The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Darth Kermit
On 6/20/2023 at 2:06 PM, Drunksnake said:

Guesses?Screenshot_20230620_193759_Instagram.thumb.jpg.cb2f64dcd5bc7c3ca7cb6d0b1e580416.jpg

My guess is Miracles. Out of Jackie’s films, it’s the only other one restored in 4K afaik. Could be a different GH title though. I am praying that their eventual Project A films region A release is 4K, but that would require new restorations, as the region B Eureka release were 2K restorations.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I often see the words "afaik" and "iirc " on this forum.

What does it mean, please ?

AFAIK stands for "as far as I know", and IIRC is "if I recall correctly. Hope this helps!

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

6 hours ago, Darth Kermit said:

My guess is Miracles. Out of Jackie’s films, it’s the only other one restored in 4K afaik. Could be a different GH title though. I am praying that their eventual Project A films region A release is 4K, but that would require new restorations, as the region B Eureka release were 2K restorations.

If true that would be interesting considering that it is going up on Criterion Channel for streaming next month.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jizzmaster Jerry said:

IIRC means a category II rating for RC car(s) being shown in the film.  

What category are these?

I can guess what a Category III RC car does, but I'd rather not see that right now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KenHashibe said:

AFAIK stands for "as far as I know", and IIRC is "if I recall correctly. Hope this helps!

Thanks  ! As a foreigner, it's sometimes difficult for me to understand what I read when people use such abbreviations.

• Like 1

Darth Kermit
7 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I often see the words "afaik" and "iirc " on this forum.

What does it mean, please ?

My apologies. I'll try to avoid abbreviations on here for those outside the US and UK (and Australia, but that place isn't even real) and whose primary language isn't English

• Buddha Bless You 1

One Armed Boxer
40 minutes ago, Darth Kermit said:

(and Australia, but that place isn't even real)

That explains that inescapable strange feeling I carry around with me every day.

@Asmo and @De Ming Li, I know you guys feel it too.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

Thanks  ! As a foreigner, it's sometimes difficult for me to understand what I read when people use such abbreviations.

It's probably in the small minority. I just find it lazy not to write out the full sentence. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

That explains that inescapable strange feeling I carry around with me every day.

@Asmo and @De Ming Li, I know you guys feel it too.

Do you also have that feeling like we're being watched? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
3 hours ago, Asmo said:

Do you also have that feeling like we're being watched? 

I wasn't watching you. :shaking I was just holding these binoculars for a friend. :itwasntme

Regarding 88 Films upcoming 4K release, I can only say this: it's awesome!

• Like 15

There was talk last year about 88/Eureka releasing the Best of the Martial arts documentary as an extra on an upcoming title, has there been any more info. on this?

1 hour ago, Graysman said:

The Untold Story by 88 films 

what a fantastic release by 88 films and as usual fantastic artwork by our @KUNG FU BOB Buddha bless you 

IMG_0937.jpeg

Bollocks! I forgot all about that! Well, happy 51st for me then. Just ordered it. 

Any idea if Untold Story 2 will get the same treatment?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Bollocks! I forgot all about that! Well, happy 51st for me then. Just ordered it. 

I hope so too and congrats 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yggdrasil said:

If anything, I think Untold Story 2 needs to be on vol 2 of that Made in HK Horror anthology put out by VS or a title Massacre or Unearthed might tackle but I don't see 88 doing it. Eureka doesn't seem to want to touch anything CAT III.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

If anything, I think Untold Story 2 needs to be on vol 2 of that Made in HK Horror anthology put out by VS or a title Massacre or Unearthed might tackle but I don't see 88 doing it. Eureka doesn't seem to want to touch anything CAT III.

Think I'll have to buy that Made in HK. Cheers @Yihetuan

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Think I'll have to buy that Made in HK. Cheers @Yihetuan

just so you know the movies on there are pretty crap. Watch once & forget. I don't think I'll ever revisit those movies again. But I bought it just to support future releases & because I'm a sucker for anything Anthony Wong.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

@Yggdrasili can really go for a saveloy about now. :evilgrin

Just ask your chippy to deep fry a jumbo sausage and sell it as a battered sausage. 

Trust me, you'll love it and they'll make a killing..

Or try a deep fried mars bar.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Just ask your chippy to deep fry a jumbo sausage and sell it as a battered sausage. 

Trust me, you'll love it and they'll make a killing..

Or try a deep fried mars bar.

As long as it's not a hot dog because nobody, I mean nobody puts ketchup on a hot dog!

• Haha 4

Darth Kermit
On 6/25/2023 at 8:36 AM, KUNG FU BOB said:

Regarding 88 Films upcoming 4K release, I can only say this: it's awesome!

I bet it's a Miracles re release, which I would love as it is Jackie's most technically accomplished film and my second favorite of his directorial outings. However as some have expressed here, I would also love them to do a 4K of the Project A's for their supposed eventual region a release of them. That would require new restorations though, as Eureka release was sourced from a 2K scan.

• Like 2