The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Master with OK Fingers

Pre-order for AOG2 now live on 88films. Just ordered mine and cancelled my Amazon pre-order. Amazon always seem to be 7-10 days behind 88 directly.

• Like 4

Drunken Monk
3 hours ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

Pre-order for AOG2 now live on 88films. Just ordered mine and cancelled my Amazon pre-order. Amazon always seem to be 7-10 days behind 88 directly.

I did exactly the same thing this morning. With S&H, my Amazon order was costing me close to $30.

88 Films are offering free shipping. A much cheaper option.

• Like 3

Tex Killer
On 5/20/2020 at 7:33 PM, KUNG FU BOB said:

91muMBIxjuL._AC_SX342_.jpg

Incredible cover, one of best scenes in movie and villain haunting in background is terrific concept. Best JC cover for 88 so far.

Will ignore AoG2 free shipping offer atm tho, still waiting 7 blood stained orchids and clan of white lotus, shipped 52 days ago. I know it`s not 88 fault but atm can`t use more € into that direction.

• Like 3

Drunksnake
On 5/20/2020 at 7:51 PM, KUNG FU BOB said:

Your comments are wonderful to read- my goals were achieved (at least for you). Thank you very much!

88 Films and I are enjoying our collaborations a lot, and we definitely have some more projects together already lined up.

FEARLESS HYENA is another exciting piece for me, and is currently in the works (along with 5 other things I'm doing simultaneously, all projects/releases that should interest this forum's members). It's cool to get to depict Jackie in one of his old school flavor kung fu roles. He is an awesome subject with an endlessly expressive face and a fantastic physique, so I love that I'm getting to draw him so much and in such a wide-ranging variety from all these different films.

Glad your getting the feedback you want, you deserve it.

Fearless Hyena is great for a bit of oldskool fu! Jackie does indeed have a fantastic physique. The first time I saw him pulling the sandbags completely stunned me, I couldn’t believe the muscle on the guy. He looked ripped in Drunken Master but he looked like a Chinese Stallone in that scene. 

Looking forward to seeing what the future holds.

• Like 3

danthemandmv
On 5/20/2020 at 12:33 PM, KUNG FU BOB said:

Thanks brother.

Yeah, 88 Films and I like to incorporate logos and fonts from the past (if they're cool) as we have nostalgic feelings for them. I also really like the title font used on the actual film print too- regal, but with a bit of fun as well- but the "dragon head D" version was the clear winner.

In the near future...

91muMBIxjuL._AC_SX342_.jpg

814AnNo3qDL._AC_SY445_.jpg

Bob, you continue to amaze, astonish & awe us-another STELLAR cover!

• Like 3

Jesse Smooth

@KUNG FU BOB glad to see you’re doing well and I see I’m gonna have to get that “Dragon Lord”. I know you’re crazy busy, but just giving you your big ups!

• Like 3

actionfan93

Has anyone seen 88 Films facebook post it shows the Police Story Trilogy and Armour of god is this just their collection or could these be up coming releases?

• Like 2

Graeme Of Death

Nah you can see in the photo the Eureka release of Police Story 1 and 2 that came out a couple of years ago. Would like to see them release the 3rd one though.

• Like 3

Omni Dragon
On 5/23/2020 at 12:45 PM, actionfan93 said:

Has anyone seen 88 Films facebook post it shows the Police Story Trilogy and Armour of god is this just their collection or could these be up coming releases?

Looks like the Korean BD:

808802171_PoliceStoryKorean.jpg.787e63b6151dacc9e882c32552b0a839.jpg

On 5/23/2020 at 1:27 PM, Graeme Of Death said:

Nah you can see in the photo the Eureka release of Police Story 1 and 2 that came out a couple of years ago. Would like to see them release the 3rd one though.

Sadly the Dimension version causes significant difficulties in releasing Police Story III-Super Cop.

Edited by Silver and Gold Dragon
  • Like 2

You know which Police Story would actually need a proper restoration? The original Hong Kong cut of Police Story 4 AKA First Strike

• Like 5

Some more titles from 88 Films have popped up on Amazon :); Avenging Force (August 24th), which is the same date as Fearless Hyena & Dragon Lord and Van Damme fans are in for a treat on September 28th with Street fighter, Knock Off & Replicant. Jet Li's The Master is also due that day. I am going to be skint!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?i=dvd&rh=n%3A283926%2Cp_n_theme_browse-bin%3A5808040031&s=date-desc-rank&qid=1590523189&ref=sr_pg_1

Edited by andy338
  • Like 6

Drunken Monk

I'll probably only pick up Fearless HyenaKnock OffDragon Lord and The Master. Maybe Street Fighter if it has crazy special features. The movie is shit but a special edition might be nice.

• Like 3

I find Street Fighter's a lot more enjoyable if you treat its a comedy (which it was largely intended to be). It doesn't work well as a pure action picture, as per Van Damme's normal output, but as a goofball action-comedy... yeah, it's kinda fun.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Markgway said:

I find Street Fighter's a lot more enjoyable if you treat its a comedy (which it was largely intended to be). It doesn't work well as a pure action picture, as per Van Damme's normal output, but as a goofball action-comedy... yeah, it's kinda fun.  

That's how I've always treated it. Its really meant for older children to watch too now that I think about it. If I remember correctly, Raul Julia made this film for his son.

• Like 2

Street Fighter was a must see film for me when it came out (given that I was 5 years old and a huge fan of the series). It's still a fun film, so I'll be glad to pick this one up.

• Like 2

Has anybody else got this yet? 88 Films ship a little earlier than the official date of next week. Once again the artwork on the actual product looks awesome!!

Edited by andy338
  • Like 4

Drunken Monk

My Operation Condor has shipped but I'm in the US so it may take a little longer than usual. I also ordered 88 Films' Intruder release. That shipped before Operation Condor and that hasn't gotten here yet either.

• Like 4

Duel to the Death

I am wondering if somebody can help me out with something. I just got my copy of Clan of the White Lotus from 88 Films and i need to know if something is wrong with my copy. On the Cantonese track it goes silent for a few seconds at 1:11:18 just after Hung Wen-Ting attacks Priest White Lotus on his ear from behind. And the audio comes back at about 1:11:23. Was that on purpose because he hit him on the ear? Or is it a goof on the Blu Ray? I tried 2 different media players on my computer that i use to play Blu Rays and same problem on both. I even ripped it to my computer and still have the issue. It doesn't do that on the English track. 

Also i have a copy of the IVL release on my computer and on both the Cantonese Track and Mandarin track it does not go silent there. So it should not do that on the 88 release. If anybody else owns this, can you see if yours does that. I would appreciate it. Here is a visual cue if it helps. It happens a second after this hit. 

xmeugy7.jpg

• Like 1