The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

JCLegend86
8 hours ago, dnuts24 said:

Whats up fellow fans?  I love the time we are living in.  It is so great for a kung fu fan.  I have been watching for many years back when many of us caught the bug here in the states, during Kung Fu Theater and Black Belt Theater.   I have all of the martial arts releases from 88, Eureka and Arrow.  I am missing a few booklets and slip covers.  Does any one of have any leads on these?  

88 - Crime Story

88 - Killer Constable

88 - Miracles

88 - The Protector

Eureka - City Hunter

Eureka - Drunken Master

Eureka - Wheels on Meals

Eureka - Zu Warriors

Like i said, i have every release but those above i am only missing the booklets and slips.  Has anyone seen these individual things for sale online?  Thanks in advance.  

I dont think Eureka's Drunken Master came with a slip and I think will come with a booklet even if you order it new from Eureka today. I think, someone might be able to confirm this. 

• Like 2

StarDestroyer52
3 hours ago, JCLegend86 said:

I dont think Eureka's Drunken Master came with a slip and I think will come with a booklet even if you order it new from Eureka today. I think, someone might be able to confirm this. 

Only Classics titles have limited booklets. Since Drunken Master is a Masters of Cinema release, it should come with a booklet no matter what.

• Like 2

Doctor Schimmel Schnabel from Switzerland

@88Films:

a Michael Chan Wai-Man Box-Set with all his films from 1972-1995

and

the unrealeased Shaw titles Godfather's Fury (1978, also with Michael Chan Wai-Man) and The Psychopath (1978)

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Killer Meteor
9 minutes ago, Doctor Schimmel Schnabel from Switzerland said:

@88Films:

and

the unrealeased Shaw titles Godfather's Fury (1978, also with Michael Chan Wai-Man) and The Psychopath (1978)

Unless someone has remastered them already, don't hold your breath!

Personally, I'd like some Bruceploitation titles. Some have been remastered for the big box-set, but when is that coming out?

• Like 1

ShawAngela
3 minutes ago, Killer Meteor said:

Unless someone has remastered them already, don't hold your breath!

Personally, I'd like some Bruceploitation titles. Some have been remastered for the big box-set, but when is that coming out?

Which big boxset ?!

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Ahh Beloved 88 Films,

What a glorious ride the first 36 ( chambers;) of your numbered Shaw Brothers series has been.

I've picked up every one of them and will absolutely continue to do so, keep that numbered chain going pretty please!

Now that we know most of the 14 titles included in Arrow's Shawscope Volume 2 Boxset.

(Mad Monkey Kung Fu, 36th Chamber of Shaolin, Return to the 36th Chamber, Invincible Shaolin, Magnificent Ruffians,

Kid With the Golden Arm, 10 tigers of Kwantung, Mercenaries from Hong Kong, My Young Auntie, Boxer's Omen)

I'm hopeful for some of the more weird and wonderful entries from Shaw's Back catalogue from you guys..

And would also adore it if you could finish out a few of the series you've already put out one entry from.

Any ( or all) of the following would be AMAZING!

Lady is the Boss

Cat Vs Rat

Demon of the Lute

Bastard Swordsman 1+2

Holy Flame of the Martial World

Brave Archer 2

Brave Archer 3

Brave Archer and His mate

Return of the One Armed Swordsman

The New One Armed Swordsman

The Magic Blade

Killer Clans

2 Champions of Shaolin

Legend of the Fox

The Shadow Boxing

Ode To Gallantry

The Sword Stained with Royal Blood

Treasure Hunters

Life Gamble

Na Cha The Great

Monkey Goes West

Crazy Shaolin Disciples

Martial Arts of Shaolin ( Shaolin Temple 3)

The Web of Death

Marco Polo

The Kid with The Tattoo

Police Force

The Savage Five

Heaven and Hell

Shaolin Rescuers

Shaolin Daredevils

Delightful Forest

The Avenging Eagle

The Kung Fu Instructor

The Master

• Like 7

AlexanderFu

I think anything with a sequel should go into 1 volume.

36 Chambers (3 movies)

Sentimental Swordsman (3 movies)

Legend of the Bat/Clans of Intrigue. (2 movies)

Brave Archer (4 or 5, depending on how you look at little Dragon Maiden).

There's a set right there, and it doesn't clog up spots on other volumes that could use releases of some astounding movies. I just hope I see the day To Kill a Mastermind gets the BR treatment.

a Shaw/Ku Lung/Chor Yuen set could make a nice 12 movie set.   

I love Monkey Fung Fu, but I can't watch Mad Monkey Kung Fu that often - as if I have to say, the little Monkey is why! (And that's all I'll say!).

Edited by AlexanderFu
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, AlexanderFu said:

I love Monkey Fung Fu, but I can't watch Mad Monkey Kung Fu that often - as if I have to say, the little Monkey is why! (And that's all I'll say!).

Yes, I feel the same! Monkey Kung Fu, 'Gibbon Fist'  has always been my go to movie, over Mad Monkey Kung Fu. Classic Shapes!

Bless

• Like 2

ShawAngela
6 hours ago, AlexanderFu said:

Sentimental Swordsman (3 movies)

There are only two movies.

Perils of the sentimental swordsman has nothing to do with the hero Xiao Li, as it's a Lu Xiao Feng's story, that should be in a same boxset as Duel of the century and Clan of amazons, should a boxset be made.

• Like 3

AlexanderFu
1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

There are only two movies.

Perils of the sentimental swordsman has nothing to do with the hero Xiao Li, as it's a Lu Xiao Feng's story, that should be in a same boxset as Duel of the century and Clan of amazons, should a boxset be made.

For the sake of title continuity I'd put Perils in the set with the other 2, but I know it's not really a 'whats-his-name' story. Funny, I've seen at least 2 other movies done using the Ghost Mansion premise. One with Barry Chan, the other I forget. Always cool to see these plot devices show up in other movies :)

• Like 2

Let me add another vote for Cub Tiger From Kwangtung (1973). And I’ll also take Rumble In Hong Kong (1973). Those are two early Jackie flicks that desperately need a proper rescue. In fact, they’d make a great double-feature.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

I'm not a big fan of box sets. I always have the feeling that the films don't get the same appreciation as when they were released individually. Just think of the beautiful artwork that is specially made for the Blu-ray packaging these days. For that reason alone I want a separate release for each film.

Also, I need to find the movies I own as quickly as possible if I want to watch them. Individual publications can easily be sorted alphabetically. Another problem with box sets. :smile

• Like 2

I agree. But then again, it have to sell. I would buy the sh*t out of the really early Jackie titles, but Im not sure 1000s of other will, then box sets makes sense. However, the Samme 3 box sets doesnt make sense, but that was Eureka testing the waters. Id really like an individual release for Eastern Condors. Like, really!! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JCLegend86 said:

Id really like an individual release for Eastern Condors. Like, really!! 

There is a German mediabook for this one, if I'm not mistaken, but i don't knwo if it has English subbed or dubbed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

There is a German mediabook for this one, if I'm not mistaken, but i don't knwo if it has English subbed or dubbed.

Yeah, that is a problem

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

Let me add another vote for Cub Tiger From Kwangtung (1973). And I’ll also take Rumble In Hong Kong (1973). Those are two early Jackie flicks that desperately need a proper rescue. In fact, they’d make a great double-feature.

Cub Tiger alone could make a good box set, coupled with the multiple cuts (I think there are at least two, maybe more?) of Master With Cracked Fingers. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, starschwar said:

Cub Tiger alone could make a good box set, coupled with the multiple cuts (I think there are at least two, maybe more?) of Master With Cracked Fingers. 

True, although to be honest I can personally live without MwCF, especially since I have the German Blu already, and that bastardization is so terrible. I’d much rather have RiHK.

On 7/8/2022 at 2:37 PM, Doctor Schimmel Schnabel from Switzerland said:

@88Films:

and

Can't tell if serious or trolling?

Killer Meteor
On 7/8/2022 at 10:51 PM, ShawAngela said:

Which big boxset ?!

It's been in development for years from that guy who does the Bruceploitation podcasts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

True, although to be honest I can personally live without MwCF, especially since I have the German Blu already, and that bastardization is so terrible. I’d much rather have RiHK.

I think theres two cuts MwCF even. Id really like a box set of that and the original cub. And put RiHk as an extra also. Im sure theres not much bonus material for these videos anyway. Would be pretty sick if it were though. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

It's been in development for years from that guy who does the Bruceploitation podcasts.

Thanks, but it doesn't ring a bell at all for me.😇

Killer Meteor
3 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Thanks, but it doesn't ring a bell at all for me.😇

That's not my fault.

• Haha 1