The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

4 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

YES GOT MY DRO READY..A LIL DRANK ON AND THESE MOTHERFU'KAS. are. ON POINT..

DRAGON.jpg

Oh my!

• Like 5

sifu iron perm

Fearless hyena felt like a new film.. Amazing transfer.

Watching it last night gave me pleasure.

Dragon lord is a cool flick, nothing groundbreaking. I didn't remember the "C" word being used, caught me off guard lol

• Like 8

Are there collectors of trailers on film (35mm, etc), particularly for Golden Harvest titles and the like?

Edited by chen lung
  • Like 5

Master with OK Fingers
Just finished FH and its the best it's ever looked. Fantastic film. 👍

I'm all about the original dubs but I forgot how this one sounded and If I hadn't grown up watching this film, I really wouldn't know what to make of it. The voice actors must have been drunk and so many crazy sounds, phrases and lines.
"Here I come, the sweeping broom". 😂

Great action, and some really laugh out load bits, sometimes just because of the afformentioned dubbing.

One of my favourites growing up and still is. Excellent work from 88films and everyone else involved.

On a side note, I challenge anyone to listen to the dub and when The Master Te-Cha speaks, not hear the IT Crowds Richard Ayoade! 🤔

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

'The Fearless Hyena' isn't a favourite of mine, but I appreciate it more than I did previously.

My favourite scene is when he masquerades as the maid.

The English dub does provide some comic relief (all those characters with the deep voices!).:laugh

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Got Dragon Lord today. Peeked through the video and audio... Excellent work done in those aspects!!! I'll check it it later.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 6

Just seen the artwork for the The Master, another masterpiece as you’d expect. It’s like an urban Kung Fu graffiti piece with a whole lot to look at it’s really great. Another one for the collection.

84492D01-7D70-4039-91B9-52A605F811CE.png

• Like 10

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, Drunksnake said:

Just seen the artwork for the The Master, another masterpiece as you’d expect. It’s like an urban Kung Fu graffiti piece with a whole lot to look at it’s really great. Another one for the collection.

84492D01-7D70-4039-91B9-52A605F811CE.png

Thanks @Drunksnake.

Here's the features announcement:

***Artwork and Features Reveal***
THE MASTER
Starring Jet Li, Yuen Wah, Jerry Trimble and Crystal Kwok

We have brand-new 5.1 and mono remixes amongst all the original audio options you could ever want plus this release has KUNG FU BOBS FIRST EVER audio commentary....!!! WAHHAAA You Just have to check it out! Plus a second commentary by BIG MIKE and ARNE and a new interview with Stuntman JOHN KRENG

Acclaimed director / producer Tsui Hark (Once Upon a Time in China Trilogy, The Killer, A Better Tomorrow) presents the story of a young Kung Fu champion (Jet Li, star of Hero, Kiss of the Dragon, Unleashed) who becomes embroiled in a violent vendetta against his former master, and must use his amazing martial arts skills to survive on the brutal streets of downtown L.A!

[Limited Edition Slipcase]
[Limited A3 Poster]
[Limited Postcards x 4]
New artwork from R.P. “Kung Fu Bob” O’Brien
New 2K Remaster from The Original 35mm Negatives in 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio
Cantonese mono (original theatrical mix)
Cantonese mono (2020 remastered mix)
New Cantonese 5.1 Re-Mix
English mono (Export Version)
English 5.1 Surround
Audio Commentary with Big Mike Leeder and Arne Venema
Audio Commentary by R.P. “Kung Fu Bob” O’Brien
NEW - An Interview with actor/ stuntman John Kreng
[Archive] The Insider: An Interview with Stuntman and Author John Kreng
[Archive] Crystal Clear: An Interview with Leading-Lady Crystal Kwok
[Archive] The Master: An Interview with Yuen Wah
Original Trailer
English Trailer
Reversible sleeve with Original HK Poster Art

• Like 11

Holy shit The Young Master and New Fist Of Fury are coming from 88 Films!!! They’re teasing something “a little extra special” It’s gonna be a good Few months as we’ve also got Shaolin Wooden Men and Spiritual Kung Fu coming! Masterwithokfingers is gonna be buzzing lol!

Edited by Drunksnake
  • Like 12

15 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I’m a bit saddened that they went for New Fist of Fury. It’s a terrible movie in my opinion.

At least they're releasing Young Master.

• Like 7

TibetanWhiteCrane
20 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I’m a bit saddened that they went for New Fist of Fury. It’s a terrible movie in my opinion.

It's straight up shit.... and the only reason they release it is cuz of JC, of course the irony being there's nothing Jackie about it. I think even he would say that.

• Like 4

Master with OK Fingers
2 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

Holy shit The Young Master and New Fist Of Fury are coming from 88 Films!!! They’re teasing something “a little extra special” It’s gonna be a good Few months as we’ve also got Shaolin Wooden Men and Spiritual Kung Fu coming! Masterwithokfingers is gonna be buzzing lol!

You know it!

pizza yes GIF

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Master with OK Fingers

While New Fist of Fury is nowhere near the top of my list, 88films & @KUNG FU BOB are gonna crush it and it will be the best version to have out there.

Anyway I can't go against my blood oath to buy everything Jackie Chan, now can I? Lol

Keep em coming!

• Like 7

Master with OK Fingers

Both up for pre-order on Amazon. The Young Master is £25, this must be something special for that price.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

It’s gonna be a good Few months as we’ve also got Shaolin Wooden Men and Spiritual Kung Fu coming! Masterwithokfingers is gonna be buzzing lol!

Looking forward to seeing the cover art/extras for these releases. 

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Looking forward to seeing the cover art/extras for these releases. 

Kung Fu Fighting man!!!!!!

• Like 7

congrats to everyone who was waiting for these releases I will be waiting for hopefully Tiger Cage 1 and 2, Armour of God, a Lucky Stars boxset and Twin Dragons from either 88 films or Eureka

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, actionfan93 said:

congrats to everyone who was waiting for these releases I will be waiting for hopefully Tiger Cage 1 and 2, Armour of God, a Lucky Stars boxset and Twin Dragons from either 88 films or Eureka

That would be so epic if it happened.

• Like 6

Just now, SpartainX said:

That would be so epic if it happened.

I agree I am also hoping for the girls with guns I need to upgrade to happen from either 88 films or Eureka or both but those are likely further in the future and It will probably never happen but I am holding out some hope Warner,Sony and MGM will remaster the action films I need to upgrade in my collection in the future

• Like 6

2 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

I agree I am also hoping for the girls with guns I need to upgrade to happen from either 88 films or Eureka or both but those are likely further in the future and It will probably never happen but I am holding out some hope Warner,Sony and MGM will remaster the action films I need to upgrade in my collection in the future

Heroic Trio would be a great flim to be released by either company.

• Like 7

sifu iron perm
13 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

the young master is the ONE!!

88 both delivered and delivering Dragons forever & Young Master..88 are the Champs.

• Like 8

sifu iron perm
10 hours ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

Both up for pre-order on Amazon. The Young Master is £25, this must be something special for that price.

a signed kiss from KUNG Fu BOB.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1