The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

9 hours ago, nahnahnah said:

The 4K releases for Supercop and Dragons Forever are going to contain both Bluray and 4K:

LwoVOS2.jpeg

Man I totally lost track. Do we have 3 supercop releases at the same time now??? 

Are the Blurays of the 4k editions also regionfree like 4k's?

1 hour ago, AslanBey said:

Man I totally lost track. Do we have 3 supercop releases at the same time now??? 

Are the Blurays of the 4k editions also regionfree like 4k's?

88's Supercop is a US release. Not sure about the blu-rays being region free. 

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

54 minutes ago, Asmo said:

88's Supercop is a US release. Not sure about the blu-rays being region free. 

The Blu rays by 88 films US editions should be Region A only The same with Dragons Forever 4k The Blu ray ONLY as it is stateside. The Dragons Forever 4k will be Region for US and UK versions that are released

maybe someone can confirm this 

Edited by Graysman
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, AslanBey said:

How is "iceman cometh" as a whole and considering martial arts? Is this a martial arts movie? Someone with a minireview for an ignorant fan?

Defo worth getting I'd say. Just the Biao vs. Yuen Wah finale (one of how many, five?) should be reason enough to add this to your basket. 

• Like 7

Bey Logan commentary on Iceman Cometh - That's a surprise, hope more of these will be used as well as some of the interviews and other extras he was involved in. It'd be a shame to lose them.

Edited by andy338
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, andy338 said:

Bey Logan commentary on Iceman Cometh - That's a surprise, hope more of these will be used as well as some of the interviews and other extras he was involved in. It'd be a shame to lose them.

Please say that they are FINALLY starting to use Bey's commantaries and extras. Thats everything that has been missing so far. Lets cross fingers that the upcoming Dragons Forever UHD has Bey's extras and that this is the new standard.

• Like 5

On 9/23/2022 at 7:57 PM, JCLegend86 said:

Please say that they are FINALLY starting to use Bey's commantaries and extras. Thats everything that has been missing so far. Lets cross fingers that the upcoming Dragons Forever UHD has Bey's extras and that this is the new standard.

I sent Bey a message on facebook and he replied saying he's shot a couple of interviews for 88 films and recorded a new commentary for Police Story III, so it looks like they'll be using more of his stuff. As I said previously it'd be good to add his old commentaries to new releases.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, andy338 said:

I sent Bey a message on facebook and he replied saying he's shot a couple of interviews for 88 films and recorded a new commentary for Police Story III, so it looks like they'll be using more of his stuff. As I said previously it'd be good to add his old commentaries to new releases.

Holy sh*t thats awesome news. Thanx for sharing. 88's release of Supercop is going to be freaking epic!

9 minutes ago, pressureworld said:

Does anyone know if Snake in the Eagles Shadow is OOP. It's been out of stock for a while and I'm trying to figure out what's going on. 

It is, they were only able to have it in print for one year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, pressureworld said:

Thanks, I don't know if I should pick it up or wait and hope someone else releases it. 

I'd say pick it up because the Roy Horan interview is really good.

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 2

On 9/22/2022 at 1:35 AM, nahnahnah said:

The 4K releases for Supercop and Dragons Forever are going to contain both Bluray and 4K:

LwoVOS2.jpeg

Can anyone describe the whole deal with the color grading of the 4K scans of both the Eureka (received the 4K boxset last week) and 88 Films UHD release of Police Story 3? Is Eureka's scan inaccurate and 88's accurate? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by DiP

• Administrator
14 hours ago, pressureworld said:

Does anyone know if Snake in the Eagles Shadow is OOP. It's been out of stock for a while and I'm trying to figure out what's going on. 

As @panzer replied, it IS out-of-print.

11 hours ago, pressureworld said:

Thanks, I don't know if I should pick it up or wait and hope someone else releases it. 

9 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

I'd say pick it up because the Roy Horan interview is really good.

Yes, definitely try to find a copy. This edition looks fantastic PQ-wise and that Roy Horan interview is outstanding (filmed shortly before he passed away). There's also an audio commentary on there by stuntman/action choreographer/author John Kreng (which I guest on) that's a good listen.

You can still find copies on eBay.

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Full list of Specs for Dragons Forever:

• 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) of the Hong Kong Version [94 mins] in original 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio
  • Cantonese-language options in Dolby Atmos and mono with newly translated subtitles and SDH
  • English Mono Hybrid Dub
  • 2002 Remixed English 5.1
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) of the CYCLONE Z Version [98 mins] [Produced exclusively for the Japanese market, this Cantonese-language version includes two extra scenes and an ending with outtakes]
  • Cantonese language options in Dolby Atmos and mono with newly translated subtitles and SDH
  • English Mono Hybrid Dub
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) of the International Version [94 mins] [Commissioned by Golden Harvest for international audiences outside Asia] with the English Dub and optional English SDH
  • [New] Audio Commentary by Frank Djeng and FJ DeSanto [Japanese Cut]
  • Audio Commentary with Mike Leeder and Arne Venema [Hong Kong Cut]
  • [New] Elite Stuntman: Interview with Chin Kar-Lok
  • [New] Writing for the Dragons: Interview with Szeto Cheuk-Hon
  • Benny Forever: Interview with Benny “The Jet” Urquidez
  • Discussing Dragons Forever: Interview with David Desser
  • Hong Kong Cinema Forever: Interview with Mike Leeder
  • Working with the Dragons: Interview with Jude Poyer
  • The Legacy of Dragons Forever Featurette with today’s actors & martial artists including Troy Sandford, Chris Jones, Ross Boyask, Maria Tran, Mike Leeder, Jean-Paul Ly, Mark Strange, Mike Moeller, George Clarke, Jude Poyer & Steve Lawson
  • Double Jeopardy: An Interview with Brad Allen
  • Beyond Gravity: An Interview with Joe Eigo
  • Thai Breaker: An Interview with Billy Chow
  • Kick Fighter: An Interview with Andy Cheng
  • Out-takes & Behind the Scenes [HD]
  • English Trailer (HD)
  • Hong Kong Trailer (HD)
  • Music Video (English) & (Cantonese)
  • [NEW] Additional Cantonese Dialogue
  • Double-sided artwork featuring new art by Sean Longmore & original Hong Kong poster

• Like 12
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Regarding Dragons Forever we did new Cantonese Mono tracks for both the HK & Japanese Cuts using original audio stems and they sound fantastic!! :)

• Like 13
  • Buddha Bless You 2