The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Have to wait for mine, it'll ship with Iceman Cometh.Is the BD the same as the original release, hoping to move it on unless there's something missing off this one.

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 3

TigerCage1990
6 hours ago, saltysam said:

Have to wait for mine, it'll ship with Iceman Cometh.Is the BD the same as the original release, hoping to move it on unless there's something missing off this one.

Same,  Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin won't ship till next month.

• Like 2

Jizzmaster Jerry
On 12/1/2022 at 4:46 AM, Yggdrasil said:

Mine will arrive from Amazon tomoz.

You are lucky.  I want Ebola Syndrome.  It is the most disgusting, insane, hate filled fun movie ever made.  But I have so many movies I want to get.  I can’t justify getting it again, because the Discotek DVD is great.  I have always wanted to see the movie uncut with all those gory bits put back in the movie. Arggg.  I want it.  Gimme.  

Edited by Jizzmaster Jerry
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jizzmaster Jerry said:

You are lucky.  I want Ebola Syndrome.  It is the most disgusting, insane, hate filled fun movie ever made.  But I have so many movies I want to get.  I can’t justify getting it again, because the Discotek DVD is great.  I have always wanted to see the movie uncut with all those gory bits put back in the movie. Arggg.  I want it.  

It's not that gory. A bit grim in places and the character is a complete nutter. I bought it to replace the Hong Kong DVD. Not seen the discotek one so I can't comment on the looks of it. But why did they release it on DVD and not blu ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, saltysam said:

It's different but I don't know/remember enough to know if there's something missing on the new one compared to the old.

Jizzmaster Jerry
8 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

It's not that gory. A bit grim in places and the character is a complete nutter. I bought it to replace the Hong Kong DVD. Not seen the discotek one so I can't comment on the looks of it. But why did they release it on DVD and not blu ?

Anthony Wong is one sicko fucko in Ebola.  The Discotek pic quality is quite good.  It has the cut bits, separate from the movie in the special features.  I remember a lot cut.  Making it even more gory than Run and Kill.  But my memory may be failing.  Common thing for me.  When I got the DVD in 2007 DVD was the standard.  Blu Ray had been around a year or so.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jizzmaster Jerry said:

Anthony Wong is one sicko fucko in Ebola.  The Discotek pic quality is quite good.  It has the cut bits, separate from the movie in the special features.  I remember a lot cut.  Making it even more gory than Run and Kill.  But my memory may be failing.  Common thing for me.  When I got the DVD in 2007 DVD was the standard.  Blu Ray had been around a year or so.  

It`s definitely gorier than Run&Kill but still it has just a few remarkably bloody scenes. Beginning and when restaurant owners are killed. It`s not violence but performance of AW and storyline which makes it "classic".

• Like 1

Jizzmaster Jerry

True.  It’s no bloodbath but disturbing and some very shocking violence.  I don’t know if I like your quotation.  Are you suggesting that this is not a classic worthy of being shown in a double feature alongside something like Farewell my Concubine?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jizzmaster Jerry said:

I think anyone that picks up a slab of meat from a fridge, cuts a hole in it and spunks in it and replace it to be used later is a pretty grim bastard.

15 hours ago, Graysman said:

Cannot get over how good this 88 film’s release is truly stunning with fantastic artwork we are so spoiled for choice. 

21026954-3ACC-401E-8188-3360909046CF.jpeg

Never heard of the movie.  But I liked Police story with it's scary stunts. Seen the trailer of this, well actually half the trailer then ordered this. Best just to jump in with both feet. 

And another film with my all time favourite guy, Sammo. It's got to be worth buying! (Just one heck of a dodgy haircut though.)

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

From 88's FB:
IN THE LINE OF DUTY Limited Edition BOXSET featuring rigid slipcase, posters and a 100-page booklet with brand new writing and interviews is now finally available to pre-order on Amazon USA! Release Date Feb/March despite currently being listed for May and the price will drop from its current listing so get your preorders in now and don't miss out.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BPXKNMK8

https://mvdb2b.com/s/InTheLineOfDutyIIV4DiscDeluxeCollectorsEdition/US88FB017

Edited by bickle14
  • Like 3

In terms of subtitling and subtitle timing, 88 Films crushes Eureka so I'm getting the boxset. I just ordered Eureka's edition of part 4 though just to own two releases with differing content and overall quality.

On 12/6/2022 at 4:26 PM, Yggdrasil said:

Never heard of the movie.  But I liked Police story with it's scary stunts. Seen the trailer of this, well actually half the trailer then ordered this. Best just to jump in with both feet. 

And another film with my all time favourite guy, Sammo. It's got to be worth buying! (Just one heck of a dodgy haircut though.)

Just doing my civic duty on this.  For your first viewing, I strongly recommend the extended Japanese "Cyclone Z' cut.  There's important and funny Yuen Biao scenes that are only in that version.  Plus an outtake reel.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DiP said:

In terms of subtitling and subtitle timing, 88 Films crushes Eureka so I'm getting the boxset. I just ordered Eureka's edition of part 4 though just to own two releases with differing content and overall quality.

Really? I thought Eureka spent lots of time on subs and such, remastering them. Are you sure about that?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, starschwar said:

Just doing my civic duty on this.  For your first viewing, I strongly recommend the extended Japanese "Cyclone Z' cut.  There's important and funny Yuen Biao scenes that are only in that version.  Plus an outtake reel.

Thanks. Just finished watching it before your message. I saw the HK cut first then listened to the International cut's commentary by Mike & Arne. I didn't see any difference between the two. I'll have to give the Japanese Cyclone Z cut a watch tomorrow. Thanks mate.

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Daxtreme said:

Really? I thought Eureka spent lots of time on subs and such, remastering them. Are you sure about that?

I find annoying American slang and phrases popping up with British spelt words on both 88 & Eureka. So they are both not perfect. 

• Like 2

thelastweaponmaster

I find it really frustrating that 88 Films can't get their house in order so that they can release their HK films as originally scheduled or announced their extras on a timely basis.   Eureka has announced their extras (quite nice ones too) for their individual "In the Line of Duty" releases.  Yet we haven't heard a peep yet from 88 Films regarding any of their extras for their "In the Line of Duty" boxset.

I guess they are still recovering from their "Bey Logan" fiasco in regards to developing extras for their releases.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, thelastweaponmaster said:

I find it really frustrating that 88 Films can't get their house in order so that they can release their HK films as originally scheduled or announced their extras on a timely basis.   Eureka has announced their extras (quite nice ones too) for their individual "In the Line of Duty" releases.  Yet we haven't heard a peep yet from 88 Films regarding any of their extras for their "In the Line of Duty" boxset.

I guess they are still recovering from their "Bey Logan" fiasco in regards to developing extras for their releases.

It is frustrating that they aren’t very consistent with announcements and releases. But isn’t only like two or three guys running the label? I’m a little more forgiving. 

Edited by bickle14