The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

7 hours ago, Duel to the Death said:

A question since i never watch movies on streaming services. If let's say Netflix gets them does that mean we would only get the dubbed versions of these movies or do they offer other options like Cantonese/Mandarin with subtitles? I don't see myself using these services but i'm just curious. 

For some reason, Netflix doesn't have dubs available for most of their Shaw titles. Dubbed versions are available on Prime video, so I can't understand why Netflix didn't bother to include them.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, venom10463 said:

For some reason, Netflix doesn't have dubs available for most of their Shaw titles. Dubbed versions are available on Prime video, so I can't understand why Netflix didn't bother to include them.

Actually you can select dubbed or original language on Netflix.

6 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

Actually you can select dubbed or original language on Netflix.

They must have added them a few months ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, venom10463 said:

They must have added them a few months ago.

No they’ve always been there. You have an option to select which you want.

2 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

No they’ve always been there. You have an option to select which you want.

It wasn't there a year ago. I checked the audio options and only Chinese was available. @SMK and I were talking about it when I noticed the dubs weren't available for a lot of the Netflix Shaw titles.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, venom10463 said:

It wasn't there a year ago. I checked the audio options and only Chinese was available. @SMK and I were talking about it when I noticed the dubs weren't available for a lot of the Netflix Shaw titles.

Oh well my mistake sorry.

My wish was for Jackie to be pulling the sand bags in full pain of the training face, and it came true more beautifully than I could have imagined! Thanks KungFuBob! Need a poster!19D1D7B0-7187-4442-A8C2-C575156CE842.png

Edited by Drunksnake
  • Like 12

Master with OK Fingers
5 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

My wish was for Jackie to be pulling the sand bags in full pain of the training face, and it came true more beautifully than I could have imagined! Thanks KungFuBob! Need a poster!19D1D7B0-7187-4442-A8C2-C575156CE842.png

Couldn't agree more, another fantastic piece of art! 👍

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

Couldn't agree more, another fantastic piece of art! 👍

Is a bloody good one isn’t it?!

• Like 5

Master with OK Fingers
9 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

Is a bloody good one isn’t it?!

Definitely, my favourite though is the Dragon Lord cover. Absolute perfection!

Snoop Bruno Mars GIF by Morphin

Edited by Master with OK Fingers
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

Definitely, my favourite though is the Dragon Lord cover. Absolute perfection!

Snoop Bruno Mars GIF by Morphin

The Dragon Lord design is another great piece of fresh, nostalgic art. We’ve definitely got the best guy doing these covers for us fans.

• Like 5

actionfan93

hopefully Medium rares license is close to expiring so 88 films or Eureka can release this one as a future release

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, actionfan93 said:

About a month ago I received Supercop and Armour of God from Hong Kong Rescue and they are excellent and packed with special features. Supercop’s PQ in so much better than the official release as they did their own colour correction. I think they’re the best releases until Armour of God eventually gets a new license holder. Can only hope for a good UK release of Supercop.

8B303A07-10DA-428A-B6F2-EB320094C053.jpeg

Edited by Drunksnake
  • Like 7

actionfan93

Drunksnake I have both HKR releases but if an official release comes I will purchase it whether people like fortune star or not they are restoring their films and giving us better quality versions so we are lucky that they care enough to restore them as I have some Steven Seagal movies,2 Jackie Chan movies and 1 Chuck Norris movie in my action movie collection owned by other companies that might never see better quality versions because the companies that own the rights don't care as much as fortune star does about restoring their films and releasing them in higher quality versions I can only hope this changes over time hopefully so the ones that haven't been remastered or restored can get treatment they deserve so me and others can upgrade to higher quality releases

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, actionfan93 said:

Drunksnake I have both HKR releases but if an official release comes I will purchase it whether people like fortune star or not they are restoring their films and giving us better quality versions so we are lucky that they care enough to restore them as I have some Steven Seagal movies,2 Jackie Chan movies and 1 Chuck Norris movie in my action movie collection owned by other companies that might never see better quality versions because the companies that own the rights don't care as much as fortune star does about restoring their films and releasing them in higher quality versions I can only hope this changes over time hopefully so the ones that haven't been remastered or restored can get treatment they deserve so me and others can upgrade to higher quality releases

I agree with you I will always buy the official release to support them, I own Supercop 4K blu ray and Dragon Dynasty dvd. I also have the UK OOP Armour of God blu ray plus many other multiple titles. Customs are a nice bonus though when done right. I am hoping either 88 films or Eureka! eventually get the rights to Armour Of God when it becomes available, that’d be an awesome release. As for Supercop who knows? 

• Like 5

actionfan93
9 minutes ago, Drunksnake said:

I agree with you I will always buy the official release to support them, I own Supercop 4K blu ray and Dragon Dynasty dvd. I also have the UK OOP Armour of God blu ray plus many other multiple titles. Customs are a nice bonus though when done right. I am hoping either 88 films or Eureka! eventually get the rights to Armour Of God when it becomes available, that’d be an awesome release. As for Supercop who knows? 

I am hoping Twin Dragons will come from either one as well and hopefully a Lucky Stars boxset is coming from Eureka in the future and as for the others I was referring to unfortunately they are owned by Warner/Warner Asia and Sony and this may sound wrong to some but with how Fortune Star cares to restore their films I really wish they had the rights to every film I need to upgrade as eventually they'd all get quality upgrades or restored I can only hope restoration will be in the pipeline for the many girls with guns out there that need better official releases and yes I do have to thank the people who do customs without them a lot of films would never see upgraded releases and we'd be stuck with the lesser quality originals when a lot of films deserve more

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 3

I would LOVE a proper release of TWIN DRAGONS from 88 or Eureka...it’s one of Jackie’s three criminally underrated classics (the other two being HEART OF DRAGON and MR. CANTON & LADY ROSE). If they’re unable to get their mitts on that one any time soon, I’ll take a nice HKR custom of it in the meantime, yes please, and will still purchase an 88 or Eureka version if one ever comes out.

• Like 3

Twin Dragons would be great. Would love a decent release of Rumble In The Bronx, Who Am I and First Strike too. I’m glad Drunken Master 2 got a beautiful original language and English dub release from Warner Brothers but was a shame about the subtitles. Next came an uncut Mr Nice Guy from Warner so who knows what may be around the corner.

Edited by Drunksnake
  • Like 4

danthemandmv
On 6/26/2020 at 12:40 PM, Drunksnake said:

Yet another KILLER piece of awesome old-school art-Bob, you continue to amaze &  astonish us!:BL-4YouDaMan:

• Like 10

8 hours ago, danthemandmv said:

Yet another KILLER piece of awesome old-school art-Bob, you continue to amaze &  astonish us!:BL-4YouDaMan:

Damn good cover.  

• Like 6

sifu iron perm

88 films hinted at The young master as their next release on Instagram. 

This a dream coming true. 

• Like 12

Drunken Monk

Both The Fearless Hyena and Dragon Lord are up for pre-order on 88 Films' site. Just ordered mine!

• Like 10

thundered mantis

My preferred covers from Kung Fu Bob are Miracles, Heart of the Dragon, Operation Condor and Dragon Lord. Fearless Hyena´s is also superb also.

Preordered Dragon Lord also, love the care 88 films are puting on this editions

• Like 7