The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Pandaman
On 4/7/2024 at 10:36 AM, DiP said:

True. Jet dropped out because his former manager was murdered by triads, who tried to get Jet to star in their movies by threatening his manager. Jet signed with Charles Heung's production company after dropping out from Crime Story.

As for Jet Li titles... I'm all for his contemporary action movies and few of his periodic ones. So I'm looking forward to Tai Chi Master, Fist of Legend, and The Bodyguard From Beijing. It's a long shot but I hope we will get releases of Born to Defence, Dragon Fight, and the fully uncut version (only available on the French DVD) of Kiss of the Dragon.

I don't know about about Born to Defence but Dragon Fight  still in the vaults of Warner's  Archive. I'm told WB doesn't have any plans to release it anytime soon not even in it's 35th anniversary.  Like the other HK Flims including the Jackie Chan flim's they have the rights to. Warner's will not take down their price knowing 88 or Eureka not only can't afford it but won't let them not taking the chance of either company outshining them.

• Angry 1

Yihetuan

So has it been verified that Tai Chi Master will be a 4K UHD release?

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
13 hours ago, Pandaman said:

I don't know about about Born to Defence but Dragon Fight  still in the vaults of Warner's  Archive. I'm told WB doesn't have any plans to release it anytime soon not even in it's 35th anniversary.  Like the other HK Flims including the Jackie Chan flim's they have the rights to. Warner's will not take down their price knowing 88 or Eureka not only can't afford it but won't let them not taking the chance of either company outshining them.

Let's see what we can do to change this situation- please sign this petition to let Warner Brothers know how much we all want those Golden Harvest titles released on Blu-ray (or even 4K):  https://www.kungfufandom.com/topic/30429-petition-for-warner-brothers-to-release-golden-harvest-titles-in-their-vault/#comment-409411

• Like 3

ironfistedmonk

Is there a delay with Fearless Hyena 2?  My Amazon pre-order was pushed back to 2025

Pandaman
5 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Let's see what we can do to change this situation- please sign this petition to let Warner Brothers know how much we all want those Golden Harvest titles released on Blu-ray (or even 4K):  https://www.kungfufandom.com/topic/30429-petition-for-warner-brothers-to-release-golden-harvest-titles-in-their-vault/#comment-409411

I've done my part doing so. I normally don't do this but it's HK Movies so why not.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Yihetuan
15 minutes ago, Pandaman said:

I've done my part doing so. I normally don't do this but it's HK Movies so why not.

Are you @PandaPawPaw's sock puppet account?:laugh

• Haha 3

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

Are you @PandaPawPaw's sock puppet account?:laugh

I've never heard that term before so I was thinking more along the lines of Sooty and Sweep (and Sue) (and yeah they ain't socks but they are puppets). :P

sooty_sweep_soo.jpg

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yggdrasil
5 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

I've never heard that term before so I was thinking more along the lines of Sooty and Sweep (and Sue) (and yeah they ain't socks but they are puppets). :P

sooty_sweep_soo.jpg

My god! Those bring back memories. I thought I knew all my childhood programmes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
6 hours ago, ironfistedmonk said:

Is there a delay with Fearless Hyena 2?  My Amazon pre-order was pushed back to 2025

I've heard that 2025 is just a placeholder. I don't know why or for how long it will be delayed.

• Like 3

thundered mantis

Sorry if this has been already clarified, but I only find FOL UHD preorder on USA based stores and not in Amazon UK nor 88 Films site.

Is it gonna be a US exclusive release? I was refraining from preorder waiting for an UK retailer to carry it, but so far no joy... 

• Confused 1

saltysam

I've got it ordered from HMV, which is UK.they don't ship abroad though.deffo a UK release as well as USA

• Like 1

Master with OK Fingers
2 hours ago, thundered mantis said:

Sorry if this has been already clarified, but I only find FOL UHD preorder on USA based stores and not in Amazon UK nor 88 Films site.

Is it gonna be a US exclusive release? I was refraining from preorder waiting for an UK retailer to carry it, but so far no joy... 

Assuming you are talking about Fist Of Legend? Please see below.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fist-Legend-Ultra-Blu-ray-Region/dp/B0CVBH8SVR/ref=sr_1_1?crid=O3XXJAE5NSN9&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.xZ2QdnPyYWQR5Tmtqzguz-lOhzPFH6sd76MwB3t85J9LTXl1vCEnpqGC4Fbcr5EOBc7hA9J5D65nsytie34xfxZsl9oBRI3mWS7vMTrgt8rvXanRTCsr2_wiRXbs00-o1N2bcRxGnLXTka1PM8KOb2JWtDLTvU8RYkKlqGKHDxI-BPuG7Mwg9OVg0DxiFbSNi0Mj2VQ1mQZm_Ck5E1_dkwTS6JVXdv9LLyn2ZLwX5mg.N81lsT1vIrvYTJ6RCyZHxrfpQRIZZrLXxNcQr1CExzQ&dib_tag=se&keywords=fist+of+legend&qid=1712909495&sprefix=fist%2Caps%2C1565&sr=8-1

• Like 1

thundered mantis

Thank you all guys. I had missed the Amazon UK link. Now I know it's also a UK release I'll wait for it to show on 88 page to use some discounts... 

AslanBey

Just checked on amazon uk whether I missed the release dates of upcoming releases.

1. Why ist it that 88 doesnt show all upcoming releases on their main homepage where one can actually buy those releases although other places already have enough information and material to offer preorders on them?? Some movies can be found on the website months before, whereas other ones cannot. (Eureka is way better considering this)

2.  I saw "Island of fire" and "to kill with intrigue" are going to be released very soon. Another liability position on my bank account...yay (Without amazon I wouldnt see those.)

3. I also saw that "to kill with intrigue" is going to have also a dvd-release

3.1 is this true?

3.2 if yes: why dont other movies get dvd releases and just tkwi??

3.3 who the hell still buys dvds???

4. Any information when "Taichi master" is going to be released?

• Like 1

starschwar

It is weird that the official store is lagging behind other retailers for listings.  I prefer to order direct from the source, especially considering how complicated a hypothetical overseas return could be when there's a middleman involved on such a niche product.

• Like 3

Pandaman
On 4/20/2024 at 5:43 PM, AslanBey said:

Just checked on amazon uk whether I missed the release dates of upcoming releases.

1. Why ist it that 88 doesnt show all upcoming releases on their main homepage where one can actually buy those releases although other places already have enough information and material to offer preorders on them?? Some movies can be found on the website months before, whereas other ones cannot. (Eureka is way better considering this)

2.  I saw "Island of fire" and "to kill with intrigue" are going to be released very soon. Another liability position on my bank account...yay (Without amazon I wouldnt see those.)

3. I also saw that "to kill with intrigue" is going to have also a dvd-release

3.1 is this true?

3.2 if yes: why dont other movies get dvd releases and just tkwi??

3.3 who the hell still buys dvds???

4. Any information when "Taichi master" is going to be released?

How long before you file for chapter 11?

lastninja

I'm with @AslanBey. Also prefer to order directly from their site.

Just saw, that they finally have Fist Of Legend in the coming soon section. For now it is marked with "sold out". Hope this is a temporary placeholder and it will be able to preorder soon.

In fact, I once asked 88 Films whether a title could be sold out before it was available for pre-order on their shop page. Unfortunately I can no longer find the email. From my memory I can only say that this was denied. They always offer the films for sale on their own site, just much later than other shops.

• Like 1

ChillyChong
On 4/23/2024 at 5:19 AM, starschwar said:

It is weird that the official store is lagging behind other retailers for listings.  I prefer to order direct from the source, especially considering how complicated a hypothetical overseas return could be when there's a middleman involved on such a niche product.

Just a guess of course I have no information but perhaps 88 and amazon&hmv etc have some kind of deal not to launch pre-orders well in advance and Eightyeight gains something. Such policy otherwise makes no sense to me.

starschwar

I hope Island of Fire gets listed soon.  Hyped to the moon for Fist of Legend, but I want to be reasonable when it comes to consolidating stuff for shipping. 

bickle14
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, starschwar said:

I hope Island of Fire gets listed soon.  Hyped to the moon for Fist of Legend, but I want to be reasonable when it comes to consolidating stuff for shipping. 

By the time it becomes available... Fists will probably be out of stock with them. At least that's been my luck... Then you'll place an order...and Oh... there it is back in stock.  I try to consolidate to ship all to US, but sometimes things go out of stock if I wait too long. Another one of the frustrations of trying to order directly with them. I wish they made things easier.

Edited by bickle14
  • Like 2

On 4/23/2024 at 7:58 PM, lastninja said:

I'm with @AslanBey. Also prefer to order directly from their site.

Just saw, that they finally have Fist Of Legend in the coming soon section. For now it is marked with "sold out". Hope this is a temporary placeholder and it will be able to preorder soon.

In fact, I once asked 88 Films whether a title could be sold out before it was available for pre-order on their shop page. Unfortunately I can no longer find the email. From my memory I can only say that this was denied. They always offer the films for sale on their own site, just much later than other shops.

Pre-orders are live now.

UHD/BD combo: https://88-films.myshopify.com/products/fist-of-legend-uhd-blu-ray

BD: https://88-films.myshopify.com/products/fist-of-legend

• Like 2