The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

32 minutes ago, JCLegend86 said:

Is that officially the reason? 

not sure if you are serious, he's been cancelled for the last 5 years.What do you think the reason is?

1 hour ago, saltysam said:

Different transfers apparently

very interesting I wasn't going to double dip but this make me curious

• Like 2

2 hours ago, saltysam said:

not sure if you are serious, he's been cancelled for the last 5 years.What do you think the reason is?

Why wouldnt I be serious? I just thought allegations of sexual misconduct wasnt the reason for it, thats all. You have stars/artists doing bad shit every now and then, they dont stop releasing their material because of it. So yes, I thought maybe copyright stuff etc.. Idk what do I know

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, JCLegend86 said:

Why wouldnt I be serious? I just thought allegations of sexual misconduct wasnt the reason for it, thats all. You have stars/artists doing bad shit every now and then, they dont stop releasing their material because of it. So yes, I thought maybe copyright stuff etc.. Idk what do I know

It was a fair question.

@saltysam keep in mind that not everyone knows everything you do. You sharing your wealth of info is always appreciated.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 2

4 hours ago, saltysam said:

My days of double dipping are finished, if i rebuy something the previous release is moved on

lol you sound like a someone that drunk too much, and the next day swears off alcohol.... until later that evening :coveredlaugh

I'm just teasing you, but yeah double/triple/etc.. is getting old for me as well.. my wife/friends look at my collection all the time like "why do you have 3 of the same movie" lol

they'll never understand that it's because we're crazy :rofl

I personally am drawing a line in very light sand saying the Eureka 4k Trilogy is the final version I need!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

sifu iron perm
On 8/15/2022 at 2:53 AM, JCLegend86 said:

You are a fan like the rest of us so that's cool enough!

On 8/15/2022 at 5:40 AM, BigDruDogg said:

lol you sound like a someone that drunk too much, and the next day swears off alcohol.... until later that evening :coveredlaugh

I'm just teasing you, but yeah double/triple/etc.. is getting old for me as well.. my wife/friends look at my collection all the time like "why do you have 3 of the same movie" lol

they'll never understand that it's because we're crazy :rofl

I personally am drawing a line in very light sand saying the Eureka 4k Trilogy is the final version I need!!

until 8K is brought to us in its heavenly glory..

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

• Administrator

Here's a WIP photo teaser (though it's been finished at this point) for an upcoming 88 Films release.

It's a kung fu "McGuffin", and a lot of dangerous people (some also disarmingly beautiful) are after it at any cost. Stay tuned for details... #secretkungfumanual #88films #yourstylecanneverbeatmine #whatcoulditbe?

20220810_121426.jpg

• Like 9
  • Buddha Bless You 2

13 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Here's a WIP photo teaser (though it's been finished at this point) for an upcoming 88 Films release.

It's a kung fu "McGuffin", and a lot of dangerous people (some also disarmingly beautiful) are after it at any cost. Stay tuned for details...

Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin?

• Like 4

Killer Meteor
2 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin?

Doesn't appear to be. At least, it doesn't match the title of the film.

Anyone have a screenshot of the book from the film?

EDIT: Yep. Snake & Crane!

So proper subtitles this time? And maybe just one "The End" title card, rather than two?

Edited by Killer Meteor
  • Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Killer Meteor

If they're re-doing the JC/Lo Wei films, the following need fixing:

NEW FIST OF FURY - pre-credit sequence and scenes of Jackie and his uncle racing to the dock on Mandarin version seem very zoomed in, possibly to hide theatrical subtitles.

SHAOLIN WOODEN MEN - missing day-for-night filter for scene where Jackie follows monks to the dungeon. Missing from most releases, but present on two old English language video masters.

SPIRITUAL KUNG FU - missing day-for-night filters in scenes where manual is stolen

DRAGON FIST - Probably needs a brand new master, but check colour timing matches old releases. Previous BD has weird "sunset" filters over opening celebration sequence, and later "night" scene is missing night filters.

• Like 4

Master with OK Fingers
10 minutes ago, bickle14 said:

Leaked via MVD.

qfEJSOi.jpg

I like how Brad Allan shares top billing and is front and center of the cover. Seems like a nice tribute 

• Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 8/14/2022 at 4:40 PM, BigDruDogg said:

I think 36th Chamber of Shaolin is going to be a quad dip for me. I had the Dragon Dynasty DVD, the Dragon Dynasty blu-ray, the 36th Chamber of Shaolin Trilogy blu-ray from Hong Kong, and now the Shawscope vol. 2 set. And that's it! I don't plan on upgrading to 4K. At least for now. :blush 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

It's a kung fu "McGuffin", and a lot of dangerous people (some also disarmingly beautiful) are after it at any cost. Stay tuned for details... #secretkungfumanual #88films #yourstylecanneverbeatmine #whatcoulditbe?

20220810_121426.jpg

I thought that it was Tian Long Ba Bu due to the character "eight" in the title, but it doesn't fit the Chinese characters for this title.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickle14 said:

Leaked via MVD.

qfEJSOi.jpg

This could be an opportunity to improve the subtitles on the HK bluray, and probably include a meatier 5.1 soundtrack.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bickle14 said:

Leaked via MVD.

qfEJSOi.jpg

That cover depicts a surprising amount of detail of Shu Qi's left nipple.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, bickle14 said:

Frank Djeng posted on Instagram that The Iceman Cometh will be out by the end of the year too.

That's what I suspected. 88's title hint picture has the initials "IC" shown among titles to be continued.

• Like 1