The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

ChillyChong
3 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

Not a big fan of Lenzi's gialli, he's better at poliziotteschi and cannibal films imo, but Orgasmo would defo be my fave of the bunch, I still have Just Tell Me on repeat every now and then. 

I had that on severins Lenzi/Baker collection but when 88 announced Knife of Ice sold box as then it left Orgasmo only I could not watch(no region free player and it was locked to A like Knife. Other 2 were region free). Best Carrol giallo I have seen is 4th victim although besides Orgasmo think there is one other I haven`t seen yet.

• Like 1

saltysam

LIMITED EDITION 4 DISC BOX SET SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Rigid Slipcase featuring new art by “Kung Fu” Bob O’Brien
- Six double-sided collectable art cards
- Double-sided foldout posters for both films
- 100-page Illustrated collectors’ book featuring Labor of Love: Jackie’s PLAN A - Worked Out by Thorsten Boose and Project A, No Plan B: A Look into how Project A I & II defined the Jackie Chan 1980s style by Paul Bramhall, PLUS Someone Will Know Me
- Double-sided artwork for both sleeves featuring new art by “Kung Fu” Bob O’Brien & original Hong Kong posters

PROJECT A SPECIAL BONUS FEATURES:
- Brand new 4K Remaster of the Hong Kong Cut [106 mins] from the Original Negatives presented in Ultra High Definition (2160p) in original 2.39:1 Aspect Ratio with Dolby Vision encoding (HDR10 Compatible)
- Brand new 4K Remaster of the Extended Taiwanese Cut [115 mins] from the Original Negatives presented in Ultra High Definition (2160p) in original 2.39:1 Aspect Ratio with Dolby Vision encoding (HDR10 Compatible)
- Cantonese & Mandarin-language options in Dolby Atmos and mono with newly translated subtitles and English Mono Dub [Mandarin Inserts during extended scenes in Taiwanese Cut]
- Audio commentary by Frank Djeng and FJ DeSanto [Hong Kong Cut]
- Solo audio commentary by Frank Djeng [Hong Kong Cut]
- Interview with Jackie Chan’s Best Stunt Double, Mars Cheung
- Dancing With Danger — Interview with Stunt God Mars
- Master Killer — Interview with Grandmaster Lee Hoi-san
- The Elusive Dragon — Interview with Yuen Biao
- The Pirates Den — Interview with Dick Wei
- Can’t Stop the Music - Interview with Composer Michael Lai
- Project Collector with Paul Dre
- Plan B — Writer Edward Tang on Project A
- Out-takes
- Japanese Version Ending
- The Making of Project A
- Lunar New Year Introduction [Mandarin with English Subtitles]
- Hong Kong Trailer
- English Trailer
- Stills Gallery

PROJECT A PART II SPECIAL BONUS FEATURES:
- Brand new 4K Remaster of the Hong Kong Cut [107 mins] from the Original Negatives presented in Ultra High Definition (2160p) in original 2.39:1 Aspect Ratio with Dolby Vision encoding (HDR10 Compatible)
- Brand new 4K Remaster of the Export Cut [98 mins] from the Original Negatives presented in Ultra High Definition (2160p) in original 2.39:1 Aspect Ratio with Dolby Vision encoding (HDR10 Compatible)
- Cantonese-language options in mono and Dolby Atmos and Mandarin mono with newly translated subtitles [Hong Kong Cut]
- English Mono Dub [Export Cut]
- Interview with Anthony Carpio
- The Big Boss — Interview with Chan Wai-Man
- Someone Will Know Me — 1988 documentary focusing on three members of the Jackie Chan Stunt Team
- Japanese Ending
- Full-Screen Jackie Chan Recording Session
- Hong Kong Trailer
- Export Trailer
- Tai Seng Trailer
- Stills Gallery

• Like 9
  • Love 3

lilmanjs

Those specs look very tasty! I'm probably one of the few who is more excited for Project A Part II than the original, but both are fantastic movies still!

• Like 3

Master with OK Fingers
5 hours ago, lilmanjs said:

Those specs look very tasty! I'm probably one of the few who is more excited for Project A Part II than the original, but both are fantastic movies still!

Me too. I am really looking forward to the Export cut in 4K with the original Dub

• Like 2

nahnahnah

Preorder available on 88 Films site

88FU026TaiChiMaster4KUHD3D.jpg?v=1722938

SPECIAL FEATURES:

Brand new 4K Remaster from the Original Negatives presented in Ultra High Definition (2160p) in original 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio
Presented in Dolby Vision High Dynamic Range (HDR10 Compatible)
High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray also included
Cantonese Mono
Optional English Subtitles
Nemesis: Interview with star Chin Siu-Ho
The Birthplace of Tai Chi: On Location in Chen Village
Twin Warriors: Director Brett Ratner and Critic Elvis 
Mitchell on stars Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh
Export Opening Credits
Theatrical Trailer
Reversible sleeve featuring new artwork by Sam Green & original poster

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, nahnahnah said:

Preorder available on 88 Films site

88FU026TaiChiMaster4KUHD3D.jpg?v=1722938

SPECIAL FEATURES:

Brand new 4K Remaster from the Original Negatives presented in Ultra High Definition (2160p) in original 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio
Presented in Dolby Vision High Dynamic Range (HDR10 Compatible)
High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray also included
Cantonese Mono
Optional English Subtitles
Nemesis: Interview with star Chin Siu-Ho
The Birthplace of Tai Chi: On Location in Chen Village
Twin Warriors: Director Brett Ratner and Critic Elvis 
Mitchell on stars Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh
Export Opening Credits
Theatrical Trailer
Reversible sleeve featuring new artwork by Sam Green & original poster

It's on!

Drunken Monk

I'm not saying I share this opinion but 88 Films need to be careful. They already got people upset with their inclusion of Bey Logan led special features in the past. Now they've got Brett Ratner, who's also had a number of sexual misconduct allegations made against him.

• Like 1

Seems to be ported over from the dragon dynasty/cine Asia release. Shame no commentary.

Pandaman
54 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I'm not saying I share this opinion but 88 Films need to be careful. They already got people upset with their inclusion of Bey Logan led special features in the past. Now they've got Brett Ratner, who's also had a number of sexual misconduct allegations made against him.

That was one of the cons about the Fist of Legend blu-ray/4KUHD edition i didn't like too much. I wished  88 would'ev gone with another direction with the special features i'm not the biggest fan of Bret Ratner.

Yggdrasil
45 minutes ago, Ramji said:

Seems to be ported over from the dragon dynasty/cine Asia release. Shame no commentary.

That's got to be a first. I'm surprised Bill and Ben haven't been included with their commentaries, although Frank Djeng would be ideal for me.

• Like 1

Killer Meteor
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

The Logan issue seemed to be that they were planning to hire him for new projects, which prompted most of their regulars to walk. This Ratner extra is an old one.

At this point they only seem to Frank Djeng left for commentary duty.

Edited by Killer Meteor
  • Like 1

AslanBey

A poster for this would be awesome. Please tell me that theres one included. Very nice artwork from green. You can hang it up in every room of your house.

tomgray2404
On 8/2/2024 at 2:58 PM, Master with OK Fingers said:

Me too. I am really looking forward to the Export cut in 4K with the original Dub

Just noticed that the Project A set is a US/ Canada release. No MAJOR issue with that as I have multi-region, but will it be getting a proper UK release?

Niklaus Vogel
7 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

The Logan issue seemed to be that they were planning to hire him for new projects, which prompted most of their regulars to walk. This Ratner extra is an old one.

At this point they only seem to Frank Djeng left for commentary duty.

Well Frank Djeng and FJ DeSantos on the Jackie Chan films.  Based on FJ's association with Jackie as a long time fan club member and having met Jackie several times, I am sure Frank will have FJ join him on the commentary for all future JC titles. 

• Like 1

Niklaus Vogel
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, tomgray2404 said:

Just noticed that the Project A set is a US/ Canada release. No MAJOR issue with that as I have multi-region, but will it be getting a proper UK release?

No because Eureka has the UK rights to PROJECT A 1 and 2 and they've already released it on Blu-Ray.

Edited by Niklaus Vogel
  • Like 1

Pandaman
3 hours ago, AslanBey said:

A poster for this would be awesome. Please tell me that theres one included. Very nice artwork from green. You can hang it up in every room of your house.

Yes, both the Blu-ray / 4K UHD will have a poster upon their limited releases slipcovers.

• Like 1

tomgray2404
8 hours ago, Niklaus Vogel said:

No because Eureka has the UK rights to PROJECT A 1 and 2 and they've already released it on Blu-Ray.

Great call. I forgot that set was Eureka, even though I own it.

AlexanderFu
6 minutes ago, AlexanderFu said:

Wow, Just went to buy To Kill a Mastermind from 88 Films & they want FIFTEEN dollars instead of 5 for shipping now? On a pretty crappy bare bone release?

Not a chance. it was fun while it lasted, but I'm done with this place & their slide in quality while the prices go up.

I'll go back to the old ways of watching a friends copy. Pathetic.

Yggdrasil
4 minutes ago, AlexanderFu said:

America. It was always $5.00 shipping. 

Wouldn't Amazon stock it? Is this order direct from Blighty or is this release multi region?

Flying to the Philippines used to be quite cheap, like £900. Now it's like £1500. Everything just costs a lot more these days.

• Like 2

sifu iron perm
On 8/1/2024 at 9:08 PM, saltysam said:

LIMITED EDITION 4 DISC BOX SET SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Rigid Slipcase featuring new art by “Kung Fu” Bob O’Brien
- Six double-sided collectable art cards
- Double-sided foldout posters for both films
- 100-page Illustrated collectors’ book featuring Labor of Love: Jackie’s PLAN A - Worked Out by Thorsten Boose and Project A, No Plan B: A Look into how Project A I & II defined the Jackie Chan 1980s style by Paul Bramhall, PLUS Someone Will Know Me
- Double-sided artwork for both sleeves featuring new art by “Kung Fu” Bob O’Brien & original Hong Kong posters

PROJECT A SPECIAL BONUS FEATURES:
- Brand new 4K Remaster of the Hong Kong Cut [106 mins] from the Original Negatives presented in Ultra High Definition (2160p) in original 2.39:1 Aspect Ratio with Dolby Vision encoding (HDR10 Compatible)
- Brand new 4K Remaster of the Extended Taiwanese Cut [115 mins] from the Original Negatives presented in Ultra High Definition (2160p) in original 2.39:1 Aspect Ratio with Dolby Vision encoding (HDR10 Compatible)
- Cantonese & Mandarin-language options in Dolby Atmos and mono with newly translated subtitles and English Mono Dub [Mandarin Inserts during extended scenes in Taiwanese Cut]
- Solo audio commentary by Frank Djeng [Hong Kong Cut]
- Interview with Jackie Chan’s Best Stunt Double, Mars Cheung
- Dancing With Danger — Interview with Stunt God Mars
- Master Killer — Interview with Grandmaster Lee Hoi-san
- The Elusive Dragon — Interview with Yuen Biao
- The Pirates Den — Interview with Dick Wei
- Can’t Stop the Music - Interview with Composer Michael Lai
- Project Collector with Paul Dre
- Plan B — Writer Edward Tang on Project A
- Out-takes
- Japanese Version Ending
- The Making of Project A
- Lunar New Year Introduction [Mandarin with English Subtitles]
- Hong Kong Trailer
- English Trailer
- Stills Gallery

PROJECT A PART II SPECIAL BONUS FEATURES:
- Brand new 4K Remaster of the Hong Kong Cut [107 mins] from the Original Negatives presented in Ultra High Definition (2160p) in original 2.39:1 Aspect Ratio with Dolby Vision encoding (HDR10 Compatible)
- Brand new 4K Remaster of the Export Cut [98 mins] from the Original Negatives presented in Ultra High Definition (2160p) in original 2.39:1 Aspect Ratio with Dolby Vision encoding (HDR10 Compatible)
- Cantonese-language options in mono and Dolby Atmos and Mandarin mono with newly translated subtitles [Hong Kong Cut]
- English Mono Dub [Export Cut]
- Interview with Anthony Carpio
- The Big Boss — Interview with Chan Wai-Man
- Someone Will Know Me — 1988 documentary focusing on three members of the Jackie Chan Stunt Team
- Japanese Ending
- Full-Screen Jackie Chan Recording Session
- Hong Kong Trailer
- Export Trailer
- Tai Seng Trailer
- Stills Gallery

Ze Price tag?

AlexanderFu
13 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Wouldn't Amazon stock it? Is this order direct from Blighty or is this release multi region?

Flying to the Philippines used to be quite cheap, like £900. Now it's like £1500. Everything just costs a lot more these days.

I don't know. I just went to the 88 Films site, where I bought like 30 or so blu rays in the past & it was $5.00 shipping, and since now it is 15$ (or 33$ for Whatever kind of 'special' shipping :lol: ) , I'll just use Amazon for now on or borrow someone's copy. It just pisses me off that they would do that, especially since I only really bought to support the releases.

Of all releases to FUBAR, it's really a shame that To Kill a Mastermind had to be one of them.