The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

HeavenSword

Man , I’m gettin super excited for August and September , especially for Dragon's Forever, Righting Wrongs and the Police Story Trilogy ( Eureka) . I just need the Tiger Cage box set and On The Run now  , both will be first time watches . Dragons Forever is a first also ( I know, I’m super late ). 

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Just received "The Dragon Missile" from ebay. Luckily I managed get one with slipcase.

I was a bit surprised, however, because there was no booklet included (the Blu-ray was still sealed). Can someone please confirm that there was no booklet for this release in the first run either?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HeavenSword said:

Man , I’m gettin super excited for August and September , especially for Dragon's Forever, Righting Wrongs and the Police Story Trilogy ( Eureka) . I just need the Tiger Cage box set and On The Run now  , both will be first time watches . Dragons Forever is a first also ( I know, I’m super late ). 

That is my exact buy list for August and September also, along with Drive 4K from 88Films 😄 Crazy times!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, lastninja said:

Just received "The Dragon Missile" from ebay. Luckily I managed get one with slipcase.

I was a bit surprised, however, because there was no booklet included (the Blu-ray was still sealed). Can someone please confirm that there was no booklet for this release in the first run either?

Just checked and my copy has the booklet. (if you can call it that, 4 pages :hi)

• Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane
13 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Does anyone can tell me if Drive is a movie worth to get, please ?

It is.

• Like 5

thundered mantis
2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

From an action standpoint, it is excellent.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Yes, definitely.

• Like 3

AlexanderFu
3 hours ago, DiP said:

My copy of Martial Club shipped today. Should be getting it in two weeks.

I was just gonna say! I also ordered it on Amazon, but I'm returning it because they always try to send non slip cover versions when the description says 'Special Version'! I don't like Amazon much but they are good with returns, I'll give them that. I guess Flying Guillotines II and that it for a while?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AlexanderFu said:

I was just gonna say! I also ordered it on Amazon, but I'm returning it because they always try to send non slip cover versions when the description says 'Special Version'! I don't like Amazon much but they are good with returns, I'll give them that. I guess Flying Guillotines II and that it for a while?

I ordered mine directly from 88's website. Their shipping charges have dropped significantly and are now at £5.99.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 3

AlexanderFu
1 hour ago, DiP said:

I ordered mine directly from 88's website. Their shipping charges have dropped significantly and are now at £5.99.

My bad, I meant to say I bought it at the 88 site and also amazon, just because I know I can return to Amazon unopened. I'm trying to increase my odds of getting the special edition! I put for faith in 88 than Amazon, but shipping is7.50 pounds. I do the conversion on the computer but it's usually 28$ US per movie from the U.K.

13 hours ago, AlexanderFu said:

My bad, I meant to say I bought it at the 88 site and also amazon, just because I know I can return to Amazon unopened. I'm trying to increase my odds of getting the special edition! I put for faith in 88 than Amazon, but shipping is7.50 pounds. I do the conversion on the computer but it's usually 28$ US per movie from the U.K.

you'll get the slip version from both.

• Like 1

OpiumKungFuCracker

Hello everyone! Can someone show me their current 88 films collection so far? I'll post what I have so far later on today!! Thanks! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, saltysam said:

Just checked and my copy has the booklet. (if you can call it that, 4 pages :hi)

Thanks for the info. Guess the slipcase and keepcase, from the set I got, weren't originally together.

Damn it. :sad

Edited by lastninja

With the release of Flying Guillotine 2, is there any chance 88 re-issues Flying Guillotine? Or is it more likely that Arrow has the rights to this now?

• Like 1

With us almost at 88's last currently planned Shaw's release coming out next month, it felt like a good time to make an updated video running through all the 36 titles they've put out so far, somebody was asking here a few days ago for a complete list of all the Shaw's titles they released.

Here is the full series :)

• Like 7

Received my limited edition The Seventh Curse blu ray a while ago but just took it out of the shrinkwrap today to watch it and I was surprised at artwork on the blu ray label. I was thinking @KUNG FU BOB has gotten bold with his artwork until I realized it wasn't his artwork at all. :doh   Props to Sean though, he did another splendid job as i've liked his previous work on Dragons Forever and the one he did for Righting Wrongs too.

• Like 3

Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but there’s some pretty glaring errors in the final essay in The Seventh Curse accompanying booklet. Not sure how they slipped through the proof read. Apart from that fantastic set!

• Like 2

AlexanderFu

I wonder why The Flying Guillotine II isn't on the 88 home page but Amazon has it for pre order (August 9th release or close to that)? I keep checking but it is nowhere to be found.

2 hours ago, AlexanderFu said:

I wonder why The Flying Guillotine II isn't on the 88 home page but Amazon has it for pre order (August 9th release or close to that)? I keep checking but it is nowhere to be found.

88 are notoriously slow listing their upcoming titles early.

• Like 2

Martial Club blu ray packaging gives a run time of 118 minutes,it actually runs just under 108 including celestial logos.

• Confused 1