The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

lilmanjs
20 hours ago, Pandaman said:

Looking foward to this.

GTH8YsSW8AAJZa5.jpg

I can't wait for this! My favorite movie of his. I can get rid of that Black Dragon DVD someday!

• Like 1

AslanBey

Wow thats great news.

Where do you guys get those information? I just dont understand how these guys from 88 (I love them) use their website?? 

I hope (and it looks like) they are going to bring some deluxe rereleases of the early releases like Operation condor etc. Would be great for those who missed them.

sifu iron perm
Posted (edited)

Another Chan Re release? 

Edited by sifu iron perm

bickle14
44 minutes ago, AslanBey said:

Wow thats great news.

Where do you guys get those information? I just dont understand how these guys from 88 (I love them) use their website?? 

I hope (and it looks like) they are going to bring some deluxe rereleases of the early releases like Operation condor etc. Would be great for those who missed them.

The artist doing the artwork posted it, not 88.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
On 7/22/2024 at 10:27 PM, bickle14 said:

The consensus seems to be this is Miracles 4K...

IMG-1445

Sam Green's art is amazing! On a whole another level! His Batman poster is awesome!

334581333_231989359175638_5596146343618110609_n.jpg.7a50607e8d3da399ba4bf1ee157a904a.jpg

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, AslanBey said:

Wow thats great news.

The always (un)reliable DoTD posted this info yesterday.

Screenshot 2024-07-23 at 18-14-30 Dawn of The Discs (@dawnofthediscs) _ X.png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

Yihetuan
3 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

Another Chan Re release? 

yes bro, they're milking the shit out of it. Dairy Farm Milk GIF by Rex Orange County

• Haha 4

sifu iron perm
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

yes bro, they're milking the shit out of it. Dairy Farm Milk GIF by Rex Orange County

😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆  category 3 reply my brother

• Haha 3

PandaPawPaw
10 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

meet_the_parents_2.gif

• Haha 3

tomgray2404

I love UHD, but I reserve purchases for seminal movies of various genres (The Godfather, Psycho, Jaws, The Shining, Bruce Lee films, Police Story, Pulp Fiction, The Dark Knight etc. etc).

Miracles is a decent flick with good fight scenes, but the Blu-Ray should be enough for anyone.

The only other Jackie Chan UHD I'd love to get is The Drunken Master (including the original English dub).

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

AlexanderFu
On 1/20/2023 at 8:58 AM, Irongod2112 said:

88 has quite a few classic HK films coming up!! You should all be very excited!! Currently putting something magical together! :)

88 Films has done a good job the past few years, but To Kill a Mastermind is so bare bones. That was a disappointment for such a seminal release.

No one wanted to do a commentary at least for it? That poster would have been nice also. Just curious about that, not aiming any complaints at you personally :thumbsup Just wanted to be clear on that.

• Like 1

Pandaman
On 7/23/2024 at 1:50 PM, lilmanjs said:

I can't wait for this! My favorite movie of his. I can get rid of that Black Dragon DVD someday!

I;m happy it's finally getting it's due being released  on UHD 4K. I have the blu-ray from 88 films. But ill double dip getting it on 4K for the special features that will be added that wasn't in the previous blu-ray edition.

• Like 3

ChillyChong
5 hours ago, AlexanderFu said:

To Kill a Mastermind is so bare bones. That was a disappointment for such a seminal release.

No one wanted to do a commentary at least for it? That poster would have been nice also. 

Can be usual suspects are too busy, there is lots of HK movies coming out. Or maybe they wanted to cut some costs. Agree about poster it would have been lot nicer instead of cards.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
16 minutes ago, bickle14 said:

US (I assume UK too) releases coming in October.

https://mvd.cloud/300dpi/US88FB041_3D.jpg https://mvd.cloud/300dpi/US88FB040_3D.jpghttps://mvd.cloud/300dpi/US88FB037_3D.jpg

You're a bit late to the party (check out page 222 of this thread).

• Like 1

Beardys Feather
2 hours ago, bickle14 said:

Oops

Tbf you highlighted a small but key change to the Facets of Love cover art 😂

Omni Dragon
17 hours ago, KenHashibe said:

CityOnFire posted some screenshots of the new remaster of Magnificent Bodyguards, and it looks BEAUTIFUL!

First look at 88 Films’ Blu-ray release for Jackie Chan’s kung fu oddity ‘Magnificent Bodyguards’…. and yes, it will be in 3D! | cityonfire.com

From those screenshots, the picture quality definitely seems to be an improvement over the Nordic BD, that I watched last night. I've watched a few of the Lo Wei era Chan movies recently, and I was a bit surprised at how soft MB looked compared to the others. Plus other things, that are slightly debatable whether there bad but still, things like the scratches and colour fringing were a lot more noticeable.

ChillyChong

How is Legacy? Quite sure never seen it although tape was available to buy back then but likely bought something else as money was more tight decades ago.

Would be sort of epic if Bodyguard from Beijing, To Kill A mastermind, Orgasmo(Umberto Lenzi giallo I haven`t seen) are not delayed and perhaps add Legacy to that, that makes pretty big 88 package.

• Like 1

Super Ninja
18 minutes ago, ChillyChong said:

Would be sort of epic if Bodyguard from Beijing, To Kill A mastermind, Orgasmo(Umberto Lenzi giallo I haven`t seen) are not delayed and perhaps add Legacy to that, that makes pretty big 88 package.

Not a big fan of Lenzi's gialli, he's better at poliziotteschi and cannibal films imo, but Orgasmo would defo be my fave of the bunch, I still have Just Tell Me on repeat every now and then. 

• Like 2