The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Master with OK Fingers
45 minutes ago, Drunksnake said:

If you watch from 3:19:40 you’ll see the wooden dummy hall

Those who you strike, will always strike back!

• Like 3

Omni Dragon
7 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

Anybody remember the game Shaolin on PlayStation? It was pretty much SWM, you pick your player gender and then one of six Kung fu styles (eight extremities Fist, Hung Gar, Tai chi, Shaolin, Jeet Kune Do or Drunken Boxing) and go from province to province learning new moves for your style along the way. At the end you go to Shaolin temple and have to fight through the wooden dummy hall! Then use your forearms to move the Dragon Tiger urn It was awesome I still own a copy.

My copy came with a booklet advertising Made In Hong Kong label VHS tapes. 

• Like 4

DragonClaws

Hat's off to 88-Films, I cant wait for the local stores to re-open so I can pick up some of their new releases. I just havent had the money in the past month to purchase any Martial Art's related stuff.

• Like 5

Master with OK Fingers

Both Dragon Lord & Fearless Hyena up for pre-order on Amazon.

I have mine secured 👍

• Like 3

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
1 hour ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

@KUNG FU BOB  The Dragon Lord cover is amazing. The font a real throwback to the original VHS release. I love it 👍

Thanks brother.

Yeah, 88 Films and I like to incorporate logos and fonts from the past (if they're cool) as we have nostalgic feelings for them. I also really like the title font used on the actual film print too- regal, but with a bit of fun as well- but the "dragon head D" version was the clear winner.

1 hour ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

Do we know when the Fearless Hyena artwork is going live? 

In the near future...

91muMBIxjuL._AC_SX342_.jpg

814AnNo3qDL._AC_SY445_.jpg

• Like 9

Drunksnake

That artwork once again is awesome. It’s strange when you see brand new artwork yet it instantly takes you back! It definitely has a very nostalgic feeling to it but it’s so fresh and unique. Well Done and thank you Mr Bob yet again for giving us these. I hope 88 continue to use your art on the cover of the hard case and the slip. Can’t wait to see the Fearless Hyena art and really looking forward to the next three Jackie releases from 88. Good times!

• Like 6

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
1 hour ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

@KUNG FU BOB Holy shit!!! :star:rockon

:bs_martialgreeting: Mucho appreciado mi amigo.

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

Amazing art @KUNG FU BOB. I’m proud to have all your covers in my collection.

Can anyone drop a link to the Amazon pre-order page?

Thanks @Drunken Monk. It's very cool to read that. When I started on this forum I never thought something like this would ever actually happen, though I had fantasized about doing this kind of work since I was a child. Ironically, my good friend, our forum brother @Karlos told me way back when he first saw my artwork that this was definitely going to happen. It's amazing to have friends and family that support and believe in your dreams. It certainly goes a long way towards fueling you to accomplish it.

Right now the Amazon page says "Pre-order coming soon, check back for updates", but I've heard that that sorts out after a few days. So here's the link which will hopefully be usable soon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dragon-Lord-Blu-ray/dp/B088V9QV1F?tag=bluraycom-21&linkCode=xm2&m=

Here's 88 Films' "Coming Soon" page where OPERATION CONDOR is now up for pre-order and where DRAGON LORD should be showing up soon as well. https://88-films.myshopify.com/collections/pre-orders

34 minutes ago, Drunksnake said:

That artwork once again is awesome. It’s strange when you see brand new artwork yet it instantly takes you back! It definitely has a very nostalgic feeling to it but it’s so fresh and unique. Well Done and thank you Mr Bob yet again for giving us these. I hope 88 continue to use your art on the cover of the hard case and the slip. Can’t wait to see the Fearless Hyena art and really looking forward to the next three Jackie releases from 88. Good times!

Your comments are wonderful to read- my goals were achieved (at least for you). Thank you very much!

88 Films and I are enjoying our collaborations a lot, and we definitely have some more projects together already lined up.

FEARLESS HYENA is another exciting piece for me, and is currently in the works (along with 5 other things I'm doing simultaneously, all projects/releases that should interest this forum's members). It's cool to get to depict Jackie in one of his old school flavor kung fu roles. He is an awesome subject with an endlessly expressive face and a fantastic physique, so I love that I'm getting to draw him so much and in such a wide-ranging variety from all these different films.

• Like 8

megadurilicus

Maaan @KUNG FU BOB that is fresh!  I was wondering how Cowboy was going to be on this cover and his posture with the musket right next to Dragon is awesome!:monk_laughing:

Everything else feels perfectly in place as well really making it pop.    Doesn't get any better than this, amazing!

• Like 5

Master with OK Fingers
2 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

91muMBIxjuL._AC_SX342_.jpg

@KUNG FU BOB  Will you be releasing this as a poster? All your previous ones have been amazing, but this one I think is by far your best and it really brings back old memories. 

I must have it! 😁

• Like 6

Master with OK Fingers
28 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

FEARLESS HYENA is another exciting piece for me, and is currently in the works (along with 5 other things I'm doing simultaneously, all projects/releases that should interest this forum's members).

Are you able to spread some light on these other projects yet?

Come on Lucky Stars boxset 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

• Like 3

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
3 minutes ago, megadurilicus said:

Maaan @KUNG FU BOB that is fresh!  I was wondering how Cowboy was going to be on this cover and his posture with the musket right next to Dragon is awesome!:monk_laughing:

Everything else feels perfectly in place as well really making it pop.    Doesn't get any better than this, amazing!

Oh dude, I appreciate that! One of the most challenging parts of doing this one was trying to decide which of the crazy faces that Mars pulls should be included here. I decided to do one of the less ridiculous ones so it didn't distract too much from Jackie.

1 minute ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

@KUNG FU BOB  Will you be releasing this as a poster? All your previous ones have been amazing, but this one I think is by far your best and it really brings back old memories. 

I must have it! 😁

Yes, it will be, but not until after the Blu-ray is released.

Yeah, you think so? Wow, glad to hear you like it so much.

• Like 5

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
7 minutes ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

Are you able to spread some light on these other projects yet?

Come on Lucky Stars boxset 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Sorry to say that Eureka has not asked me to do any work for them. (If anybody would like to see my work on their covers, please send them a polite message letting them know. :wink:) However, I do know that some awesome people are working hard on their upcoming projects. And I'm as excited as you guys are about that. Oh, and Eureka's MR. VAMPIRE Blu-ray release? Oh yes, please!

Here's what I can say about what I'm working on...

FEARLESS HYENA cover art for 88 Films (and more).

Poster art for a martial arts person's documentary/bio.

THE UNTOLD STORY cover art for Unearthed Films.

Advertising/poster art for a big genre event.

Cover art for a classic film being released by TVP- The Vengeance Pack (a film I love!)

Poster/Blu-ray cover art for a foreign martial arts flick that features one of the most talented new action guys working today.

Artwork of a Shaw Brothers classic film that will be sold as prints and posters.

And after that a top secret project that I just learned last night I'd been given the job to do. Can't say anything about it except, it may be the most unique job I've ever been given to do art for.

• Like 7

Master with OK Fingers

Anyone know if Fearless Hyena has been pushed back? It had a pre-order date of the 24th Aug, but 88 have just released a list of films for Aug/Sep bit FH is not on there?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DiP said:

Dragon Lord will be released on August 24. In addition (maybe it's time to create a general thread for 88 Films, mods?), Jet Li's The Master just got announced and will be out on September 28.

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=26858

The Master is another one that I love, definite pre order for me!

• Like 4

One Armed Boxer
11 hours ago, DiP said:

(maybe it's time to create a general thread for 88 Films, mods?)

Good call, reading through the thread there’s also a lot of discussion on the 88 Films Shaw Brothers releases.

I’ve adjusted the name of the thread to reflect the naming convention of the Eureka! Blu-ray thread, & merged the 88 Films Jackie Chan and Shaw Brothers Blu-ray threads together, since there was overlapping discussion in both.

• Like 4

DragonClaws

15 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Good call, reading through the thread there’s also a lot of discussion on the 88 Films Shaw Brothers releases.

When people starting disussing 88-Film post 1986 titles, I suggested moving this thread. It wasn't a popular idea with people at the time. Great to see it merged/moved now.

• Like 2