?

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 2

Master with OK Fingers
11 minutes ago, saltysam said:

If it's the extras you want you could buy it and switch the Warner Archive Disc into it. Looks a nice LE

Yeah was thinking of it. Just trying to convince myself it's worth £50+ import fees lol

• Like 3

Master with OK Fingers
4 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

but isn't this one cut down or is it the full uncut version?

I thought it was the "dark" ending

Spoiler

where Rothrock dies.

• Like 3

Can someone who has the uncut Righting Wrongs please let me know its length and what scenes are missing from the US version of the film?

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 3

Can you please edit your post to remove spoilers?:smile

Righting Wrongs has three versions: Hong Kong; Singapore and / or Malaysian (can someone clarify or correct?); English (known as 'Above the Law', it was assembled for the international market and not just one territory). Details are here and here (can't vouch for its accuracy).

Fortune Star restored the Hong Kong version over a decade ago (as seen on Kam & Ronson and Dragon Dynasty releases). However, it was an upscale, so hopefully a new one will be done soon (if not already) with all the footage transferred so it can be assembled for any client.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, chen lung said:

Can you please edit your post to remove spoilers?:smile

Righting Wrongs has three versions: Hong Kong; Singapore and / or Malaysian (can someone clarify or correct?); English (known as 'Above the Law', it was assembled for the international market and not just one territory). Details are here and here (can't vouch for its accuracy).

Fortune Star restored the Hong Kong version over a decade ago (as seen on Kam & Ronson and Dragon Dynasty releases). However, it was an upscale, so hopefully a new one will be done soon (if not already) with all the footage transferred so it can be assembled for any client.

thank you for the reply I am not sure what you mean by spoilers though but if Fortune Star restores it like they have the Jackie Chan movies hopefully 88 films or Eureka will secure the rights to it

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, actionfan93 said:

thank you for the reply I am not sure what you mean by spoilers though but if Fortune Star restores it like they have the Jackie Chan movies hopefully 88 films or Eureka will secure the rights to it

It was aimed at Master with OK Fingers.

• Like 3

Master with OK Fingers
29 minutes ago, chen lung said:

It was aimed at Master with OK Fingers.

Lol no problem, I will watch for that in future. But how many decades is classed as long enough! Please let me know, I'm dying to let you know what happens at the end of Titanic lol

• Like 2