The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

On 12/15/2023 at 5:58 AM, Master with OK Fingers said:

Anyone know if PA2 will have the original Eng Dub? 🙏 It only had the new dub on the Eureka release and is absolutely terrible.

This. Please 88 include the classic English dub with Part 2. The new dub is awful!! and really takes away from watching it.

• Like 1

Beyond excited for this new release. To me, a new 4K remaster was enough to make this a day one purchase. I never liked the color grade on the Eureka Blu-ray, and the newer 4K remasters have spectacular. Getting the Taiwanese cut in 4K makes this another ultimate release for 88. Looking forward to the full specs list.

I'm curious; I've only seen the Taiwanese deleted scenes in Mandarin but the specs only list a Cantonese option. Has the Cantonese dialogue for Taiwanese cut been found? Or will it revert to Mandarin for those scenes? If the Cantonese audio hasn't been found, I think Cantonese w/ Mandarin for those scenes would work, but I'd also like to see a Mandarin option, since the voice changes might be distracting.

Also, since we'll be seeing the Project A deleted scenes in 4k, I'm wondering if the deleted Project A 2 scenes have been found. This is totally wishful thinking, and I'm highly doubting it, but just putting it out there. I'll take low quality versions of them too.

On 12/14/2023 at 1:45 PM, starschwar said:

Will there be a standard Blu-Ray release?  The Taiwan cut is intriguing, but not "buy a new player" intriguing.

I'm on the same page as you. I would need to get a 4K player and 4K TV to actually start buying 4K UHD's, and I do not have the money to do so right now. I'm sure there will be a Blu-ray. 88 is still putting out DVD's for some releases.

On 12/14/2023 at 3:44 PM, actionfan93 said:

I have never heard of Taiwan Cut is that for Project A or Project A2 and if for project A what are the added scenes that make the run time?

Here's the extra scenes for the Taiwanese cut of Project A:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KenHashibe said:

Beyond excited for this new release. To me, a new 4K remaster was enough to make this a day one purchase. I never liked the color grade on the Eureka Blu-ray, and the newer 4K remasters have spectacular. Getting the Taiwanese cut in 4K makes this another ultimate release for 88. Looking forward to the full specs list.

I'm curious; I've only seen the Taiwanese deleted scenes in Mandarin but the specs only list a Cantonese option. Has the Cantonese dialogue for Taiwanese cut been found? Or will it revert to Mandarin for those scenes? If the Cantonese audio hasn't been found, I think Cantonese w/ Mandarin for those scenes would work, but I'd also like to see a Mandarin option, since the voice changes might be distracting.

Also, since we'll be seeing the Project A deleted scenes in 4k, I'm wondering if the deleted Project A 2 scenes have been found. This is totally wishful thinking, and I'm highly doubting it, but just putting it out there. I'll take low quality versions of them too.

I'm on the same page as you. I would need to get a 4K player and 4K TV to actually start buying 4K UHD's, and I do not have the money to do so right now. I'm sure there will be a Blu-ray. 88 is still putting out DVD's for some releases.

Here's the extra scenes for the Taiwanese cut of Project A:

were these included in the film or just deleted scenes as shown?

Edited by actionfan93

11 minutes ago, actionfan93 said:

were these included in the film or just deleted scenes as shown?

If I remember correctly, they were just deleted scenes in the special features on the Eureka Blu-ray. However, they were in standard definition. The new 88 release will have the option to watch the movie with these scenes added back in, and in 4K.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KenHashibe said:

If I remember correctly, they were just deleted scenes in the special features on the Eureka Blu-ray. However, they were in standard definition. The new 88 release will have the option to watch the movie with these scenes added back in, and in 4K.

thanks for the info much appreciated

The Project A collection will probably be the Early release of 2024 for me. Much Thanks to 88 Films for using Kung Fu Bob Artwork and smacking it all over this release - Slip Box, Both Cases and the Booklet Art! Stunning  work as always Mr. Bob🥋👊‼️ I may start collecting only Boutique labels in 2024 and saving catalog releases for streaming only. I have been scaling back on Physical Media in general. I will be dumping 25% of my collection and only concentrate on Boutique labels moving forward  👍🔥🐉🥋👊🐲💯‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

9 minutes ago, nahnahnah said:

b2RmNf9.png

P5WU8hx.png

4zp7TRb.png

Perfect, nobody is expecting Hard Boiled, Full Contact, Prison on fire 1&2 Killer as rights are in limbo but 88 has gotten them free. Warner has released Dragon Fight and First Strike for 88 then we get taiwanese version of Island Of Fire+ Fong Say Yuk double feature and Bodyguard from Beijing.

Well can always dream...

• Like 3

I saw that there is a 4K UHD bluray release of Project A boxset from 88, together with a bluray release, but it seems that there is a book in the former that won't be in the latter, from what I read.

I know that maybe I already asked for this, but as I'm not really interested in the technological specifities of the releases, I'm still wondering if I can play 4K UHD blu rays with my external blu ray player, using either the LEawo player or the Cyberlink POwer DVD/Bluray player. Does any of you have any advice regarding this matter, please ?

29 minutes ago, nahnahnah said:

b2RmNf9.png

P5WU8hx.png

4zp7TRb.png

AbMrRMw.png

xGNMafR.png

sKAcxdT.png

Wow, Wow, wow ! 5 Jet Li and 4 Jackie !! Great !

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer
3 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I'm still wondering if I can play 4K UHD blu rays with my external blu ray player, using either the LEawo player or the Cyberlink POwer DVD/Bluray player. Does any of you have any advice regarding this matter, please ?

To play 4K UHD Blu-rays you'll need a 4K UHD Blu-ray player, they won't play in a standard DVD/Blu-ray player.

• Like 2

Is project A taiwanese cut (roughly) same as version like in HKL dvd plus extra material in Eureka! Br added? It is among my fav chan movie but just recently learned there is more footage than in hkl edtition...

2 minutes ago, HeavenSword said:

I’m gonna guess the titles are Project S - Supercop 2 and Butterfly & Sword . 

IMG_4227.png

very interesting i wonder if they have any moon lee or Yukari Oshima releases coming to follow up their ITLOD box set

Ohh yes, this is gonna be amazing. I'm so glad Bob got to do the fantastic art for this set. Really captures the feeling of the movies so well! Pre-ordered it once I saw that facebook post about it being live. April can't come soon enough!

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

6 minutes ago, actionfan93 said:

very interesting i wonder if they have any moon lee or Yukari Oshima releases coming to follow up their ITLOD box set

Yea I gotta say, while I like Michelle, I do hope we get a few films from Moon Lee , Yukari and Cynthia Khan in the future. My favorite is Cynthia, but Moon Lee just might be the queen of stunts in the girls with guns genre, she did some crazy shit! 

I really hope the rest of the In The Line Of Duty series get released. I watched part 5 awhile back and Cynthia Khan arguably does the most scariest / dangerous stunt in the whole series by hanging off that building ! 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, HeavenSword said:

Yea I gotta say, while I like Michelle, I do hope we get a few films from Moon Lee , Yukari and Cynthia Khan in the future. My favorite is Cynthia, but Moon Lee just might be the queen of stunts in the girls with guns genre, she did some crazy shit! 

I really hope the rest of the In The Line Of Duty series get released. I watched part 5 awhile back and Cynthia Khan arguably does the most scariest / dangerous stunt in the whole series by hanging off that building ! 

There's only 7 films in the series right? And a couple of unrelated trash ones that got called part of the series in some regions? Or am I not remembering correctly?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lilmanjs said:

There's only 7 films in the series right? And a couple of unrelated trash ones that got called part of the series in some regions? Or am I not remembering correctly?

Yea after 4 it’s 

ITLOD 5 : Middle Man

ITLOD6:  Forbidden Arsenal 

ITLOD 7:  Sea Wolves

then to make things more confusing there’s Yes Madam : A Serious Shock with Moon , Cynthia and Yukari (1993) , Yes Madam 5 (1995) and then last one , Yes Madam 6 in 1996. …….unfortunately, the budgets got a bit lower in the later ITLOD films , but there is still some great action . 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, HeavenSword said:

Yea after 4 it’s 

ITLOD 5 : Middle Man

ITLOD6:  Forbidden Arsenal 

ITLOD 7:  Sea Wolves

then to make things more confusing there’s Yes Madam : A Serious Shock with Moon , Cynthia and Yukari (1993) , Yes Madam 5 (1995) and then last one , Yes Madam 6 in 1996. …….unfortunately, the budgets got a bit lower in the later ITLOD films , but there is still some great action . 

I've seen the 6th movie, and portions of 5 and 7, so I would totally buy them because the action still looks very insane in those 3. Plus who doesn't want a Simon Yam movie?

• Like 4

The Inspector Wears Skirts 2 (1989)

https://shop.terracottadistribution.com/en-de/products/the-inspector-wears-skirts-2-blu-ray-limited-edition-blu-ray

***Pre-order for release on 11 MAR 2024. Payment taken at checkout, order shipped closer to release date. If your order contains this title (or other pre-orders) then please note all orders are shipped out in one go, once all titles are available (we don't part-ship)***

Special Features:

2K Remaster from the Original Negatives presented in High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray in 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio

Original Cantonese Mono with English Subtitles

English Mono Dub

Audio Commentary by Frank Djeng

Leading the Top Squad - An Interview with Director Wellson Chin

An Interview With Stuntman Go Shut Fung

Hong Kong Trailer

• Like 1

• Administrator
2 hours ago, DiP said:

Great to hear! And more Donnie Yen would be good too.

@DiP it's good to see that you're finally warming up to Donnie Yen and his films a bit. :laugh

This was also posted on 88 Films Instagram last night (and I know that the cover art is already in the can)...

Screenshot_20231221-081015_Instagram.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Buddha Bless You 2