The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

2 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

But I assume all 4 are coming they showed 4 and have 1 and 2 so I assume 3 is coming as well 

Maybe not from 88 Films. We’ll see. They don’t always release things in order since they released Operation Condor ahead of Armour of God. So maybe?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Maybe not from 88 Films. We’ll see. They don’t always release things in order since they released Operation Condor ahead of Armour of God. So maybe?

that maybe but I would assume they have U.S rights to all 4 and Eureka will have the UK rights they hinted at Royal Warriors I think somewhere Yes Madam was mentioned and now 4 has been shown so I would be shocked if they don't have 3 as well I do wonder what else 88 and Eureka have coming from the girls with guns genre I assume Angel will be in the pipeline sometime but other than that no idea or that might be as far as they both go with the genre as those are the most well known ones

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 2

So what's the latest on Logan? 88 and Vinegar Syndrome (and whoever else) would keep all audio commentaries/extras ALREADY done but will NOT in the present or in the future collaborate with him on anything. Is that correct? If so then every past contributor (Mike Leeder, Arne Venema, Brandon Bentley, Podcast on Fire etc etc) should return and do what they do best.

• Like 4

One Armed Boxer
16 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

That would be nine films all up, so rather understandable that they opted to not do a box set.

That’s a bit like saying we could only have a ‘Police Story’ boxset if it contained all 6 entries, but we still got one with the first 3, so not outside the realms of possibility to get an ITLOD boxset that wouldn’t have all of them.

By the way I’m familiar with what are considered to be the 7 entries in the series (after the 4th entry there’s ‘Middle Man’, ‘Forbidden Arsenal’, & ‘Sea Wolves’), what are the other 2?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

So what's the latest on Logan? 88 and Vinegar Syndrome (and whoever else) would keep all audio commentaries/extras ALREADY done but will NOT in the present or in the future collaborate with him on anything. Is that correct? If so then every past contributor (Mike Leeder, Arne Venema, Brandon Bentley, Podcast on Fire etc etc) should return and do what they do best.

No. 88 are dropping ALL Bey Logan extras, even the archival commentary track ment to be on Iceman Cometh release. Sad, but true. 

Its a weird decision, because nobody really had any issues with the archival stuff. The issue was mainly having Bey Logan employed to do new extras. 

Edited by JCLegend86
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

In the Line of Duty 4 coming too…

5B925D3F-1BDE-44B1-8C30-A0E266ADAB8E.jpeg

Finally... Was waiting for a bluray announcement of In the Line of Duty 4 after hearing the Tiger Cage trilogy announcement. Lovely case cover too!

The question now is: How will 88's release differ with the German and Eureka's future releases in terms of extras? And will they do their own color grading just like they did with Police Story 3: Supercop?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

That’s a bit like saying we could only have a ‘Police Story’ boxset if it contained all 6 entries, but we still got one with the first 3, so not outside the realms of possibility to get an ITLOD boxset that wouldn’t have all of them.

By the way I’m familiar with what are considered to be the 7 entries in the series (after the 4th entry there’s ‘Middle Man’, ‘Forbidden Arsenal’, & ‘Sea Wolves’), what are the other 2?

I just searched it up on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Line_of_Duty_(film_series)

I assume title #8 and #9 are only loosely linked to the first seven and these labels have mostly been completionists so if they really did the first seven then there's a big chance they will the remaining two films to completely round out the series.

• Like 2

8 is Yes Madam a serious Shock and 9 is Yes Madam 5 I've seen 8 its not the best in my opinion but never seen 9 I am not really sure what has all been restored news from Germany shows only 1-5 are restored so 6-9 not really sure and plus I am not really sure 88 and Eureka will try to put out all 9 I think they will focus on the biggest potential sellers 1-4 maybe 5-7 as well

• Like 3

On 10/15/2022 at 2:14 AM, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

I've never seen a bigger bunch of drama queens in my life. 

A very telling comment indeed.

On 10/15/2022 at 3:48 AM, JCLegend86 said:

Funny how its the same guys who just got what they begged for who is now crying that the statement wasnt excactly how they would put it themselves. Theres just no pleasing these guys lol   

Nope, I’m fine with their mea culpa. Onward and upward. Hopefully bridges can be mended now.

• Like 4

TibetanWhiteCrane
31 minutes ago, WaverBoy said:

It was definitely enlightening as to your character.

Yep, keep assuming. Always a sign of intelligence at work.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Cognoscente said:

I wish that 88 Films will release more Wong Jing movies. He has yet to do an audio commentary in English.

I had to look up his name on wiki and go through his films. A few poped up which I recognised. But out of all of them, even though he was the producer of it, would be Ebola syndrome which I have on a dodgy dutch dvd copy. That's getting a blu ray remaster in the coming days.

• Like 2

Ebola syndrome is out on 4K from Vinegar Syndrome and it is a amazing disc. Have it in my collection and watched it with friends several times. One of the Cat3 classics and so funny.

• Like 3

Master with OK Fingers

OMG! I need to tell some people who may care even a little about this.

Long story short, I work for an Electrical wholesaler and have recently taken on the International division. I have had this Japanese company who have been very hard to deal with, going back and forth for a couple of months and then today received another amendment! The address has changed from an address in Japan to an address in Hong Kong and FAO Jackie F****** Chan!!!! I can't go in to details due to privacy, but its definitely THE JC. I spoke to some colleges and they didn't really care, and as I'm writing this now, I can sort of see why, but I am totally buzzing right now.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2
  • Buddha Bless You 5

19 minutes ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

Whoa, all the best to you! They say "Never meet your heroes", so I hope it will work out for you and your company!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

Long story short, I work for an Electrical wholesaler and have recently taken on the International division. I have had this Japanese company who have been very hard to deal with, going back and forth for a couple of months and then today received another amendment! The address has changed from an address in Japan to an address in Hong Kong and FAO Jackie F****** Chan!!!! I can't go in to details due to privacy, but its definitely THE JC. I spoke to some colleges and they didn't really care, and as I'm writing this now, I can sort of see why, but I am totally buzzing right now.

Thats crazy man! Tell us all about this in the future if youre allowed to share :D

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

What does he buy from your company?? Crazy sh.t :))))

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Guys it’s finally arrived Righting Wrongs and let me say this is truly a fantastic release by 88 films and all that’s involved congratulations 

6954C584-D3B6-4538-A739-413572D4BA6F.jpeg

D7904B28-35DB-4062-ACA8-75A2408C174A.jpeg

3CA79845-55FD-4C1E-AF21-AC9C916458E2.jpeg

0AF1EF8F-7964-4E67-A67F-730B036D305F.jpeg

DE375346-BBD2-475F-817F-C55B076BE6B3.jpeg

980FBBC8-118F-4D0E-B331-9775B09A375C.jpeg

822F785C-E5E4-4695-B208-2F9B3A60F587.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Since 88 make these deluxe releases more often since young master I assume that the demand is on a satisfying level.  And since they rerelease some older releases I really hope that they give some heavyweights (like Operation Condor, Miracles etc.) the deluxe treatment. And also (10x please) the JetLi classics and other JC stuf like Twin Dragons or Project A etc. As long as they dont come at the same time I'll buy all of them, I promise :).

• Like 2

sifu iron perm
On 10/16/2022 at 8:55 PM, kuenfist said:

Ebola syndrome is out on 4K from Vinegar Syndrome and it is a amazing disc. Have it in my collection and watched it with friends several times. One of the Cat3 classics and so funny.

is it out on their website?

Any idea if the UK release will be uncut?

EDIT! ignore as i have the VS release! 

Edited by sifu iron perm
  • Like 1