The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

4 minutes ago, BigDruDogg said:

That's pretty weak of them though...:wondering

I see their reasons though..Someone who has stacked points could grab bunch of sale priced movies without using a dime at checkout..Hopefully Inspector wear skirts is on schedule that would be nice double88 feature with Last hero for near future.

I grabbed Righting Wrongs while it was discounted.  I've never seen it before and intend to watch the Ultimate Cut.  Which ending (titles only, no spoilers please) - do you all feel is most appropriate for the movie?  Is one considered by the film makers to be more representative of their vision to the best of available knowledge? 

Graeme Of Death

Anyone got the 88 films release of Twin Dragons? Was looking at a review on bluray.com and the picture quality gets slated quite a bit.

1 hour ago, Graeme Of Death said:

Anyone got the 88 films release of Twin Dragons? Was looking at a review on bluray.com and the picture quality gets slated quite a bit.

That guy literally hates everything and is a terrible reviewer with the worst takes!! Twin Dragons looks and sounds great, it's definitely the best you're gonna get considering 88 Films was not allowed to do a new scan. They did an amazing job with what they had to work with! If you like the film I doubt you'll be disappointed in this release. :)

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

1 hour ago, Graeme Of Death said:

Not my caps but gives you an idea of how the UK release looks. :)

1.thumb.jpg.35ee916d9d6c17b332269a89e1b59a44.jpg2.thumb.jpg.24860974454b91da8811a47468bade1b.jpg3.thumb.jpg.2b4988c22b8b63247eb00b69f0077705.jpg4.thumb.jpg.6e68f68db1960b528fe7802726fd8b38.jpg5.thumb.jpg.fd3acb9656820363f523c9031fffabdd.jpg6.thumb.jpg.70b98b5772ec6f11646b299b57c292e6.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Graeme Of Death said:

3 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

That guy literally hates everything and is a terrible reviewer with the worst takes!! Twin Dragons looks and sounds great, it's definitely the best you're gonna get considering 88 Films was not allowed to do a new scan. They did an amazing job with what they had to work with! If you like the film I doubt you'll be disappointed in this release. :)

Here's an example of how (un)reliable he is as a reviewer...

"Twin Dragons is a lot like The Hard Way. It is silly, fast, and very, very loose in that most special way only films that emerged during the 1980s can be. Of course, Twin Dragons and The Hard Way emerged during the early 1990s." (Reviewed by Dr. Svet Atanasov from bluray.com)

He emphatically states something, then completely contradicts it a few words later. :neutral:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

88 should grab some classic Chow Yun-Fat titles. I'd gave everything for nice Bluray of ALL ABOUT AH LONG or AN AUTUMN'S TALE.

STORY OF WOO VIET needs also a decent release...

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Chemical Lemon
1 hour ago, Graysman said:

IMG_1313.thumb.jpeg.67f5bcf137ac9d8f2b2480a25af67510.jpegThe Blue Jean monster 

IMG_1312.jpeg

IMG_1311.jpeg

Oh god that poster is so great!

I also loved the new artwork for this one 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

day 1 purchase for me I love Project A

Isn't this already released by Eureka? Pointless to own it again.

15 hours ago, bickle14 said:

image.png.79f506b8b41217f84fb7d338f877492c.png

This one is gonna have a brand new Cantonese Dolby Atmos track using all original effects plus something VERY special I can't talk about. ;)

Trust me it will definitely be worth buying even if you have the excellent Eureka release which I also worked on. :)

• Like 11
  • Love 2

thundered mantis
18 hours ago, bickle14 said:

image.png.79f506b8b41217f84fb7d338f877492c.png

On 11/26/2023 at 5:25 PM, ChillyChong said:

Instant purchase for me also, as I arrived late to the limited Eureka edition party and I refrained from buying the standard edition. 

Pity is not a new remaster, will it be by chance region free? I know free BD players are the way to go nowadays, but anywalockquote widget

Edited by thundered mantis

22 hours ago, Graysman said:

The inspector wears skirts(Top squad)

IMG_1316.jpeg

IMG_1315.jpeg

IMG_1314.jpeg

Does Jackie have a cameo in this movie? And is he producer or sth?

6 hours ago, MobFu1972 said:

That should be the 4K 🙏🥋🐲👊👊🔥💯‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

Deluxe 88 treatment I hope. Day -10 purchase for me

4 minutes ago, thundered mantis said:

Pity is not a new remaster, will it be by chance region free? I know free BD players are the way to go nowadays, but anywalockquote widget

Usa exclusive...I didnt read that... sh... when it is 4K, it will be region free I hope.

thundered mantis
Just now, AslanBey said:

Usa exclusive...I didnt read that... sh... when it is 4K, it will be region free I hope.

But it's not 4K my friend. It's the same remaster that Eureka used years ago, with a better audio track and at least a juicy extra/very special thing that may be worth the price of admission alone, according to our man @Irongod2112. Plus I bet some more extras and excellent packaging 88 Films has us accustomed to. Hence my desire of it being free region... 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, thundered mantis said:

But it's not 4K my friend. It's the same remaster that Eureka used years ago, with a better audio track and at least a juicy extra/very special thing that may be worth the price of admission alone, according to our man @Irongod2112. Plus I bet some more extras and excellent packaging 88 Films has us accustomed to. Hence my desire of it being free region... 

I didn't say it wasn't a 4K release or the same master. :)

• Like 9
  • Buddha Bless You 1

One Armed Boxer
14 hours ago, AslanBey said:

Does Jackie have a cameo in this movie? And is he producer or sth?

No to a cameo, yes to producer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

hoping a 4K of project a is coming definitely a day one purchase

thundered mantis
20 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Oh boy oh boy THIS IS CHRISTMAS NEWS. Drooling right now. 

On 12/6/2023 at 12:39 AM, Irongod2112 said:

This one is gonna have a brand new Cantonese Dolby Atmos track using all original effects plus something VERY special I can't talk about. ;)

Trust me it will definitely be worth buying even if you have the excellent Eureka release which I also worked on. :)

Will there be a Atmos track for the second film?