The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

11 hours ago, Graysman said:

Guys it’s finally arrived Righting Wrongs and let me say this is truly a fantastic release by 88 films and all that’s involved congratulations 

6954C584-D3B6-4538-A739-413572D4BA6F.jpeg

D7904B28-35DB-4062-ACA8-75A2408C174A.jpeg

3CA79845-55FD-4C1E-AF21-AC9C916458E2.jpeg

0AF1EF8F-7964-4E67-A67F-730B036D305F.jpeg

DE375346-BBD2-475F-817F-C55B076BE6B3.jpeg

980FBBC8-118F-4D0E-B331-9775B09A375C.jpeg

822F785C-E5E4-4695-B208-2F9B3A60F587.jpeg

Damn, I'm jealous! 88 better ship my copy by today Wednesday or else... 😈

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Righting wrongs.

The ultimate (Bentley) cut.

It finally arrived! After waiting excitedly for months Righting Wrongs had finally shipped and as soon as I got home and clean from work I popped in disc two and made myself comfortable.
I had previously enjoyed the Vinegar Syndrome limited edition release (who even mention this cut on their commentary with the Rothrock) to refresh my memory as I hadn't watched it for a good few years.
However 88 Films' release is what I'd been looking forward to most, mainly because of the ultimate cut which had been put together by audio and editing wizard Brandon Bentley, which as most of you know is always good news.
The film looked and sounded amazing. Watching the most complete version of this movie was an absolute pleasure and something which I'm sure fans of the movie had always dreamed of. Apart from the change from Cantonese to Mandarin here and there, a first time viewer wouldn't notice visually what scenes have been added to make the footage complete. Very smoothly done.
The ending randomiser was a great idea, amounting to, I believe, four possible endings. Two of the endings have been excellently and uniquely customised by Brandon Bentley, giving the choice of one hero dying and another surviving so ultimately you'll never know how the film ends. My viewing ended with

Spoiler

Cynthia Rothrock surviving and Yuen Biao dying

I believe this was achieved with the help of seamless branching by the amazing David Mackenzie and Fidelity In Motion, who contribute to many 88 and Eureka titles among others.
This was superb and I haven't even put disc one in the player yet!
I'm looking forward to seeing what other excellent work Brandon produces in the future along whatever his chosen path may be.
If your a fan of this movie then be sure to get yourself a copy of the 88 Films release.tumblr_p0fu3eLSKo1v6w3juo1_1280.png.623d6fdd65814e43e03490970496068e.png

• Like 11

Hello, can anyone in the U.K. tell me what's up with the Royal mail?

They are on strike? I got a tracking # that is al 000000's.

The lady who answers the emails is pretty nice, but I'm sure she is busy and I don't want to bother her if any is in the know on what the situation is regarding the mail across the pond.

Thank you!

sifu iron perm
28 minutes ago, AlexanderFu said:

Hello, can anyone in the U.K. tell me what's up with the Royal mail?

They are on strike? I got a tracking # that is al 000000's.

The lady who answers the emails is pretty nice, but I'm sure she is busy and I don't want to bother heif any is in the know on what the situation is regarding the mail across the pond.

Thank you!

Yes, Royal Mail are doing random strikes.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

I am a Royal Mail worker and delivery strikes are scheduled for 20th and 25th October then there’s at least 4 one day weekly strikes in November talks are ongoing so hopefully we can get this sorted out as soon as possible though to be honest I wouldn’t hold my breath

other sectors in Royal Mail processing, distribution etc I can’t speak for as their strike dates are different days to delivery dates 

• Buddha Bless You 2

1 hour ago, sifu iron perm said:

I appreciate that info, thank you.

I knew something was up with the wacky tracking number, but I'm in no rush. It's still quicker than the USPS even on strike!  :cool:

• Haha 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

2 minutes ago, Graysman said:

I am a Royal Mail worker and delivery strikes are scheduled for 20th and 25th October then there’s at least 4 one day weekly strikes in November talks are ongoing so hopefully we can get this sorted out as soon as possible though to be honest I wouldn’t hold my breath

other sectors in Royal Mail processing, distribution etc I can’t speak for as their strike dates are different days to delivery dates 

I hope you all prevail. It's well deserved! :thumbsup

• Like 2

I preordered righting wrongs months ago from zavvi. No dispatch notification, no info on delay or sth. Now it is not findable on their website. Does anyone know sth about this? 

Edited by AslanBey

sifu iron perm
1 minute ago, AslanBey said:

I preordered righting wrongs months ago from zavvi. No dispatch notification, no info on delay or sth. Now it is not findable on their website. Do anyone know sth about this? 

Dude from HK RESCUES manages the website.

• Haha 2

I mainly preorder my eureka and 88 movies from zavvi and I never had a problem with them. I ordered The seventh curse a while ag (sdaly, I missed the one with the slipcase and other extras) and I even received several messages telling me that the order was delayed and they finally shipied it yesterday. 

I preordered Righting Wrongs from them too. I just checked the status of my order and it's still mentioned as "processing", and, as you say, when I click on the item, it's mentioned as "out of stock", so, maybe there is a delay due to 88.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Righting Wrongs official release date isn't till next Monday 24th October so wouldn't be worrying about Zavvi orders yet. I got mine from 88 yesterday.

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
1 hour ago, sifu iron perm said:

Joke. 

Damn,,, you had me for a minute there. Maybe he got a new gig,

Also, not really sure what Zavvi is.

• Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
2 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Damn,,, you had me for a minute there. Maybe he got a new gig,

Also, not really sure what Zavvi is.

Zavvi is an enertainment retail store place, look nice, great products but poor customer service and delivery service is beyond trash.

I gave up on that site years ago.

• Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane
7 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

Zavvi is an enertainment retail store place, look nice, great products but poor customer service and delivery service is beyond trash.

I gave up on that site years ago.

Aaah, ok. Never used them. Is that the old Play.com.... or is that Rakuten or whatever it's called?

• Buddha Bless You 1

11 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I mainly preorder my eureka and 88 movies from zavvi and I never had a problem with them. I ordered The seventh curse a while ag (sdaly, I missed the one with the slipcase and other extras) and I even received several messages telling me that the order was delayed and they finally shipied it yesterday. 

I preordered Righting Wrongs from them too. I just checked the status of my order and it's still mentioned as "processing", and, as you say, when I click on the item, it's mentioned as "out of stock", so, maybe there is a delay due to 88.

I also order mainly from zavvi and I am content with them. The thing with righting wrongs was that I couldnt find the movie on their website. Not even the "out of stock" notification. Maybe my fault. But since some friends in this forum got their parcels I was a little scared that I miss the limited edition. But if the release date is next week I think there is no problem.

2 hours ago, AslanBey said:

I also order mainly from zavvi and I am content with them. The thing with righting wrongs was that I couldnt find the movie on their website. Not even the "out of stock" notification. Maybe my fault. But since some friends in this forum got their parcels I was a little scared that I miss the limited edition. But if the release date is next week I think there is no problem.

I went to my account, then on my order page, and then, I clicked on the Righting Wrongs item, and I got this :

SORRY, UNFORTUNATELY THIS PRODUCT IS CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK. ADD IT TO YOUR WISHLIST TO RECEIVE A BACK IN STOCK EMAIL NOTIFICATION.

I hope that I won't miss the limited release as well, because I preordered it a long while ago when it was announced !

• Like 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cj_DB2DKdgT/ 

You have been asking for it, so here it is!
In the Line of Duty 1-4 Boxset including:
Royal Warriors
Yes, Madam!
ITLOD III
ITLOD IV

Pre-orders will go live shortly and full specs announced soon. But here is a peek at some of the art. Reverse sleeves, Booklet and poster art unveiled soon

Four classic police stories from the Golden Age of Hong Kong action, where the women kick ass as hard as any man. Michelle Yeoh and then Cynthia Kahn star as the toughest cops on the streets, using fists, feet and guns to take down triads, thieves and international criminals.
Easily the equal of any American action movies from the same era, the In the Line of Duty series are enduring proof of the genius – and recklessness – of Hong Kong filmmakers. 88 Films are proud to do their bit for law and order, with beautiful restorations of these four landmark movies.

image.png.21ed61039d7fff44c900df38179a4892.png

• Like 16
  • Buddha Bless You 4