The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

starschwar

Wild baseless speculation / hopes:

1983: Fantasy Mission Force:

Consecutive 1971 and  dual 1979s:  Three-pack of Cub Tiger from Kwang Tung (released 1973, filmed 1971), Master With Cracked Fingers (Asian version, final fight at night), Snake Fist Fighter (English dub, final fight at day).   I know Signal One was allegedly doing something with this, but I don't believe it was ever officially announced and I'd rather have one of the "big three" handle it instead.  

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

bickle14
17 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Who is mrcaxxap?

Idk... it was posted as one of 88's stories.

Chemical Lemon

Given that the martial arts titles are almost guaranteed to be all Hong Kong movies, can we speculate that the erotic movies are also from Hong Kong? If so, do the 70s movies suggest these are Shaw brothers? I’m trying to think if golden harvest had any early 70s erotic movies.

Chemical Lemon

I kind of hope not, although it would be exciting because that would probably mean some of the martial arts movies were also Shaw Brothers. But having sat through all the Shaw brothers erotic movies that they put on DVD and VCD, I can’t remember any that actually stood out as good, they were all pretty difficult to get through. 

The only ones that would seem worth releasing, would be the intimate confessions of a Chinese Cortessan and the remake, and maybe the golden Lotus( I think), because it has Jackie Chan, and they are kind of scraping the bottom of the Jackie Chan barrel right now. I feel like intimate confessions, would likely be put under the martial arts category, though.

Killer Meteor
1 hour ago, Chemical Lemon said:

I’m trying to think if golden harvest had any early 70s erotic movies.

All in the Family?

41 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Project A 4k delayed until July

Really? That kind of sucks, I was starting to look forward to receiving it next month. Oh well, hopefully the delay means they're working on making it a better release (any ideas as to what the additional bonus features might be?).

Drunken Monk

I’m pretty sure I know the 1982 martial arts title and it‘s going to blow your minds. If what I’ve been told is true, of course. It was from a very good source.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I’m pretty sure I know the 1982 martial arts title and it‘s going to blow your minds. If what I’ve been told is true, of course. It was from a very good source.

Someone mentioned Legend of a Fighter but I've heard that for a while now. The other one was Kung Fu Beyond the Grave LOL

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 2

Chemical Lemon
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

Someone mentioned Legend of a Fighter but I've heard that for a while now. The other one was Kung Fu Beyond the Grave LOL

Either one of those would be amazing. I can’t remember which one of kung fu zombie and kung fu from beyond the grave I really like. But it would be amazing to get either of them. Especially with the complete lack of hd Billy Chong. 

Legend of a fighter would obviously be amazing. I’m really hoping this will be a good year for Yuen woo ping

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

starschwar
5 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Lots of possibilities.  Legendary Weapons of China. Shaolin Temple.  Five Element Ninjas.  But there is one true masterpiece from that year. 

• Haha 3

ChillyChong
Posted (edited)

Ninja in dragons den would fit 1982. As missed pre-order of german BR would love to see 88 treatment.

Edit; Or it can be Shaolin Temple as 88 been releasing Jet Li stuff quite fair amount.

Edited by ChillyChong
  • Like 3

starschwar
33 minutes ago, ChillyChong said:

Ninja in dragons den would fit 1982. As missed pre-order of german BR would love to see 88 treatment.

That's one I've been meaning to get to for a long time.  One of the best titles for a martial arts movie if nothing else.

• Like 3

De Ming Li

That list looks amazing, there has got to be some classics in amongst them. Unfortunately for me, after many years of buying pretty much all major releases on martial arts and other Asian films from major English language labels as well as ones based in HK/Taiwan I am finally running out of space and the cost is adding up and catching up with me. I will no longer be able to buy new physical media releases of these films for the forseeable future. For the last 8 years it has been a super exciting time and I thoroughly enjoyed 99% of my purchases, the artwork and extras on these releases have been amazing for the most part. I will still likely buy some true classics like the upcoming 88 Films Fist of Legend and the Shawscope volume three set from Arrow, and I have my pre-orders in already for items up to the end of May. But after that, there will be a long drought of physical media purchases from me.

Everyone else though, happy buying!

• Like 5
  • Sad 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1

lastninja
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

13 hours ago, ChillyChong said:

Edit; Or it can be Shaolin Temple as 88 been releasing Jet Li stuff quite fair amount.

I thought exactly the same thing too (Ninja In The Dragons Den).

In general, some of the years fit seasonal films. For example "Dance Of The Drunk Mantis" and "The Butterfly Murders" which were both made 1979.

Edited by lastninja
  • Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

starschwar
22 minutes ago, lastninja said:

I thought exactly the same thing too (Ninja In The Dragons Den).

In general, some of the years fit seasonal films. For example "Dance Of The Drunk Mantis" and "The Butterfly Murders" which were both made 1979.

Drunk Mantis would be a gem!  I'd be surprised if Eureka hadn't gotten the rights first, what with having put out a pretty great Drunken Master 1 release. 

• Like 4

Red Lion

Miracle fighters was 82. Im sure someone eluded to miracle fighters maybe getting a boxset with sequels so probably wont be it. Would be cool though.

• Like 2

Yggdrasil
47 minutes ago, Red Lion said:

Miracle fighters was 82. Im sure someone eluded to miracle fighters maybe getting a boxset with sequels so probably wont be it. Would be cool though.

Much like Eureka did with the Mr Vampire series. It would be great to have all 4 films in one set.

• Like 4

Graeme Of Death

Watched 88 Films Magic Cop. It's just garbage all round. Not the best transfer, film's terrible and there's some disgusting animal cruelty thrown in as well. Not Lam Ching Ying's finest hour. 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2024 at 11:27 AM, De Ming Li said:

I am finally running out of space

Same here, actually I have completely run out of space.

• Haha 1

ChillyChong
53 minutes ago, thekfc said:

Same here, actually I have completely run out of space.

If that really is problem i pay shipping maybe if you send me.but only kung fu and  horror.

No, seriously if run out of space sell or donate items you do not really want to watch again.i have shaw movies hate but shelf space not issue now.