The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

actionfan93

Did anyone check Blu-Ray.com's forums under the operation condor thread Irongod2112 mentioned he was looking forward to working on the first film so Armour of God is on the way i hope and i hope Twin Dragons is coming too bad that 88 or Eureka can't release Who Am I or First Strike

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, actionfan93 said:

Did anyone check Blu-Ray.com's forums under the operation condor thread irongod2112 mentioned he was looking forward to working on the first film so Armour of God is on the way i hope and i hope Twin Dragons is coming too bad that 88 or Eureka can't release Who Am I or First Strike

I did see that. He’s a little tease is that Irongod2112. Can’t wait for that!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Duel to the Death

That is actually a Jackie Chan movie i never seen. How does it rank among his films? I know there are quite a few of his movies i just have never seen. There are more i haven't seen than have seen. 

• Like 3

Never got into The Fearless Hyena but the trailer looks great. How does it compare to Snake in the Eagle's Shadow and Drunken Master?

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, DiP said:

Never got into The Fearless Hyena but the trailer looks great. How does it compare to Snake in the Eagle's Shadow and Drunken Master?

It’s a great movie in my opinion! It’s very similar to SITES and DM, great Kung Fu choreography and some awesome physicality from Jackie. Really can’t stand the dubbing on this one though.

• Like 9

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
6 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

It’s a great movie in my opinion! It’s very similar to SITES and DM, great Kung Fu choreography and some awesome physicality from Jackie. Really can’t stand the dubbing on this one though.

4 hours ago, makone said:

I agree the English dub is pure torture.

But, "Grandfaaaaatha!" :xd: Fortunately it will include the original Chinese audio tracks and newly translated English subtitles, just for you guys. :wink:

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

I can't wait to see it again. When I saw it years ago I didn't like it very much. The trailer is very inviting

• Like 5

13 hours ago, JackieRome said:

I can't wait to see it again. When I saw it years ago I didn't like it very much. The trailer is very inviting

Yeah I liked the trailer. It was a great reveal for PQ and audio. Really looking forward to seeing this again in such good quality.

• Like 4

DragonClaws

@KUNG FU BOB I'm only just catching up with some of your recent creation's. The Fearless Hyena inspired poster, really catches the vibe and spirit of the movie 10/10.

• Like 3

sifu iron perm
On 7/16/2020 at 2:29 PM, andy338 said:

Fearless Hyena is looking good :)

oh my days! This looks gorgeous, it's quite surreal seeing that in such pristine condition..my vhs and dvd versions were quite rubbish.

i cant wait.

• Like 5

On 7/16/2020 at 9:00 AM, Duel to the Death said:

That is actually a Jackie Chan movie i never seen. How does it rank among his films? I know there are quite a few of his movies i just have never seen. There are more i haven't seen than have seen. 

I'd say Snake in the Eagle's Shadow and Drunken Master are better films, but Fearless Hyena has some of Jackie Chan's best fight scenes from this point in his career. The choreography is so fast and intricate. And the story is pretty funny too. Great movie overall. But a downright unbearable English dub that is in no way fun to listen to.

• Like 11

Omni Dragon

The Fearless Hyena is perhaps one of the few old school English dubs that I wouldn't mind a new dub for. Most of the dubs Vaughan Savidge worked on were bad, I assume he was the dubbing director for The Fearless Hyena and almost certain he did the English voice for Chan. It still somewhat surprises me that as bad as his dubs were, he's one of the few dubbing voice actors of kung fu movies to achieve notoriety using his voice after his dubbing days. In his case it's for BBC radio.

• Like 2

Killer Meteor
2 hours ago, Omni Dragon said:

The Fearless Hyena is perhaps one of the few old school English dubs that I wouldn't mind a new dub for. Most of the dubs Vaughan Savidge worked on were bad, I assume he was the dubbing director for The Fearless Hyena and almost certain he did the English voice for Chan. It still somewhat surprises me that as bad as his dubs were, he's one of the few dubbing voice actors of kung fu movies to achieve notoriety using his voice after his dubbing days. In his case it's for BBC radio.

He's interviewed on the new Criterion Bruce Lee Set - I can't place his voice but yeah, I assume all those camp Monty Pythonish voices were his doing.

• Like 3

thundered mantis

I couldn't bear the trailer video quality and also preordered. For me, Fearless Hyena showcases Jackie Chan at his absolute physical peak.

The pre final fight is a total gem (similar to other fight on Snake and Craje arts though). The letdown for me is the final bout, where Yen Shi Kwan is wasted and the fight is spoiled by too much goofiness. On his other classics of the genre (SITES, DM, YM and DL), the humor, the drama and the physical prowess were better mixed up IMO. Still, with the big four I've mentioned, plus Snake and Crane Arts and Dragon Fist, one of the must have  Jackie's classic kung fu era for me

• Like 5

thundered mantis

bummer for me, hope the misterious ones are more to my taste, no offense to Van Damme fans intended

• Like 2

Duel to the Death

I was a big Van Damme fan in the 80's. But i still had only seen 3 of his movies from around then. Bloodsport, Kickboxer and Timecop. I seen Bloodsport so many times it's not funny. I wanted to see a few of his other movies but never did. Still to this day. So not sure how good these other ones are. 

• Like 3

Omni Dragon
23 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

He's interviewed on the new Criterion Bruce Lee Set - I can't place his voice but yeah, I assume all those camp Monty Pythonish voices were his doing.

In the documentary Iron Fists and Kung Fu Kicks, Vaughan Savidge said himself that he had seen The Fearless Hyena recently and that he did the Jackie Chan voice. I posted a video of that interview in the Dubbing information and discussion thread:

The Fearless Hyena does have one of those weird rough sounding dubs similar to the dubs for some of the Godfrey Ho, Thomas Tang, and Joseph Lai movies that Vaughan Savidge is credited for (sometimes under the name Vaughan Savido).

On a side note in the 88 Films trailer at 00:14 the line “Why don't you coach at are school” sounds to me like Warwick Evans.

• Like 5

Omni Dragon
6 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

Thanks!

I wonder where Rick Thomas is from, his accent is hard to place!

Quote below was copied from: https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Rik_Thomas

Rik Thomas is the elusive founder and owner of Omni Productions. Formerly a soldier in the British Special Forces, Thomas settled in Hong Kong following a tour in Vietnam and founded the studio

• Like 3