The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

4 hours ago, saltysam said:

Maybe 88 are moving away from the Asian stuff now. I know there's re-releases of a couple of Jackie's coming, Iceman Cometh,Ebola and God Of Gamblers but there's no sign of another Shaw deal for example.

Far from it. There's so much titles from Asia that's worth releasing beyond the most famous ones. 88 Films are all about exploring lesser-known or hidden gems. There's always titles out there that could be acquired rights to. 

Edited by DiP
  • Like 8
  • Buddha Bless You 1

11 hours ago, bickle14 said:

They still need to release Jet Li's work.

I pray for deluxe releases for Fongsaiyuk, Taichi, New Legend etc. every night...:monk_smh:

• Like 2

TigerCage1990

I prefer 88 releasing Fist of Legend to be honest along Black Mask. I know Dragon Fist is out of the question with it doing time at a Warners vault.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TigerCage1990 said:

I prefer 88 releasing Fist of Legend to be honest along Black Mask. I know Dragon Fist is out of the question with it doing time at a Warners vault.

I thought Dragon Fist was already released on blu by 88.

• Like 1

TigerCage1990
1 hour ago, Yggdrasil said:

I thought Dragon Fist was already released on blu by 88.

I meant Dragon Fight, silly me. My bad.  Dragon Fight that other Jet Li movie i wished had a release.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerCage1990 said:

I meant Dragon Fight, silly me. My bad.  Dragon Fight that other Jet Li movie i wished had a release.

Am I the only one that likes Enforcer? (my father is a hero) Fist of Legend is my Fav. Jet, but 2nd is definitely Enforcer :D I'd love a Jet Li 90s boxset (defender,FoL, Enforcer, Legend 1/2, Black Mask, Tai Chi Master) Dude was on fire!!

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 2

TigerCage1990
11 minutes ago, BigDruDogg said:

Am I the only one that likes Enforcer? (my father is a hero) Fist of Legend is my Fav. Jet, but 2nd is definitely Enforcer :D I'd love a Jet Li 90s boxset (defender,FoL, Enforcer, Legend 1/2, Black Mask, Tai Chi Master) Dude was on fire!!

No, I love My Father's a Hero. It's one of my favorite Jet Li flims. Him and Xie Miao aka Tse Miu made a great on-screen team. I'm hope My Father Is a Hero get's a release it was one of the first Jet Li flims on VHS i bought many years ago.

• Like 1

Iron Head Rat
On 11/14/2022 at 4:15 PM, saltysam said:

I hope they branch into Jet Li movies,save me plenty of cash. Would only look to upgrade Fist Of Legend.Not a fan.

The only one I really liked was Fearless

TibetanWhiteCrane
9 hours ago, BigDruDogg said:

I'd love a Jet Li 90s boxset (defender,FoL, Enforcer, Legend 1/2, Black Mask, Tai Chi Master)

Damn, those US titles really were the hackiest of generic shit, weren't they. 

Yeah, not a big Jet fan either, though a few titles could do with an upgrade on my account.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TigerCage1990 said:

Yes I had thought you was on about Jet Li's films but I looked around to see if there was a movie of his which was under a different name, which usually happens.

Edited by Yggdrasil

Killer Meteor
3 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Damn, those US titles really were the hackiest of generic shit, weren't they. 

Yeah, they make them sound more like Van Damme or Lundgren titles.

TigerCage1990
4 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

Yes I had thought you was on about Jet Li's films but I looked around to see if there was a movie of his which was under a different name, which usually happens.

That's what i get when i don't get too much sleep. But for a moment even i thought maybe i meant a different title for Dragon Fight,

I'm surprised that there are some fellow kungfu fans here who dont like Jet Li very much. He is definitely my number 2 after Jackie, although there are some movies I didnt see yet. I would buy the most stuff coming from him. So push it to the limit 88. 

• Like 2

I don't dislike him but many of his movies i've found underwhelming. Fist Of Legend,Fearless the OUATIC series,Hero i've kept. When i saw Black Mask last year after a number of years i thought it hadn't aged well at all and sold it on. Maybe i need to revisit some of his others but put it this way if i had the choice between a Jet Li or Chen Sing box set Chen Sing would win every time :smile

• Like 4

20 hours ago, AslanBey said:

I'm surprised that there are some fellow kungfu fans here who dont like Jet Li very much. He is definitely my number 2 after Jackie, although there are some movies I didnt see yet. I would buy the most stuff coming from him. So push it to the limit 88. 

I'm a huge fan of his and I can't understand either why there are people on several sites or forums who despise him and criticize his martial arts skills. I haven't watched his recent movies, but I own most of his earlier ones and for me he is as great as the other stars we are all talking about here or elsewhere.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, saltysam said:

I don't dislike him but many of his movies i've found underwhelming. Fist Of Legend,Fearless the OUATIC series,Hero i've kept. When i saw Black Mask last year after a number of years i thought it hadn't aged well at all and sold it on. Maybe i need to revisit some of his others but put it this way if i had the choice between a Jet Li or Chen Sing box set Chen Sing would win every time :smile

Both would win , for me 😀

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I'm a huge fan of his and I can't understand either why there are people on several sites or forums who despise him and criticize his martial arts skills.

I wonder if @dionbrother interviewed him. He dislikes him.

21 hours ago, AslanBey said:

I agree with hin being number 2 after Jackie (and Bruce Lee perhaps). I rarely like Biao and Sammo outside of Jackie Chan titles for some reason. I would very much welcome more Jet Li titles from 88 Films and I was very happy with "The Master". But im also currently enjoying the Jackie Chan outputs and the new girls with guns genre. I have yet to see any of them so im really excited for the ITLOD and Yeoh movies coming out. More Jet Li would be the icing on the cake. 

41 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I'm a huge fan of his and I can't understand either why there are people on several sites or forums who despise him and criticize his martial arts skills. I haven't watched his recent movies, but I own most of his earlier ones and for me he is as great as the other stars we are all talking about here or elsewhere.

They despise him? Really? 

He is one of the greatest and along with Jackie Chan he has that X factor that imo Sammo and Biao are missing on their own. But I do think many of Jet Li movies are wild and fun, but they dont really showcase his skillset too much because its more wire-fu. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, JCLegend86 said:

But I do think many of Jet Li movies are wild and fun, but they dont really showcase his skillset too much because its more wire-fu. 

I wish that he didn't do Born to Defend. That's where he injured his back. Imagine if he had done something else like playing Andy Lau's role in Magic Crystal.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I'm a huge fan of his and I can't understand either why there are people on several sites or forums who despise him and criticize his martial arts skills. 

I would rather say that they criticize (or dislike) his movies. I think nobody would dispute his martial arts skills. Aside from Bruce Lee (legend) I think Jet is on top concerning martial arts skills. Combined with wire fu and the right music I could watch him everyday.

1 hour ago, JCLegend86 said:

I agree with hin being number 2 after Jackie (and Bruce Lee perhaps).

I would very much welcome more Jet Li titles from 88 Films and I was very happy with "The Master". But im also currently enjoying the Jackie Chan outputs and the new girls with guns genre. I have yet to see any of them so im really excited for the ITLOD and Yeoh movies coming out. More Jet Li would be the icing on the cake. 

Yeah Bruce Lee is in any case the legend par excellence. I dont put him in any list :)

But to be honest his main movies are not boring but somehow long-winded. One has to be patient to see those legendary scenes. And this is a barrier for rewatching the whole movie. Nevertheless much more entertaining than its contemporaries.

I am also very excited about those Yeoh movies. Will be first time watches for me. I saw some scenes and figured out that i missed a lot during my earlier years as a fan.

Maybe i was blinded by my Jackielove.:monk_swinging:

• Like 3