The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Looks like anyone who ordered the In The Line of Duty set via Amazon is gonna get it soon. My money got taken out today for it!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, inframan said:

Anyone know if there is a "standard" region A Supercop on the market yet? Or are they all still limited editions with the slipcase, book and lobby cards?

Maybe you would be better off getting the Eureka version?

Master with OK Fingers

Just noticed this on 88's website. Have I missed an announcement for Project A from 88?

Screenshot_20230520-151441.png

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Yea, that's been there for a while now. No announcement otherwise. People are assuming it will be a Region A release since Eureka already put it out for Region B.

Edited by bickle14
  • Like 4

I dont get the 88 website anyway... 

By the way: what happened to the twin dragon release? Any news about that? Was this supposed to be 4k?

13 minutes ago, AslanBey said:

I dont get the 88 website anyway... 

By the way: what happened to the twin dragon release? Any news about that? Was this supposed to be 4k?

No, no 4K. It will be released by the end of June.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShinJCFan said:

Region Europe ?

(I forgot the right letter :D A? B?)

32 minutes ago, AslanBey said:

Region Europe ?

(I forgot the right letter :D A? B?)

Yep, Twin Dragons is a region B (European) release. 

BigDruDogg
2 hours ago, ShinJCFan said:

The only thing that makes me curious/nervous is, 88 released a projected release window for they're titles from May-Sept. for both the US & UK and both Twin Dragons and Fight Back to School Trilogy weren't on that release schedule.. even though they're "supposedly" coming out on June 26 (UK) makes me believe they'll be pushed back sadly..

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=32571

EDIT:

Maybe I'm full of it, I could've swore it was May-Sept, when I first saw the link. Now the link says July-Sept... if that's the case maybe we'll still be in luck :crossedlips:

Edited by BigDruDogg
MisInfo

2 hours ago, BigDruDogg said:

The only thing that makes me curious/nervous is, 88 released a projected release window for they're titles from May-Sept. for both the US & UK and both Twin Dragons and Fight Back to School Trilogy weren't on that release schedule.. even though they're "supposedly" coming out on June 26 (UK) makes me believe they'll be pushed back sadly..

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=32571

EDIT:

Maybe I'm full of it, I could've swore it was May-Sept, when I first saw the link. Now the link says July-Sept... if that's the case maybe we'll still be in luck :crossedlips:

Hopefully it will still be released on June 26.  Amazon UK still has it listed there along with Fight Back to School. Unless maybe 88 had changed it and Amazon UK has yet to update the release date info?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Twin-Dragons-Deluxe-Collectors-Blu-ray/dp/B0BWZNKWCS/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2SMNUS9YYW8JN&keywords=twin+dragons+88+films&qid=1684640364&sprefix=twin+dragons%2Caps%2C312&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fight-Back-School-Trilogy-Collectors/dp/B0BWZKYFJF/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3GQGALJT35DKN&keywords=fight+back+to+school+88+films&qid=1684640482&sprefix=fight+back+to+school+88+films%2Caps%2C229&sr=8-1

Frank Djeng who'll be doing the audio commentary for the upcoming 88 Films Long Arm of The Law collection for the 88 Films talks to SCMP about its portrayal of both cops and villains.

https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/entertainment/article/3220971/long-arm-law-classic-1980s-hong-kong-movie-there-are-no-heroes-police-and-criminals-are-bad-each?fbclid=IwAR1ii9mn5ZcnH56sNd1bbO28JQThOoS89k4KR9artfwNw515AkNiVGFFQQ4

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

Frank Djeng who'll be doing the audio commentary for the upcoming 88 Films Long Arm of The Law collection for the 88 Films talks to SCMP about its portrayal of both cops and villains.

https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/entertainment/article/3220971/long-arm-law-classic-1980s-hong-kong-movie-there-are-no-heroes-police-and-criminals-are-bad-each?fbclid=IwAR1ii9mn5ZcnH56sNd1bbO28JQThOoS89k4KR9artfwNw515AkNiVGFFQQ4

And Frank says "if this does well then Parts 3 and 4 may also get a release!"

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, bickle14 said:

Excellent news!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, bickle14 said:

Great! I'm all for improvements on other releases!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Only Frank lays down the law when it comes to audio commentaries.

• Like 8

On 5/14/2023 at 12:04 PM, AslanBey said:

guys, where can I order police story 3 from 88? it is not on their website. and i cant find it on amazon. Is it OOP already? but why cant I find it on the 88 website? I didnt know that it is 4k region free with the deluxe treatment...

There's now several 4K copies available from this reliable seller. And it's cheaper.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/394642383519?epid=28056224387&hash=item5be284e29f:g:6bUAAOSwMShkbjqD

Edited by DiP
  • Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

While I don't think In the Line of Duty 5 is very good, is there a reason it's not a part of the 88's box set? Same production company and the HD transfer already exists...

Darth Kermit
14 hours ago, ChuckXL said:

While I don't think In the Line of Duty 5 is very good, is there a reason it's not a part of the 88's box set? Same production company and the HD transfer already exists...

My guess is 1,2, and 4 are all pretty well known and regarded, so including 3 made sense. They probably want to save 5 for a theoretical boxset of 5-7 if the later two films get restored and this boxset sells well enough. My guess anyway (I hope I am right). Frank Djeng said in a recent interview that if Long Arm of the Law 1 and 2 boxset does well they were interested in doing 3 and 4. Here's hoping it's the same for ITLOD

• Like 4

legendarycurry
5 hours ago, Darth Kermit said:

My guess is 1,2, and 4 are all pretty well known and regarded, so including 3 made sense. They probably want to save 5 for a theoretical boxset of 5-7 if the later two films get restored and this boxset sells well enough. My guess anyway (I hope I am right). Frank Djeng said in a recent interview that if Long Arm of the Law 1 and 2 boxset does well they were interested in doing 3 and 4. Here's hoping it's the same for ITLOD

I personally hope good sales on Story of Ricky , Erotic Ghost Story and Seventh Curse will lead to more Lam Ngai Choi films.

• Like 7

Darth Kermit
9 hours ago, legendarycurry said:

I personally hope good sales on Story of Ricky , Erotic Ghost Story and Seventh Curse will lead to more Lam Ngai Choi films.

Same. Give me The Cat!

• Like 4

On 6/2/2023 at 2:17 AM, Darth Kermit said:

They probably want to save 5 for a theoretical boxset of 5-7 if the later two films get restored

ITLOD 5-7 have been restored in HD already, they are on Chinese streaming websites and it's clearly a 1080p+ scan.

So at this point it's whether someone wants to acquire the rights and do a proper release.

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 3

actionfan93
1 hour ago, Daxtreme said:

ITLOD 5-7 have been restored in HD already, they are on Chinese streaming websites and it's clearly a 1080p+ scan.

So at this point it's whether someone wants to acquire the rights and do a proper release.

are not most of the girls with guns out there in HD such as Princess Madam,Angel 1-3,Killer Angels,Devil Hunters,Angel Terminators 1 and 2 does it not come down to securing the rights for those for a release to happen or am I wrong and some on the list are yet to be restored I think most of the well known girls with guns have had restorations its the lesser known ones such as Mission of Condor,Angel Force,Beauty Investigator and such that have not yet had restoration no idea who holds these

• Like 1