The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

shawolin
20 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

More Jasper Sharp influence coming soon. Anyone know what this clue is?

Screenshot-2024-06-04-at-20-17-48.png

IMG-1070.jpg

you know these eyes...

there can only be three options: The Master, To Kill a Mastermind or Life Gamble

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw

How come Island on Fire has been delayed again to 15th of July? Just moving things around or issue with disc contents?

• Angry 1

Drunksnake

Just had a shipping notification from 88 that Fist Of Legend UHD is on the way!

• Like 1

MobFu1972

The To Kill a Mastermind Slip Cover Art is Unbelievable!!!!! 👌👏👊🥋🐉🙏👍🐲☯️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

• Like 7

Yihetuan
11 minutes ago, MobFu1972 said:

The To Kill a Mastermind Slip Cover Art is Unbelievable!!!!! 👌👏👊🥋🐉🙏👍🐲☯️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

Is that @KUNG FU BOB?

• Like 2

shawolin
26 minutes ago, MobFu1972 said:

Screenshot_20240607_155235_Chrome.jpg

YES! I SAID IT! WOW! THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!

• Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Chemical Lemon

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!  Quite a day of SB news!  I was hoping 88 would spill some details just like they did when Shawscope vol 1 was announced 

• Like 4

PandaPawPaw
16 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Is that @KUNG FU BOB?

That doesn't look like his style. It looks like a Sean Longmore cover though I could be wrong.

• Like 3

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Chemical Lemon said:

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!  Quite a day of SB news!  I was hoping 88 would spill some details just like they did when Shawscope vol 1 was announced 

These haven't been officially announced & just the mock ups shown on mvd video's b2b site, so I think it's going to be awhile before they'll be up for pre-order which is a good thing. Between the Arrow Vol 3, Mondo's The Warrior Trilogy & The Game of Clones box set, I'm just about tapped out until next month.

edit:

the street dates have been announced for the 3 Shaw titles as Sept 10.

Edited by Yihetuan
release dates announced
  • Like 4

Yggdrasil

Well this is just bollocks now. I get an email from Amazon to say that my delivery of Holy Virgin vs Evil Dead will arrive 1st July instead of 24th June.

I go onto 88 films website to check and search for the name of the film to find it not listed. I looked in "coming soon" and the film was still not listed.

KenHashibe
Posted (edited)

I feel like To Kill A Mastermind coming to Blu-ray is a huge deal. IIRC, it hasn't been released on DVD or Blu-ray before (legally), but is still beloved by fans who have seen it. Definitely getting this one.

Edited by KenHashibe
  • Like 11

Knetan
1 hour ago, KenHashibe said:

I feel like To Kill A Mastermind coming to Blu-ray is a huge deal. IIRC, it hasn't been released on DVD or Blu-ray before (legally), but is still beloved by fans who have seen it. Definitely getting this one.

Yea, it's only been circulated in a crummy bootleg or rips from the ZiiEagle box subsequently. But never on vcd or dvd in Hong Kong.

• Like 6

ironfistedmonk
12 hours ago, MobFu1972 said:

Yeah one of the best covers I've ever seen, that alone should make everyone want to see this

• Like 6

kuenfist

To Kill a Mastermind is such a great Fu Hammer. Another one i have waited for years. So excited that 88Films bring this über Shaw on Blu Ray .... Happy happy happy ... what a year Severin Bruceploitation Box - Crippled Masters- To kill a Mastermind .... ????

• Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Knetan said:

Yea, it's only been circulated in a crummy bootleg or rips from the ZiiEagle box subsequently. But never on vcd or dvd in Hong Kong.

It's actually been available as an HD webrip for awhile now ( 4 years or so). So they must've shown it streaming on digital TV.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yihetuan
53 minutes ago, Knetan said:

The Celestial channel could've aired it too. 

Definitely possible. It sucks that they no longer required to have English subs as mandatory after the handover as many of these HD streams are only shown with Chinese subs.

Got a notification that a copy of the 2K/4K combo set of Fist of Legend has shipped.

• Like 3

clanarchy

Just got through watching the new 4K release of To Kill With Intrigue. I’ve got a new found respect for the film. Nicely shot with some great use of colours. Fights are better than I remembered too. Not bad at all. 

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1