The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

sifu iron perm
3 hours ago, nahnahnah said:

God of Gamblers is going to be released in March. I love the film but I think it's a bit of a missed opportunity to not release a boxset with all the films.

Don't worry Eureka will probably announce a Boxset in few weeks.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nahnahnah said:

God of Gamblers is going to be released in March. I love the film but I think it's a bit of a missed opportunity to not release a boxset with all the films.

Spectrum releases all movies in a boxset with Challenge of the gamesters as a bonus movie.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 10:09 PM, Daxtreme said:

WOW In The Line of Duty III finally in HD release

This is the big surprise here! The rest already have had multiple HD releases in the past (although it's always nice to have more releases)

MUST BUY

All previous releases were upscales so it's the first time for them all in genuine HD this time.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, nahnahnah said:

Finally! This is one of Chow Yun-Fat's absolute best.

I haven't seen the sequels apart from God of Gamblers Return, which was was all over the place. So it's a relief seeing the original get released separately.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, DiP said:

All previous releases were upscales so it's the first time for them all in genuine HD this time.

I know right? That's why I'm so excited for it! Amazing

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, DiP said:

Finally! This is one of Chow Yun-Fat's absolute best.

I haven't seen the sequels apart from God of Gamblers Return, which was was all over the place. So it's a relief seeing the original get released separately.

The other sequels are less schizophrenic.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cognoscente said:

The other sequels are less schizophrenic.

That's what I love about the original though. Chow getting to show off different acting styles in one and the same movie convincingly. That what made it so special.

• Like 1

sifu iron perm
1 hour ago, nahnahnah said:

Dragons Forever release date pushed to December 12 now.

Good! Need to settle down on monthly releases. 

TigerCage1990
7 hours ago, nahnahnah said:

Dragons Forever release date pushed to December 12 now.

That's good, my wallet has taken enough hits already.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Dragons Forever is just never going to come out is it? It will be like June of 2023 at this rate before it releases. I wish they'd give us official updates on this instead of random teasers.

On 11/4/2022 at 10:58 AM, BLfan said:

Seems like the UK will get the dual format Dragons Forever as well, which is making me think about getting rid of the previous 88 films bluray?

I just sold mine, dont see any reason to hold on to it if youre going for the UHD set. 

TigerCage1990
55 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Maybe the delay is removing any Bey related extras from the Disc

I hope not, If that'd the case then it make's me wonder about Iceman Cometh and Supercop since both have Bey Logan related stuff.

5 hours ago, saltysam said:

Snake & Crane reissue is due next month,wouldn't be surprised to see that get delayed into 2023.

Yeah, it'd be nice if 88 would update there release status.. as of now it's listed as-

Police Story 3 4K (Dec 13) US
Magnificent Warriors (Dec 13) US
Gorgeous (Dec 13) US

The Iceman Cometh UK (Dec 12) UK
Dragons Forever 4K (Dec 12) UK/US?
Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin (Dec 12) UK

Obviously that's super unrealistic for them to release that many films on the same week.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

legendarycurry
24 minutes ago, De Ming Li said:

Are the US exclusive titles not able to be ordered from the 88’s own web store?

I believe they are. You have to press a link/button on the website that says 88 US

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TigerCage1990 said:

I hope not, If that'd the case then it make's me wonder about Iceman Cometh and Supercop since both have Bey Logan related stuff.

I think they will cancel all material that Bey was involved in, thats pretty much what they said in their statement. 

Im gutted they decided to not use Bey Logan. It would sure be 88's edge in the label war we're in. They even lost important people in this shitstorm. Afaik only Irongod2112 and Frank Djeng is still with them. Havent seen a word from them in some time, so im not sure though. 

TigerCage1990
6 hours ago, JCLegend86 said:

I think they will cancel all material that Bey was involved in, thats pretty much what they said in their statement. 

Im gutted they decided to not use Bey Logan. It would sure be 88's edge in the label war we're in. They even lost important people in this shitstorm. Afaik only Irongod2112 and Frank Djeng is still with them. Havent seen a word from them in some time, so im not sure though.