The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

AlexanderFu

Whaaat?? To Kill A Mastermind?

Things have certainly changed from the days of the green tinted print - which I happened to really like, although the latest version floating around is beautiful.

I didn't really see in the thread, but there must be some out there that are going crazy like I am for the 4k of To Kill a Mastermind. That will be my 1st 4k purchase & I cannot think of a better 1st one. That & the Severin 8 disc clone set should be here this week. Cannot wait to have those bad boys in my hands!!!!

• Like 1

Yihetuan
23 minutes ago, AlexanderFu said:

Whaaat?? To Kill A Mastermind?

Things have certainly changed from the days of the green tinted print - which I happened to really like, although the latest version floating around is beautiful.

I didn't really see in the thread, but there must be some out there that are going crazy like I am for the 4k of To Kill a Mastermind. That will be my 1st 4k purchase & I cannot think of a better 1st one. That & the Severin 8 disc clone set should be here this week. Cannot wait to have those bad boys in my hands!!!!

Did you mean To Kill with Intrigue? Because the 88 release of To Kill a Mastermind is only 1080p HD not 4K.

• Like 2

Super Ninja

To Kill a Mastermind on blu is just unreal. This announcement is as amazing as they get, 88 really knocked it out of the park with this release. And it comes with that kickass beauty of a cover. If this is all just a dream don't wake me up. 

• Like 7

AlexanderFu
14 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Did you mean To Kill with Intrigue? Because the 88 release of To Kill a Mastermind is only 1080p HD not 4K.

Yeah, I got a little excited when I saw the To Kill a Mastermind box!

I'm still looking forward to seeing To Kill with Intrigue in the 4k setup, that will be so great. 

• Like 2

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
On 6/4/2024 at 6:20 PM, clanarchy said:

To Kill With Intrigue is up for pre-order now. I went with the 4K for this release, @KUNG FU BOB really liking the art for this one. 

Thanks, @clanarchy. :bs_smile::bs_martialgreeting:

On 6/7/2024 at 5:16 PM, Yihetuan said:

Is that @KUNG FU BOB?

Nope, not me.

On 6/7/2024 at 5:33 PM, PandaPawPaw said:

That doesn't look like his style. It looks like a Sean Longmore cover though I could be wrong.

I believe @PandaPawPawis correct. That looks like Sean Longmore's art to me too. What an exciting release!

• Like 6

Drunksnake
Posted (edited)

20240611_161627.thumb.jpg.f850c678bdcad25e44bb4ef0664bfd3f.jpgFist Of Legend 4K!20240611_145427.thumb.jpg.d47570b1def7000da56f361f3f208166.jpg

Edited by Drunksnake
  • Like 5

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
1 hour ago, Drunksnake said:

Fist Of Legend 4K!20240611_145427.thumb.jpg.d47570b1def7000da56f361f3f208166.jpg

A thing of beauty!

I'm glad to see it comes with a booklet and poster. That's a reproduction of the very cool Thai poster (I've got an original of this one).

I'm extremely excited to rewatch this one with my son in 4K. I showed it to him way back when he was around 11, but he can't remember it, so he's in for a treat.

8 minutes ago, bickle14 said:

IMG_4424.jpeg

Hmmm... what could this be? :happy Um, something special that I've personally long waited for is coming with this one. :wink

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

ChillyChong

Probably get To kill with intrigue. Sucks bit as original br looks great but love movie and korean footage sounds too tempting

• Like 1

bickle14
12 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Hmmm... what could this be? :happy Um, something special that I've personally long waited for is coming with this one. :wink

In 3-D???

• Like 2

HeavenSword
50 minutes ago, bickle14 said:

IMG_4424.jpeg

Have all of Jackie’s Lo Wei films been released? If so, I’m gonna guess and say this is “ The Challenger” 😎

ironfistedmonk
7 minutes ago, HeavenSword said:

Have all of Jackie’s Lo Wei films been released? If so, I’m gonna guess and say this is “ The Challenger” 😎

It's probably Magnificent Bodyguards...maybe in 3-D?

• Like 2

ShawAngela
53 minutes ago, ChillyChong said:

Probably get To kill with intrigue. Sucks bit as original br looks great but love movie and korean footage sounds too tempting

There is a Korean version of this one? That wasn't in the previous 88 release?

Yihetuan
52 minutes ago, ironfistedmonk said:

It's probably Magnificent Bodyguards...maybe in 3-D?

• Like 1

Yggdrasil
18 hours ago, DiP said:

The Holy Virgin Vs The Evil Dead (July 1) and An Autumn's Tale (July 15) are now listed in the "Coming Soon" section.

https://88-films.myshopify.com/products/the-holy-virgin-vs-the-evil-dead

https://88-films.myshopify.com/products/an-autumns-tale

I was hoping to have this before my shagging holiday in Phinas. Unfortunately they changed the release date from 24th June to 1st July.

• Like 1

shawolin

I still can't believe that we get the MASTERMIND from 88films...what do you think guys? Any chances for Chu Yuan's THE KILLER?

There are still some of my favorites missing...THE MASTER, LIFE GAMBLE, TIGER KILLER, REVENGE OF THE CORPSE...

• Like 1

Yihetuan
20 minutes ago, shawolin said:

I still can't believe that we get the MASTERMIND from 88films...what do you think guys? Any chances for Chu Yuan's THE KILLER?

There are still some of my favorites missing...THE MASTER, LIFE GAMBLE, TIGER KILLER, REVENGE OF THE CORPSE...

Wasn't LIFE GAMBLE recently released on one of the Shout Shaw Blu ray box sets? Or am I imaging that?

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

Wasn't LIFE GAMBLE recently released on one of the Shout Shaw Blu ray box sets? Or am I imaging that?

Yes, on Volume 3.

• Like 2

Hope it includes a viewing option in old school 3D, with included glasses. The 3D releases of wuxia films from this time are great fun to watch. Thinking Dynasty, revenge Of The Shogun Women. Shot using the same 3D system as on Bodyguards.

• Like 5

starschwar
Posted (edited)

I'm sure it will have the classic red and cyan anaglyph style.  Honestly, I'd be more surprised if it were encoded in the modern format for those 3D tvs that were being pushed as the big new thing about... 10 or so years ago?  Do they even make those anymore? 

Edited by starschwar
  • Like 2

KenHashibe

Echoing what @Knetan said, I'm really hoping I won't need a 3D-compatible TV and 3D-compatible Blu-ray player just to watch this. The Dynasty release was great; just a regular Blu-ray that came with the anaglyph glasses.

• Like 3

KenHashibe

Can't believe I didn't mention this in my first post, but the Magnificent Bodyguards cover art by @KUNG FU BOB is fantastic as always.

• Like 4