The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Darth Kermit
1 hour ago, actionfan93 said:

are not most of the girls with guns out there in HD such as Princess Madam,Angel 1-3,Killer Angels,Devil Hunters,Angel Terminators 1 and 2 does it not come down to securing the rights for those for a release to happen or am I wrong and some on the list are yet to be restored I think most of the well known girls with guns have had restorations its the lesser known ones such as Mission of Condor,Angel Force,Beauty Investigator and such that have not yet had restoration no idea who holds these

All I know is that Irongod teased Eureka is working on at least 1 girls with guns, and it's one of his alltime favorites. I'm hoping it's She Shoots Straight. And I do hope we see more in the future. Would love a Iron Angels boxset

• Like 6

actionfan93
4 minutes ago, Darth Kermit said:

All I know is that Irongod teased Eureka is working on at least 1 girls with guns, and it's one of his alltime favorites. I'm hoping it's She Shoots Straight. And I do hope we see more in the future. Would love a Iron Angels boxset

88 asked on Facebook when the Itlod box set was finished about what other Girls with guns box sets people would like to see this year all I could think of was Angel/Iron Angels though I hope they might have other individual releases as well like Killer Angels, though if somehow Killer angels and Iron Angels 1-3 and princess madam but also known as Iron Angels 4 could be packaged together in 5 film box set I would love that but not sure if the same rights holder holds them all

• Like 2

Master with OK Fingers

Has there been any update on the extras/audio options for Twin Dragons? I need my Original Eng Dub fix!!

The re-dub on the DVD was so lifeless and all the comedy for me was lost.

• Like 2

legendarycurry

Placed a preorder for the Fight Back To School Trilogy Collector's Edition Box from 88, through Terracotta's website. No idea what the release date is at this time. Hope I get it one day and I won't be that dude in my hometown that  payed for a Half-Life 3 preorder 20 years ago and was never refunded.

• Haha 1

Chemical Lemon
3 hours ago, legendarycurry said:

Placed a preorder for the Fight Back To School Trilogy Collector's Edition Box from 88, through Terracotta's website. No idea what the release date is at this time. Hope I get it one day and I won't be that dude in my hometown that  payed for a Half-Life 3 preorder 20 years ago and was never refunded.

I live in the US and have switched to terracotta for most of my UK imports (other than Eureka and occasionally diabolik) partly because they usually have a pre order discount on third window films releases. Because shipping has been so expensive since Covid I usually wait until the beginning of a month and order everything for that month and the next month so it will ship together and save a little bit on shipping. Without fail there is always one 88 release that gets delayed a couple of months and holds up my package. Joey at terracotta is very nice but also extremely busy and can be very slow to reply by email. At this point I no longer bother him and just accept the delay is part of the price of saving a couple $$$

legendarycurry
26 minutes ago, Chemical Lemon said:

I live in the US and have switched to terracotta for most of my UK imports (other than Eureka and occasionally diabolik) partly because they usually have a pre order discount on third window films releases. Because shipping has been so expensive since Covid I usually wait until the beginning of a month and order everything for that month and the next month so it will ship together and save a little bit on shipping. Without fail there is always one 88 release that gets delayed a couple of months and holds up my package. Joey at terracotta is very nice but also extremely busy and can be very slow to reply by email. At this point I no longer bother him and just accept the delay is part of the price of saving a couple $$$

I understand and I think it is a healthy attitude about the situation personally. Also, maybe I am a bit silly for preordering something that 88 hasn't even put up on their website yet whilst also talking about " I hope I get it" :D

Chemical Lemon
20 minutes ago, legendarycurry said:

I understand and I think it is a healthy attitude about the situation personally. Also, maybe I am a bit silly for preordering something that 88 hasn't even put up on their website yet whilst also talking about " I hope I get it" :D

Yeah, it’s totally reasonable to expect some flexibility to cancel etc when pre-ordering. I failed to mention that I also pre-ordered fight back to school and that and twin dragons is likely to prevent my June and July (and one may order) from shipping until august or September. Honestly, releases have been coming so fast lately that I have such a backlog of movies to get through now that I don’t sweat waiting, but I’m lucky in that regard. 

legendarycurry
5 minutes ago, Chemical Lemon said:

Yeah, it’s totally reasonable to expect some flexibility to cancel etc when pre-ordering. I failed to mention that I also pre-ordered fight back to school and that and twin dragons is likely to prevent my June and July (and one may order) from shipping until august or September. Honestly, releases have been coming so fast lately that I have such a backlog of movies to get through now that I don’t sweat waiting, but I’m lucky in that regard. 

Yeah so much good stuff available. I have a few releases still in shrink wrap, I dunno dafuq I am doing sometimes when I decide to buy more,  when I already have stuff on the shelf I know I like, that I know I wanted but that I won't even unwrap. Help me.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2023 at 3:11 PM, actionfan93 said:

88 asked on Facebook when the Itlod box set was finished about what other Girls with guns box sets people would like to see this year all I could think of was Angel/Iron Angels though I hope they might have other individual releases as well like Killer Angels, though if somehow Killer angels and Iron Angels 1-3 and princess madam but also known as Iron Angels 4 could be packaged together in 5 film box set I would love that but not sure if the same rights holder holds them all

Damn I missed that. I would have definitely given a detailed answered lmao

• Like 1

Revised release dates for upcoming titles via Joey at Terracotta.

We received notification today of these revised release dates below:

- Twin Dragons 26th June

- The Untold Story 7th July

- Fight Back to School 17th July

- Magic Cop 24th July

- Taxi Hunter 28th August

• Like 4

De Ming Li
4 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

- Twin Dragons 26th June

- Magic Cop 24th July

All of these are dual UK/US releases right?

Edited by De Ming Li
  • Like 1

legendarycurry
6 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

- Twin Dragons 26th June

- Magic Cop 24th July

Nice. So a bit into July to get my hands on Fight Back To School

• Like 1

The Untold Story and Magic Cop are now available for pre-orders at the official site. I just placed one for the latter. I also just found out that you can now order their titles with OR without RM Tracement EU. RM untraced only costs 5 Euro.

https://88-films.myshopify.com/collections/pre-orders/products/the-untold-story-deluxe-collectors-edition

https://88-films.myshopify.com/collections/pre-orders/products/magic-cop

Edited by DiP
  • Like 3

BigDruDogg
5 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

All of these are dual UK/US releases right?

I don't think the US are Getting Twin Dragons or Fight back to School :angry:

But I believe all of the other dates are for Both

• Like 1

Chemical Lemon
4 hours ago, BigDruDogg said:

I don't think the US are Getting Twin Dragons or Fight back to School :angry:

But I believe all of the other dates are for Both

Untold story is also UK only. There is already a separate release of this in the US

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Chemical Lemon said:

Untold story is also UK only. There is already a separate release of this in the US

Of course, the Unearthed blu ray is excellent. :bs_thumbsup:

Edited by De Ming Li
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2023 at 6:31 AM, saltysam said:

Amazon are showing Twin Dragons as 17th July

It seems like it was delayed until then. All the sites I've been visiting have pushed the date back to the 17th along with FBtS

2 hours ago, DiP said:

Better to double check QC before release so I'm good with release delays.

I'm cool with delays also, plus with 88 I've come to expect them to a degree.. my only concern is July is Stacked for me release wise

2 minutes ago, Drunksnake said:

Guesses?Screenshot_20230620_193759_Instagram.thumb.jpg.cb2f64dcd5bc7c3ca7cb6d0b1e580416.jpg

I put a bet on Project A...

Oh boy this intro warms up my heart...my childhood love...

Pommm...pommm...pommm...pommm...

Edited by AslanBey
  • Like 4

legendarycurry

Twin Dragons is September 2023 according to Terracota. I didn't order it. But I just checked and saw because I thought it was weird it was gonna drop same day and month as Fight Back To School box, which obviously is no longer the case.

• Like 1