The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

8 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

@DiP it's good to see that you're finally warming up to Donnie Yen and his films a bit. :laugh

This was also posted on 88 Films Instagram last night (and I know that the cover art is already in the can)...

Screenshot_20231221-081015_Instagram.jpg

Well, there goes my New Year's resolution of spending less money on movies :yociexp108:

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

@DiP it's good to see that you're finally warming up to Donnie Yen and his films a bit. :laugh

This was also posted on 88 Films Instagram last night (and I know that the cover art is already in the can)...

Screenshot_20231221-081015_Instagram.jpg

I can think of two of his earlier films that I'd like to see, but probably 1% chance.

8 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

I can think of two of his earlier films that I'd like to see, but probably 1% chance.

One of them will most likely get a HK bluray release by Panorama seeing how they have released several of Joy Sales' unremastered titles before. It's only a matter of time.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

1 hour ago, DiP said:

One of them will most likely get a HK bluray release by Panorama seeing how they have released several of Joy Sales' unremastered titles before. It's only a matter of time.

No guesses, fellas? :)

26 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

No guesses, fellas? :)

I heard from a good source that it's Mismatched Couples? Is my source still reliable?

• Love 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Nguesses, fellas:)

Drunken Tai Chi? Mismatched Couples? Holy Virgin Vs The Evil Dead? Crystal Hunt? Cheetah on Fire? Dragon Inn? Butterfly & Sword? Heroes Among Heroes? Wing Chun? High Voltage? Legend of the Wolf? Shanghai Affairs? 😜

Edited by DiP
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

New release of Dragon Fist? Magnificent Bodyguards? Fearless Hyena2 is pretty much Confirmed..I guess uncut Island of fire there is very little to none hope. Hell, dragon fist new scan I am happy with it.

• Like 1

Those ambiguous answers regarding Chow Yun Fat and John Woo are giving me all kinds of mixed feelings.  I understand that they can't outright say some things in advance, but the non-denials can be frustrating. 

1 hour ago, AslanBey said:

Does anybody know whether they ship to europe?

They do. Shipping to Germany for my pre-order is USD 25.6

Edited by pachito23
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, pachito23 said:

They do. Shipping to Germany for my pre-order is USD 25.6

Just the shipping 25.6?? or the whole order?? 😂

Edit: shhhiiii.... 100$ just for project A....

Edited by AslanBey

@KUNG FU BOB honestly... what a nice artwork for the project a release. The single covers for both movies are very very nice. Extremely inviting for warching the movies.

The big one with the 10 jackies is also good, but the background could be more colour- or "actionful". My 5 cents...

Heavily excited for this release.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

16 hours ago, DiP said:

Drunken Tai Chi? Mismatched Couples? Holy Virgin Vs The Evil Dead? Crystal Hunt? Cheetah on Fire? Dragon Inn? Butterfly & Sword? Heroes Among Heroes? Wing Chun? High Voltage? Legend of the Wolf? Shanghai Affairs? 😜

1 & 3

• Like 1

• Administrator
2 hours ago, AslanBey said:

@KUNG FU BOB honestly... what a nice artwork for the project a release. The single covers for both movies are very very nice. Extremely inviting for warching the movies.

The big one with the 10 jackies is also good, but the background could be more colour- or "actionful". My 5 cents...

Heavily excited for this release.

Thanks for the kind words and constructive feedback. :bigsmile::bs_martialgreeting:

This set has been in the works for a long time and the team put a tremendous amount of work into making it as cool as the movies themselves. I can't wait to get this and finally show these two movies to my son. :nerd:

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 3

4 hours ago, AslanBey said:

Just the shipping 25.6?? or the whole order?? 😂

Edit: shhhiiii.... 100$ just for project A....

I pre-ordered 3 items. The shipping is for all 3.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ChillyChong said:

New release of Dragon Fist? Magnificent Bodyguards? Fearless Hyena2 is pretty much Confirmed..I guess uncut Island of fire there is very little to none hope. Hell, dragon fist new scan I am happy with it.

Magnificent Bodyguards would be ok. Not the best of Jackie‘s movies but so far there are only crappy releases (German & Japanese BD as well as French DVD really suck). The Taiwanese cut of Island of Fire deserves an upgrade but also Rumble in the Bronx and First Strike. 

Edited by pachito23
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Thanks for the kind words and constructive feedback. :bigsmile::bs_martialgreeting:

This set has been in the works for a long time and the team put a tremendous amount of work into making it as cool as the movies themselves. I can't wait to get this and finally show these two movies to my son. :nerd:

First time watch project A for your son???? I would pay for it...

• Administrator
On 12/21/2023 at 9:19 PM, Yihetuan said:

I heard from a good source that it's Mismatched Couples? Is my source still reliable?

On 12/21/2023 at 9:31 PM, DiP said:

On 12/21/2023 at 9:32 PM, ChillyChong said:

There are some facts among those guesses, which is all I can say about it for now. :wink:

On 12/22/2023 at 2:02 AM, starschwar said:

Those ambiguous answers regarding Chow Yun Fat and John Woo are giving me all kinds of mixed feelings.  I understand that they can't outright say some things in advance, but the non-denials can be frustrating. 

I understand your pain. :09:

This is going to be an amazing year for Hong Kong stuff from 88 Films. AMAZING!

10 hours ago, AslanBey said:

First time watch project A for your son???? I would pay for it...

Yup. He wasn't really into Hong Kong cinema until the last 5-10 years (he's 29), but now has a big appreciation for what he's seen. He loves THE KILLER, HARDBOILED, and the JC classics he's seen, and I got him the Criterion Wong Kar-Wai set for his birthday and he watched and enjoyed every bit of it. I also introduced him to Korean and Japanese cinema and he's been borrowing and watching loads of stuff. Fortunately, he's a serious cinephile, but not a pretentious one. He was as enthusiastic about THE BOXER'S OMEN as he was about Kurosawa's STRAY DOG, appreciating each for their merits within their genre and time period. So viewing the PROJECT A films with him will be a joy. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

He loves THE KILLER, HARDBOILED, and the JC classics he's seen, and I got him the Criterion Wong Kar-Wai set for his birthday and he watched and enjoyed every bit of it.

And the Dad of the Year award goes to... @KUNG FU BOB

Would you consider adopting me? :laugh

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

I would totally be Down for a Seasonal Films Boxset:

LEGEND OF A FIGHTER

NINJA IN THE DRAGONS DEN 🐉 

SECRET RIVALS 1 & 2

CALL ME DRAGON

TWO FOR THE ROAD

2 FISTS AGAINST THE LAW

No Retreat No Surrender Trilogy 

Or single releases would be ok as well.......

Come on 88 Films..... Make this happen 🙏🐉👍🥋👊💯‼️‼️

Edited by MobFu1972
Spelling error
  • Like 16
  • Love 3

thundered mantis
21 hours ago, MobFu1972 said:

LEGEND OF A FIGHTER

SECRET RIVALS 1 & 2

CALL ME DRAGON

TWO FOR THE ROAD

2 FISTS AGAINST THE LAW

No Retreat Bo Surrender Trilogy 

Now we are talking seriously... Will never lose faith

Edited by thundered mantis
  • Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

2 hours ago, AslanBey said:

Can we please have some deluxe editions with kungfubob artwork for the jet li classics please... thx

As a matter of fact....... Make all of the next Editions with Exclusive Kung Fu Bob Artwork Please...... 88 you can make it happen 🙏👊🥋👍🐉🔥🐲💯‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ironfistedmonk
On 12/23/2023 at 11:29 PM, MobFu1972 said:

LEGEND OF A FIGHTER

SECRET RIVALS 1 & 2

CALL ME DRAGON

TWO FOR THE ROAD

2 FISTS AGAINST THE LAW

No Retreat Bo Surrender Trilogy 

A Man of Taste, would love Two on the Road and 2 Fists Against the Law to see the light of day

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1