The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

thelastweaponmaster
1 hour ago, thundered mantis said:

About the US Gorgeous release, I'm holding on it for the commodity of getting a R2 Blu release, but no one seems to announce it. Those 88 films USA licensed titles will also be released by 88 films on this side of the pond, by another company or it's better to just grab the R1 edition? 

Edit to write that I have just seen it announced on the 88 page...

Does anyone know if the R1 and R2 release of "Gorgeous" are the same in terms of features and extras or are there differences?

TigerCage1990
28 minutes ago, thelastweaponmaster said:

Does anyone know if the R1 and R2 release of "Gorgeous" are the same in terms of features and extras or are there differences?

You mean the Region A /B of the blu-ray?

From what i was told, they're the same features including the same commentaries/ HK /US Cut from the 2000's Sony release that had the rare Jackie Chan commemtary.

• Like 1

thelastweaponmaster
1 hour ago, TigerCage1990 said:

You mean the Region A /B of the blu-ray?

From what i was told, they're the same features including the same commentaries/ HK /US Cut from the 2000's Sony release that had the rare Jackie Chan commemtary.

That's make it easy then.  Don't need to go through the hassle of comparing features/extras between different region's releases.  I can just go with the region that I am in.  Does anyone know if the booklet is identical/the same?

Thanks.

• Like 2

TigerCage1990
1 hour ago, thelastweaponmaster said:

That's make it easy then.  Don't need to go through the hassle of comparing features/extras between different region's releases.  I can just go with the region that I am in.  Does anyone know if the booklet is identical/the same?

Thanks.

It's the very same as it would if you bought the US edition, like the region B it will be a limited edition.

• Like 1

thelastweaponmaster
1 hour ago, TigerCage1990 said:

It's the very same as it would if you bought the US edition, like the region B it will be a limited edition.

Great; thanks for the confirmation.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, nahnahnah said:

Twin Dragons coming in June: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BWZNKWCS?tag=bluraycom-21

Untold Story also coming in May:

81ou2TBaaVL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_

Great to see The Twin Dragons get the special HD treatment! It's a dream finally coming true!

Also good to see The Untold Story get a release date after being announced almost three years ago. Would make a great pair with their release of Ebola Syndrome.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 8

Looks great, can't wait! Also, very excited about more Stephen Chow! I love Kung Fu Hustle, and picked up Forbiddwn City Cop, but haven't watched it yet. So happy he will be getting a lot of love this year!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, nahnahnah said:

Untold Story also coming in May:

81ou2TBaaVL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_

Finally! Wicked cover art!

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

Finally! Wicked cover art!

@KUNG FU BOB really went to work on that cover. I wasn't sure about double dipping since I have the Unearthed blu ray but this is going to have 3 audio commentaries with one of them by Frank Djeng, so that alone will push me into getting it.

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

@KUNG FU BOB really went to work on that cover. I wasn't sure about double dipping since I have the Unearthed blu ray but this is going to have 3 audio commentaries with one of them by Frank Djeng, so that alone will push me into getting it.

The poster I'm sure will be just as gory.

• Like 5

Wow! Twin Dragons?!! And with such a wicked cover? A must!!!

Will be getting Untold Story 100%, one of my faves and I skipped the Unearthed release, only have the OOP DVD, signed by the Bunman himself though. Also crazy good cover, love it, great work KFB!

Fight Back trilogy probs just to support, not a huge fan. 

Wicked announcements, they weren't kidding saying 2023. will blow our socks off.

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Damn, Twin Dragons isn't the greatest but lucky ya'll get that on blu ray! Also, if you've never seen the Fight Back To School movies, you should just blind buy them. They are funny as heck! Has the In The Line of Duty set gotten a firm release date yet?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chemical Lemon said:

Damn June is packed. 

my poor wallet

Definitely. I've cut back on my spending. I'm sure Royal Mail and Amazon are wondering if I've kicked the bucket as there's no parcels being delivered to mine on a regular basis. I suppose in theory I've caught up, but ai have also stayed clear of the forums 'new releases' just so I don't go on a spending spree.

2 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

Wow! Twin Dragons?!! And with such a wicked cover? A must!!!

Will be getting Untold Story 100%, one of my faves and I skipped the Unearthed release, only have the OOP DVD, signed by the Bunman himself though. Also crazy good cover, love it, great work KFB!

Fight Back trilogy probs just to support, not a huge fan. 

Wicked announcements, they weren't kidding saying 2023. will blow our socks off.

I'm sure there will be many more surprises. I won't be buying anything from HK. Late last year I bought all of the Mr Vampire films and although I knew at some point they'll be a western release, I had no idea when. But to release them all in on boxset this year?! 

• Like 4