The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Pandaman
3 minutes ago, AlexanderFu said:

I don't know. I just went to the 88 Films site, where I bought like 30 or so blu rays in the past & it was $5.00 shipping, and since now it is 15$ (or 33$ for Whatever kind of 'special' shipping :lol: ) , I'll just use Amazon for now on or borrow someone's copy. It just pisses me off that they would do that, especially since I only really bought to support the releases.

Of all releases to FUBAR, it's really a shame that To Kill a Mastermind had to be one of them.

I go to DVD Orbit or Brother Bealial to order anything 88 films related stuff. Their shipping is well...

image.gif.50149af44385724b17f4ea873ab149bc.gif

• Like 1

AlexanderFu

Good ol' Kramer :cool

Yeah, I had to do my British to American conversion.

In June shipping was $6.35 America, now it is $15.00 American.

If It came with the original poster, or a commentary, I'd have bit the bullet & made the purchase. 

It's $34.00 on Amazon - maybe 3 dollars cheaper, but I'm getting it there.

I just had to vent a bit - At least Eureka is free shipping. :thumbsup

Can't wait for Broken Oath! 

Peace to you. :)

• Like 1

saltysam
42 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

Ze Price tag?

Best price so far for those in the UK is about £60 delivered from wowhd

• Like 1

AlexanderFu
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Best price so far for those in the UK is about £60 delivered from wowhd

Wow! What are you getting delivered for $76.22 in American dollars if I might ask?

Not trying to pry, btw :thumbsup

Edit: - my bad, I just read Sifu's post & your previous one.

Edited by AlexanderFu

Pandaman
51 minutes ago, AlexanderFu said:

Good ol' Kramer :cool

Yeah, I had to do my British to American conversion.

In June shipping was $6.35 America, now it is $15.00 American.

If It came with the original poster, or a commentary, I'd have bit the bullet & made the purchase. 

It's $34.00 on Amazon - maybe 3 dollars cheaper, but I'm getting it there.

I just had to vent a bit - At least Eureka is free shipping. :thumbsup

Can't wait for Broken Oath! 

Peace to you. :)

Eureka wins that battle for shipping.

88 films charges an arm,  a leg and hits you towards your wallet when comes to shipping charges.

I'm looking foward to Broken Oath this fall when it's long awaited release on Blu-ray.

• Like 1

AlexanderFu
47 minutes ago, Pandaman said:

Eureka wins that battle for shipping.

88 films charges an arm,  a leg and hits you towards your wallet when comes to shipping charges.

I'm looking foward to Broken Oath this fall when it's long awaited release on Blu-ray.

Yes, that & the green Arrow box are what I'm really looking forward too.

I'm sop surprised no much has been said about To Kill a Mastermind, all things considered with how hard it was to get & picture quality & all that.

I have the great new .mkv copy with the English subs on top of the other subs, so really cant wait to solve that, but very disappointed not even a commentary for such a legendary release.   :thumbsup

• Like 2

Yihetuan

They had a huge sale recently & I was gonna order a shit ton of blu rays but after I put in their promo code for 25% off the free international shipping no longer applied. Therefore it made zero sense for me to order through them if the 25% off is going to be negated by the £30 shipping fee.

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1

saltysam

I think mail costs generally have gone through the roof. Ordering from the likes of Severin and Diabolikdvd to the UK is really expensive. I haven't ordered direct from 88 for a while due to the legendary HMV 20% code but i think their shipping within the UK is something like £2.99 just for 1 disc.

• Like 3

sifu iron perm

That's nothing  I ordered  a t-shirt from Japan and the shipping cost nearly double my purchase! 😆 🤣 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

PandaPawPaw
2 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

That's nothing  I ordered  a t-shirt from Japan and the shipping cost nearly double my purchase! 😆 🤣 

Tbf it's a cool t-shirt...................................

fEoY5T5.jpeg

:P

• Love 1

It's not 88's fault - international shipping has skyrocketed in price over the last few years (the pandemic only accelerated it) and it has also gotten less reliable (which is why you are seeing them offer even more expensive international shipping with better tracking). Eureka must be taking a sizable hit to their profits when shipping discs for free outside of the UK. 88 is a very small company, so they probably couldn't afford to keep taking losses with cheaper international shipping. To put it in perspective, eBay now has their own international shipping service that they offer to sellers that removes any risks associated with sending items to other countries (they cover any losses, etc.). I guarantee they created this program because they saw a huge drop in sellers offering international shipping, because it had gotten so expensive and so unreliable.

• Like 2

AlexanderFu

Heads up to any one interested. 

Amazon has To Kill a Mastermind for $28.37 American Dollars today, which is 6$ cheaper than yesterday. close to $10 cheaper than the 88 Films site. 

Drunksnake

Just ordered from 88 Films' site. I'm in the UK so was surprised to be able to order from there.

This is a very exciting release the extended cut of Project A will be a very welcome addition.FB_IMG_1722560119348.thumb.jpg.d2ad0882a8750a89e5f5c1cb28373c1c.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Drunksnake said:

This is a very exciting release the extended cut of Project A will be a very welcome addition.

Why is this the first I've heard about that! :o

What exactly is the extended cut made up of and it is a Japanese or Taiwanese version?

All these BD releases keep on surprising me with how much new/extra stuff we're getting to see!

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 2

Drunksnake
Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Why is this the first I've heard about that! :o

What exactly is the extended cut made up of and it is a Japanese or Taiwanese version?

All these BD releases keep on surprising me with how much new/extra stuff we're getting to see!

It's listed in the extras. Those deleted scenes with Mandarin audio that appear as extras on the Eureka blu ray have been retored and re-inserted, with the Mandarin language being the only available audio for those scenes.

Screenshot_20240809_182659_Chrome.jpg.c419e99ac9bcb57345242e0f32e03124.jpg

Edited by Drunksnake
  • Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

2 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

Just ordered from 88 Films' site. I'm in the UK so was surprised to be able to order from there.

This is a very exciting release the extended cut of Project A will be a very welcome addition.FB_IMG_1722560119348.thumb.jpg.d2ad0882a8750a89e5f5c1cb28373c1c.jpg

Maybe they have started to make it an option for buyers outside of the US. Expect high shipping charges.

• Like 1

Yggdrasil
7 minutes ago, saltysam said:

I ordered earlier,used a £5 reward voucher, £54.99, no postage charge.

I'm not surprised. For £55, I'd expect free p&p too, lol.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

AslanBey
2 hours ago, Pandaman said:

I pre-ordered mine from another site for 65$ total.

May I ask where do you live and from which site?

Is there a non-4k edition of project a? I saw it for 40 Euros on Amazon.us

Could that be an error so we can grab the 4k with the preorder price guarantee? Or is it the price for the normal bluray (if one is planmed)??

AslanBey

Magnificent Bodyguards can be preordered on amazon. Release date is in september. Why cant we preorder it on 88s website in order to combine orders to save some shipping?? While project a is already up for preorder? 

Its kinda annoying ( once again I love you 88) but this should be possible. Slowly I reach my financial limits for these releases. As someone from outside UK shipping is really expensive from 88. 

Does someone know when Mag Bodyguards is going to be on the 88 website? I fear that I miss project a when I wait for bodyguards.

Pandaman
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AslanBey said:

May I ask where do you live and from which site?

Is there a non-4k edition of project a? I saw it for 40 Euros on Amazon.us

Could that be an error so we can grab the 4k with the preorder price guarantee? Or is it the price for the normal bluray (if one is planmed)??

BrotherBelial.com

Yes, there is a non-4K release but just to tell you that you won't get the booklet and posters that comes with the discs unlike the 4K/ Blu-ray Region A .

Amazon has it for 43.99 compared to their 99$ price for the 4K/Blu-ray edition.  I would suggest getting either while you still can since they're selling out very fast.

Edited by Pandaman
I forgot to give someone added info on the 88 films Project A release
  • Like 1

Yggdrasil
3 hours ago, AslanBey said:

Magnificent Bodyguards can be preordered on amazon. Release date is in september. Why cant we preorder it on 88s website in order to combine orders to save some shipping?? While project a is already up for preorder? 

Its kinda annoying ( once again I love you 88) but this should be possible. Slowly I reach my financial limits for these releases. As someone from outside UK shipping is really expensive from 88. 

Does someone know when Mag Bodyguards is going to be on the 88 website? I fear that I miss project a when I wait for bodyguards.

Just email 88 and you'll get a very quick reply.

• Like 1

Master with OK Fingers
On 8/9/2024 at 5:36 PM, Drunksnake said:

Thanks for the info. I had pre-ordered on Amazon US and was costing me £80+shipping. Managed to save some money there

• Like 1