The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Drunken Monk

Pardon my ignorance but is there a super long version of the Jackie/Hwang In Shik fight from The Young Master? Is there a possibility 88 Films will put out a full uncut version. They’re definitely putting out this one next.

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Pardon my ignorance but is there a super long version of the Jackie/Hwang In Shik fight from The Young Master? Is there a possibility 88 Films will put out a full uncut version. They’re definitely putting out this one next.

If they are, can they include Kung Fu Fighting man during the ending by chance?

• Like 4

actionfan93

for those wondering what could be coming via 88 films or Eureka from Fortune star here are a couple of links of what they have from Chan and others I know this is only a small part of what they have as they say they have over 700 titles but I think these links could interest others

Their 4k and 2k Remasters including A better Tomorrow

also their HD ready films what they've uploaded so far such as Tiger Cage 2 and In the line of Duty 3

this link is their various uploads of what they have restored I am sure there is more but this is what they've uploaded so far

http://www.fortunestarentertainment.com/actors_jackiechan.html

http://www.fortunestarentertainment.com/pdf/FS_Brochure2018.pdf

http://www.fortunestarentertainment.com/actors_yuenbiao.html

http://www.fortunestarentertainment.com/actors_sammohung.html

http://www.fortunestarentertainment.com/genre_action.html

• Like 5

14 hours ago, SpartainX said:

I hope Thunderbolt get's released so i can hear Mike Leeder's commentary on it.

Also, Donnie Yen needs love too.  I hope Tiger Cage 1 &  Tiger Cage 2, In the Line of Duty 4 .  Crystal  Hunt. get into the future releases of 88 flims.  Also more Jet Li include Black Mask.

Edited by SpartainX
I wanted more stuff
  • Like 6

actionfan93
4 hours ago, SpartainX said:

Also, Donnie Yen needs love too.  I hope Tiger Cage 1 &  Tiger Cage 2, In the Line of Duty 4 .  Crystal  Hunt. get into the future releases of 88 flims.  Also more Jet Li include Black Mask.

In the line of Duty 3 as well Cynthia Khan's first action role if a Michelle yeoh box set includes yes madam and Royal Warriors then in the line of duty 3 and 4 should be sold together as well 

• Like 5

De Ming Li

Love 88 but holy smokes!! 25 pounds international shipping? Anybody know the reason for such a huge increase? Has Covid-19 affected them that badly? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Duel to the Death
10 minutes ago, De Ming Li said:

Love 88 but holy smokes!! 25 pounds international shipping? Anybody know the reason for such a huge increase? Has Covid-19 affected them that badly? 

I just went and looked. It's 10 pounds to ship a single movie to the US. It was 7 pounds just the other day. :(

De Ming Li

25 pounds for Dragon Lord and Fearless Hyena to me in Australia, where last month it was only 4 pounds. Crazy times....

• Sad 1

Iron Head Rat
14 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

HKL version was quite a bit longer than the VHS edit I watched back in the early 80's. Not sure if there's more material.. Pre-ordered Dragon Lord & Fearless Hyena as well..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

Yup, but......They're worth it. At least now you can track your blu-rays.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

In the line of Duty 3 as well Cynthia Khan's first action role if a Michelle yeoh box set includes yes madam and Royal Warriors then in the line of duty 3 and 4 should be sold together as well 

That can work too. But over the years interms of In The Line of Duty 4 has been sold more as another Donnie Yen flim more than a Cynthia Khan flim.   It would be nice if In The Line of Duty 5 Middle man was sold as well.  

• Like 2

Drunksnake
21 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

The fight at the end of the Young Master is very long and I’m mostly used to the HKL version. But there is some missing fight footage from that release too, I’m pretty sure it’s on YouTube I’ll try to find it for you and post it when I do.

Edited by Drunksnake
  • Like 2

Drunksnake

• Like 5

On 7/1/2020 at 9:41 AM, Drunken Monk said:

Both The Fearless Hyena and Dragon Lord are up for pre-order on 88 Films' site. Just ordered mine!

Just ordered mine too! Thanks buddy!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

The fight at the end of the Young Master is very long and I’m mostly used to the HKL version. But there is some missing fight footage from that release too, I’m pretty sure it’s on YouTube I’ll try to find it for you and post it when I do.

Count me in for a mondo extendo YOUNG MASTER!

• Like 5

Duel to the Death

Man I tell ya. I love the reverse artwork on these. The Kung Fu Bob artwork is great too. But the reverse covers give me that feeling like I'm taken back in time to the original premiere of the movie. I love it. I couldn't imagine how it was seeing these for the first time in Hong Kong as they premiered and how the audience reacted. 

0JLiBBk.jpg?1

• Like 6

Duel to the Death

I just got an email back from 88 Films over that audio issue i noticed in Clan of the White Lotus. Here is their reply

That is the same as our master. No one else has mentioned it so i’m assuming its correct.

Hope that helps.

I guess if they say it's correct i can't really argue. 

Here is the audio issue again just in case nobody has heard it yet

• Like 2

Duel to the Death

Someone over on the Blu-Ray forums says it's not 88 Films fault and the master was bad. 

• Like 2

On 7/2/2020 at 8:08 PM, De Ming Li said:

25 pounds for Dragon Lord and Fearless Hyena to me in Australia, where last month it was only 4 pounds. Crazy times....

I think it's something to do with them only being able to use DHL at the moment? They answered a similar question on Facebook recently but I can't recall the exact answer.

Worst comes to worst we could organise group orders if it doesn't decrease by the time these two release.

• Like 4

So, here are my current most wanted:

THE YOUNG MASTER

WARRIORS TWO

KNOCKABOUT

DREADNAUGHT

THE VICTIM

TWIN DRAGONS

• Like 8

My list.

Thunderbolt.

Dragon Fight,