The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

AslanBey

Months ago someone on twitter told me that 88 is going to release or announce FongSaiYuk towards end of 2024. 

So...🤔🤔🤔

• Like 1

On 8/31/2024 at 10:23 AM, AslanBey said:

Months ago someone on twitter told me that 88 is going to release or announce FongSaiYuk towards end of 2024. 

So...🤔🤔🤔

image.gif.01061b74b0727025342fca7b55d9d1bd.gif

• Haha 1

sifu iron perm
On 8/31/2024 at 4:23 PM, AslanBey said:

So...🤔🤔🤔

Nostradamus 

• Like 2

Yggdrasil
On 8/31/2024 at 4:23 PM, AslanBey said:

So...🤔🤔🤔

Father Christmas will be busy then.

• Love 1

PandaPawPaw
13 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

Father Christmas will be busy then.

He's a glorified postman. The elves and Reindeer are the real MVPs.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BLfan said:

Why use the 'legend' wording when it is the Hong Kong version?

Yeah should've just called it Fong Sai Yuk. Interesting that Frankie Balboa has signed up to do the audio commentaries along with Stiggy.  No offense to him but he never came across as the most articulate guy but he is enthusiastic I'll give him that but I'm afraid he'll be out of his element next to Chris Poggiali. Hopefully that's not the case though.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Coming soon…

IMG_9091.jpeg

As I expected... But the sequel too? That's double the fun! 

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
28 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Yeah should've just called it Fong Sai Yuk. Interesting that Frankie Balboa has signed up to do the audio commentaries along with Stiggy.  No offense to him but he never came across as the most articulate guy but he is enthusiastic I'll give him that but I'm afraid he'll be out of his element next to Chris Poggiali. Hopefully that's not the case though.

Frankie already did a Fong Sai Yuk commentary on the Ronin Flix release from last year, so he's pretty familiar with the material. I'm not that familiar with Chris Poggiali, though I hear good things.

• Like 2

I've heard Chris Poggiali's audio commentary in a few Sonny Chiba films from the Shout collection.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

Frankie already did a Fong Sai Yuk commentary on the Ronin Flix release from last year, so he's pretty familiar with the material. I'm not that familiar with Chris Poggiali, though I hear good things.

How was his commentary for the Ronin Flix release?

ChillyChong
7 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Yeeeesss!

Nooooooooo! It's 4K!!

Don`t worry there will be BR Deluxe edition also.

Edited by ChillyChong
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Yeeeesss!

Nooooooooo! It's 4K!!

I don't understand? Just order the standard blu ray version of this set if you don't want the 4K UHD version.

Drunken Monk
2 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

How was his commentary for the Ronin Flix release?

I think Frankie himself has said it wasn't the bext commentary.

• Haha 1

So this was cut for animal cruelty (horse falls) for its original UK release but has it survived the BBFC this time?

2 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I don't get the appeal at all.

Niklaus Vogel
3 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I am very disappointed that Frank Djeng is not involved in doing the commentary.  First TAI CHI MASTER, now this. I am so glad Frank did the commentary for both FIST OF LEGEND (Superb) and BODYGUARD FROM BEIJING (excellent, especially all the parts about Hong Kongers' anxiety of the China handover) but why couldn't 88 Films let him do these three as well?  For period films like TCM and FSY 1 and 2 having Frank explain the various cultural elements and especially Josephine Siao's wordplay humor would've been most welcome.

Edited by Niklaus Vogel
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

So this was cut for animal cruelty (horse falls) for its original UK release but has it survived the BBFC this time?

Peter Glagowski says both films are totally uncut.

• Like 4

ShawAngela
2 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I don't understand? Just order the standard blu ray version of this set if you don't want the 4K UHD version.

I didn't see any, hence my disappointment.

Talking about that, in the 4K vboxset of Project A, it's mentioned that there are two blurays. Are they blurays of the movie? If not, it's so disappointing that the bluray boxset doesn't have the booklet and cards... It's a kind of punishment for people who don't have the luck to have a 4K player...

• Like 1