The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

TigerCage1990
18 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I hope that this whole matter won't mean the fall of the 88 Films company...

I wouldn't say that but less people who aren't fans of Bey Logan won't be buying from them.

Will be interesting to see 88's response to all this if they ever do one. TBH I care way more about the movies being released at all and what could come in the future.

TigerCage1990

Whatever Bey has on them. It's working enough alot of people who worked with 88 are staying clear away from them.  I wonder who's  next, Frank Djeng?

Yeah I expect more contributors to drop out. Brandon Bentley has an announcement Friday according to his twitter. Luckily there are plenty of other labels releasing films like this (Eureka, Arrow, ERROR4444, and the one I am most excited about being the Cauldron/Mondo sub label yet to be announced).  Just a shame that this is self inflicted damage because thus far the output from 88 has been fantastic.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

I hope that this whole matter won't mean the fall of the 88 Films company...

That would be exaggerated, I sincerely hope not.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

That would be exaggerated, I sincerely hope not.

Well, if people don't want to buy anymore as long as they use this guy, and if the other guys who did comments for them get away from them as long as he is on board, that could lead people who buy only to get the comments to go away too and hence, no more sales... I sincerely hope not too, of course.

27 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Well, if people don't want to buy anymore as long as they use this guy.

I imagine the number of people boycotting 88 Films is rather low and won’t affect the company all that much.

I myself has posted my chagrin at Bey Logan being brought on board but I’ll still buy their releases. Why? Because I can’t pass up on wonderful releases of these movies. Logan or no Logan, these are gems to me. I’ll just choose to ignore the special features he’s a part of if I feel that strongly.

I imagine it’s the same with a lot of people. Disappointment but not enough to give up their releases entirely.

• Like 8
  • Buddha Bless You 1

TigerCage1990
8 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I imagine the number of people boycotting 88 Films is rather low and won’t affect the company all that much.

I myself has posted my chagrin at Bey Logan being brought on board but I’ll still buy their releases. Why? Because I can’t pass up on wonderful releases of these movies. Logan or no Logan, these are gems to me. I’ll just choose to ignore the special features he’s a part of if I feel that strongly.

I imagine it’s the same with a lot of people. Disappointment but not enough to give up their releases entirely.

I'm the same way, even if im not a Bey Logan fan.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

When I buy these movies it's because I love "the movie", my last purchase was Police Story 3 because i'm a Jackie Chan fan and I don't think of them in any other way regardless of who worked on the release or even who else appears on the disc in the special features. As you say if people feel strongly about an individual they could simply ignore the features they're involved in. Actually for many films I don't even bother listening to commentaries and stuff anyway as some are a bit dull, I don't think the average film buyer really cares about Bey Logan and I agree the number of people actually boycotting 88 Films will be small.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, andy338 said:

Actually for many films I don't even bother listening to commentaries and stuff anyway as some are a bit dull.

The commentary for Steve Wang's Drive should be the blueprint for all AC - lively group commentary with only those involved with the film.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cognoscente said:

The commentary for Steve Wang's Drive should be the blueprint for all AC - lively group commentary with only those involved with the film.

Yes, that's one I have listened to and enjoyed. I agree getting people actually involved with the movie is a good start.

• Like 2

TigerCage1990
5 minutes ago, Cognoscente said:

One of my favorite commentaries of all time. 

11 minutes ago, andy338 said:

When I buy these movies it's because I love "the movie", my last purchase was Police Story 3 because i'm a Jackie Chan fan and I don't think of them in any other way regardless of who worked on the release or even who else appears on the disc in the special features. As you say if people feel strongly about an individual they could simply ignore the features they're involved in. Actually for many films I don't even bother listening to commentaries and stuff anyway as some are a bit dull, I don't think the average film buyer really cares about Bey Logan and I agree the number of people actually boycotting 88 Films will be small.

Some of them can be dull depending on who you're listening to.  The commentaries can be interesting depending on who it is,

• Like 1

88, it’s time to do the right thing and drop Bey Logan. And from a release quality and financial standpoint, is keeping him really worth losing all those valuable collaborators and customers? That decision would appear to be a no-brainer all round.

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 6

OldPangYau is now gone as well:

Fe-difPWIAA5UGq?format=png&name=small

An absolute travesty since he was a major part as to why the releases were so great. This outcome could have been easily been avoided if 88 had simply done the right thing. I wonder if the people who were happy with Bey coming back are glad to see the fallout from this stupid decision.

• Like 5
  • Sad 5
  • Angry 1

TigerCage1990
14 minutes ago, nahnahnah said:

An absolute travesty since he was a major part as to why the releases were so great. This outcome could have been easily been avoided if 88 had simply done the right thing. I wonder if the people who were happy with Bey coming back are glad to see the fallout from this stupid decision.

Brandon is a good guy who is sticking to his own principles.  I can't imagine anyone being happy with any decision 88 has made sticking with Bey Logan even Samm Deighan has backed out of 88 Flims because of Bey's involvement.

• Like 6

Killer Meteor
18 minutes ago, nahnahnah said:

Yeah, Brandon's commentaries were the best!

• Like 7

88, you’re f**king up big time. Who the f**k is in charge over there? Whoever you are, you’re shooting yourself in the goddamned foot. Please get a f**king goddamned clue and quit supporting this abusive douchebag. The people you’re losing are far more valuable to the cause than Bey Logan, and not toxic asswipes.

• Like 2

sifu iron perm

They've been releasing stuff without Bey for all this time and now decide to invite him in? LOL

I think it was an experimental idea and get the audience to shed their views and opinions? 

• Like 2