The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

1 hour ago, Super Ninja said:

Hell yeah! I've been delaying getting Magic Crystal from DDD for so long in hope it'll get a UK release. This is great news!

Yea love Magic Crystal . Makes me wonder if we’ll get some more Wong Jing . 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HeavenSword said:

Yea love Magic Crystal . Makes me wonder if we’ll get some more Wong Jing . 

88 announced God of Gamblers a few months back also, one of Wong Jing's best IMO

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

88 has quite a few classic HK films coming up!! You should all be very excited!! Currently putting something magical together! :)

Hopefully some US releases in there!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

88 has quite a few classic HK films coming up!! You should all be very excited!! Currently putting something magical together! :)

The Magic Ring ! :monk_laughing:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

genre is the question here old school,New wave,Action etc?

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 1

Master with OK Fingers

Does anyone know if there is any of the special edition box set releases that were released again with only a slipcover? I didn't realize that the 2nd run on The Young Master came with slipcover? I thought it was just the Box style release and then a standard blu-ray case version. I recently picked up The Young Master with a slipcover only after noticing someone's tweet of their collection. I would love a slip for AOG, did Armour of God have a slipcover release?

Also Righting Wrongs, I would love a slipcover for this as well. I just like the uniform look of the slipcover. The height of the boxsets look so out of place on the shelf lol

Edited by Master with OK Fingers
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

Does anyone know if there is any of the special edition box set releases that were released again with only a slipcover? I didn't realize that the 2nd run on The Young Master came with slipcover? I thought it was just the Box style release and then a standard blu-ray case version. I recently picked up The Young Master with a slipcover only after noticing someone's tweet of their collection. I would love a slip for AOG, did Armour of God have a slipcover release?

Also Righting Wrongs, I would love a slipcover for this as well. I just like the uniform look of the slipcover. The height of the boxsets look so out of place on the shelf lol

Yes Armour Of God standard edition comes with a slip.

• Like 2

thelastweaponmaster

Any chance of the older "classic" Shang-kuan Ling-feng films to be released such as "Back Alley Princess" or Chinatown Capers" or the Hui Brothers classics such as "Security Unlimited" or "Games Gamblers Play"?

• Like 3

Snake and Crane arrived, and to tell you the truth I was not expecting such a nice package. 88 Filma nailed it with this one. Only thing is that the poster is so big, I'm not sure what size frame (again!). I almost bought a few frames beforehand, but I'm glad I didn't. Props to the package designers! :shakinghands

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

2 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

Oh yes!FB_IMG_1674744641239.jpg.a5cdacc1095180aa557baa3f8972caac.jpg

No wonder Shout! Factory didn't list this as a restoration in their set. I wonder if this will be UK only and how it will compare to the one in the Shout set.

1 minute ago, lilmanjs said:

No wonder Shout! Factory didn't list this as a restoration in their set. I wonder if this will be UK only and how it will compare to the one in the Shout set.

88 films is doing their own in house restoration on this going to be epic 

• Like 6

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, lilmanjs said:

Shout Factory currently has the US license for BATTLE CREEK BRAWL (aka. THE BIG BRAWL) and 88 Films has the license for the UK.

22 minutes ago, Graysman said:

88 films is doing their own in house restoration on this going to be epic 

I've heard it's quite the improvement.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Shout Factory currently has the US license for BATTLE CREEK BRAWL (aka. THE BIG BRAWL) and 88 Films has the license for the UK.

Very true @KUNG FU BOB

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

So is the one in the Shout! Set a restoration as well? I'll buy this if it is a major improvement over that as I think this movie is underrated big time.

• Like 1

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, lilmanjs said:

So is the one in the Shout! Set a restoration as well? I'll buy this if it is a major improvement over that as I think this movie is underrated big time.

I'd be surprised if the Shout one was a new restoration as I don't think they do stuff like that themselves. But I don't know for certain, I'm only speculating.

88 Films want to improve on everything with this one to top their previous release which was one of their first four Jackie Chan releases. They've learned a lot since then and upped their game in major ways, so I think it's going to be pretty damn good.

• Like 11
  • Buddha Bless You 2

I've never seen Battle Creek Brawl so avoided buying it first time around. I may have to support 88 Films this time around and pick this one up.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 1/26/2023 at 5:58 PM, lilmanjs said:

I believe the new restoration is exclusive to this release

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I remember 88 was supposed to release a slew of CAT III films this year. Taxi Hunter and The Untold Story are the only 2 so far or did I miss any other announced title?