The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
1 hour ago, AslanBey said:

Even more i would like to see the JetLi classics. FongSaiYuk getting the deluxe treatment with KungFuBob artwork would be mesmerizing.

Oh yeah, I'd love that!

Better yet, a FONG SAI-YUK double feature that includes the sequel too. The blindfolded alley fight when Jet uses all the katanas is one of my favorite scenes he's ever done.

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1

actionfan93

Well 88 Films since your listening here's my Hong Kong Action wish list not a huge one since you and other labels have fulfilled many of my requests so thanks a bunch for all the work you and others have done at getting our favorites out there in their best video quality possible

Girls with guns

Angel and maybe Angel 2

Killer Angels

In the line of Duty 1-4 or 1-5

Dreaming the Reality

Princess Madam

Hong Kong Action

Jackie Chan's Who Am I

Hard Boiled-Long Shot I know but who knows in the future what will happen

The Killer- Same as Hard Boiled unlikely but I am sure should the opportunity arise you will make a huge attempt at securing the rights

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1

ShawAngela
6 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Right on. Here's my 2 cents...

Hi 88 Films, thanks for listening to what your customers want. Yeah, I may do some artwork for you, but even if I wasn't I would 100% still have been buying every one of your Shaw Brothers Blu-rays (just as I did before I worked with you). So, as a fan, YES, PLEASE RELEASE MORE SHAW BROTHERS TITLES!!!

I'd love 88 releases of...

AVENGING EAGLE (1978, aka. Cold Blooded Eagles / Shaolin Hero / The Twelve Deadly Assassins)

DELIGHTFUL FOREST (1972, HK, aka. Outlaw of the Forest / Happy Forest / 7 Blows of the Dragon 3)

DRUNKEN MONKEY (2003, HK) Waaaay underrated! Anything with Lau Kar-Leung performing kung fu is gold.

HEROES TWO (1974, aka. Heroes 2 / Kung Fu Invaders / Bloody Fists / Bloody Brothers / Fang Shih Yu  and Hung Hsi Kuan)

HONG KONG GODFATHER (1985, aka. Hong Kong Godfathers / Heroes of Tsim Shat Tsui)

INTIMATE CONFESSIONS OF A CHINESE COURTESAN (1972, HK)

INVINCIBLE SHAOLIN (1977, Hong Kong, aka. Unbeatable Dragon / North Shaolin VS South Shaolin / Shaolin Bloodshed)

LADY IS THE BOSS (1983, Hong Kong)

LEGEND OF THE SEVEN GOLDEN VAMPIRES (1974, HK/UK, aka. SEVEN BROTHERS MEET DRACULA)

MARTIAL ARTS OF SHAOLIN (1986, China, aka. Shaolin Temple 3 / North & South Shaolin / Arahan)

NEW ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN (1971, Hong Kong, aka. Triple Irons / The One Armed Swordsman)

ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN 2 (1968, HK, aka. Return of the One-Armed Swordsman / One Armed Swordsman Returns)

RETURN OF THE CHINESE BOXER (1977, HK, aka. Chinese Boxer 2 / Revenge of the Samurai)

RETURN OF THE ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN (1968, HK, aka. One-Armed Swordsman 2 / One Armed Swordsman Returns)

SACRED KNIVES OF VENGEANCE (1972, aka. The Killer)

SHAOLIN PRINCE (1983, HK, aka. Death Mask of the Ninja / Iron Fingers of Death / Iron Fingers of  Shaolin / Prince of Shaolin / Wu Tang Prince)

TEN TIGERS OF KWANGTUNG (1979, Hong Kong, aka. Ten Tigers From Kuangtung / Ten Tigers of Kuangtung / 10 Tigers of Kwangtung)

THREE EVIL MASTERS (1980, Hong Kong, aka. The Master / 3 Evil Masters)

VENGEANCE (1970, Hong Kong, aka. Vengeance! / Kung Fu Vengeance)

And maybe... :itwasntme

BOXER REBELLION (1976, aka. Bloody Avengers / Spiritual Fists)

DEADLY BREAKING SWORD (1979, HK)

DEADLY DUO, THE (1971, HK)

DUEL OF THE IRON FIST (1971, aka. Duel of the Iron Fists / The Duel / Iron Fist Village / Duel of the Shaolin Fists)

HOLY FLAME OF THE MARTIAL WORLD (1983)

I WILL FINALLY KNOCK YOU DOWN DAD! (1984, HK)

KID FROM KWANGTUNG (1982, HK, aka. Kwangtung Warriors)

KILLER ARMY (1980, Hong Kong, Hong Kong, aka. The Guerilla / Guerillas / Rebel Intruders)

KUNG FU INSTRUCTOR, THE (1979, Hong Kong)

LIFE GAMBLE (1979, HK, aka. Life Combat)

MAGIC BLADE, THE (1976, Hong Kong)

MAGNIFICENT RUFFIANS, THE (1979, Hong Kong, aka. Destroyers of the Five Deadly Venoms /  The Destroyers)

MARCO POLO (1975, Hong Kong, aka. The Four Assassins / The 4 Assassins)

MASTER OF DISASTER (1981, aka. Treasure Hunters / Brother Dragon Tiger)

MASTER STRIKES BACK, THE (1985, Hong Kong)

MEN FROM THE MONASTERY (1974, aka. Disciples of Death)

MY REBELLIOUS SON (1982, Hong Kong, aka. Raging Tiger)

NEW SHAOLIN BOXER (1976, Hong Kong, aka. Grandmaster of Kung Fu / Grandmaster of Death / DemonFists of Kung Fu / New Shaolin Boxers / Choy Lay Fat Kid / Mad Boy / Silly Boy)

OPIUM AND THE KUNG FU MASTER (1984, HK, aka. Master of the Hung Clan / The Lightning Fists of Shaolin)

PROUD TWINS, THE (1979, HK)

SAVAGE FIVE (1974, HK)

SECRET SERVICE OF THE IMPERIAL COURT (1984, HK, aka. Police Pool of Blood)

SHAOLIN AVENGERS (1976, HK, aka. Invincible Kung Fu Brothers)

SHAOLIN HAND LOCK (1978, HK, aka. Shaolin Hand Lock)

SHAOLIN INTRUDERS (1983, HK, aka. Battle For Shaolin)

SHAOLIN RESCUERS (1979, HK, aka. Avenging Warriors of Shaolin / Avenging Warriors)

SWORD STAINED WITH ROYAL BLOOD, THE (1981, Hong Kong)

TWO CHAMPIONS OF SHAOLIN (1980, Hong Kong, aka. Two Champions of Death / 2 Champions of  Shaolin / Shaolin and Wu Dang)

Now you other media-collecting forum peeps please ask for your wants. :bigsmile:

Oh, yes, Vengeance, Drunken monkey, The Deadly duo, The duel and Shaolin handlock, yes, yes, yes !!

And yes to all the other ones you mentioned ! I would add :

The proud youth

Have sword will travel

King Eagle

Swordswomen three

Black butterfly 

Twelve gold medallions 

Duel for gold

Death Valley

Valley of the fangs 

And...So many other ones !!

• Like 6

Master with OK Fingers

While were making lists, here is what I am hopeful for one day.

I have to complete my JC collection so

Fantasy Mission Force

Master With Cracked Fingers/Cub Tiger from Canton/Snake fist fighter

Who Am I

Mr Nice Guy

Thunderbolt

Drunken Master II

Twin Dragons (please, please, please!!)

Then moving away from JC, I would love to see the following shown the 88films love.

The China O'Brien movies

No Retreat, No Surrender Box Set

King Of the Kickboxers

Only The Strong

Bloodsport

College Kickboxers

Showdown

Bloodfist

Ring of Fire

Angel Town

To Be the Best

Shootfighter

Martial Law 1&2

Rage & Honor 1&2

The Perfect Weapon

• Like 7

11 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Oh yeah, I'd love that!

Better yet, a FONG SAI-YUK double feature that includes the sequel too. The blindfolded alley fight when Jet uses all the katanas is one of my favorite scenes he's ever done.

Magnificent scene.

Or saving the corpse of his friend...and the score... uuuuu goosebumps

• Like 3

I'd really like to see anyone of these getting the 88 Films Blu-Ray treatment

The Avenging Eagle 

Kung Fu Instructor 

To Kill A Mastermind 

The Deadly Breaking Sword 

Five Superfighters 

The Master 

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, Tomowen79 said:

Please someone release a decent copy of Mystery of chess boxing.

Get the custom Blu-ray! 

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

thundered mantis
32 minutes ago, Irongod2112 said:

Please don't and be patient. :)

oh boy oh boy ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE YEAR!!!!!

• Like 4

Drunksnake

Dear 88 Films.

As I have been a good boy this year please may I have any Hong Kong action movies that don't have a decent release yet,  all done to your exceptional standards.

Thank you.

• Like 5

On 7/4/2022 at 4:29 PM, KUNG FU BOB said:

Right on. Here's my 2 cents...

Hi 88 Films, thanks for listening to what your customers want. Yeah, I may do some artwork for you, but even if I wasn't I would 100% still have been buying every one of your Shaw Brothers Blu-rays (just as I did before I worked with you). So, as a fan, YES, PLEASE RELEASE MORE SHAW BROTHERS TITLES!!!

I'd love 88 releases of...

AVENGING EAGLE (1978, aka. Cold Blooded Eagles / Shaolin Hero / The Twelve Deadly Assassins)

DELIGHTFUL FOREST (1972, HK, aka. Outlaw of the Forest / Happy Forest / 7 Blows of the Dragon 3)

DRUNKEN MONKEY (2003, HK) Waaaay underrated! Anything with Lau Kar-Leung performing kung fu is gold.

HEROES TWO (1974, aka. Heroes 2 / Kung Fu Invaders / Bloody Fists / Bloody Brothers / Fang Shih Yu  and Hung Hsi Kuan)

HONG KONG GODFATHER (1985, aka. Hong Kong Godfathers / Heroes of Tsim Shat Tsui)

INTIMATE CONFESSIONS OF A CHINESE COURTESAN (1972, HK)

INVINCIBLE SHAOLIN (1977, Hong Kong, aka. Unbeatable Dragon / North Shaolin VS South Shaolin / Shaolin Bloodshed)

LADY IS THE BOSS (1983, Hong Kong)

LEGEND OF THE SEVEN GOLDEN VAMPIRES (1974, HK/UK, aka. SEVEN BROTHERS MEET DRACULA)

MARTIAL ARTS OF SHAOLIN (1986, China, aka. Shaolin Temple 3 / North & South Shaolin / Arahan)

NEW ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN (1971, Hong Kong, aka. Triple Irons / The One Armed Swordsman)

ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN 2 (1968, HK, aka. Return of the One-Armed Swordsman / One Armed Swordsman Returns)

RETURN OF THE CHINESE BOXER (1977, HK, aka. Chinese Boxer 2 / Revenge of the Samurai)

RETURN OF THE ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN (1968, HK, aka. One-Armed Swordsman 2 / One Armed Swordsman Returns)

SACRED KNIVES OF VENGEANCE (1972, aka. The Killer)

SHAOLIN PRINCE (1983, HK, aka. Death Mask of the Ninja / Iron Fingers of Death / Iron Fingers of  Shaolin / Prince of Shaolin / Wu Tang Prince)

TEN TIGERS OF KWANGTUNG (1979, Hong Kong, aka. Ten Tigers From Kuangtung / Ten Tigers of Kuangtung / 10 Tigers of Kwangtung)

THREE EVIL MASTERS (1980, Hong Kong, aka. The Master / 3 Evil Masters)

VENGEANCE (1970, Hong Kong, aka. Vengeance! / Kung Fu Vengeance)

And maybe... :itwasntme

BOXER REBELLION (1976, aka. Bloody Avengers / Spiritual Fists)

DEADLY BREAKING SWORD (1979, HK)

DEADLY DUO, THE (1971, HK)

DUEL OF THE IRON FIST (1971, aka. Duel of the Iron Fists / The Duel / Iron Fist Village / Duel of the Shaolin Fists)

HOLY FLAME OF THE MARTIAL WORLD (1983)

I WILL FINALLY KNOCK YOU DOWN DAD! (1984, HK)

KID FROM KWANGTUNG (1982, HK, aka. Kwangtung Warriors)

KILLER ARMY (1980, Hong Kong, Hong Kong, aka. The Guerilla / Guerillas / Rebel Intruders)

KUNG FU INSTRUCTOR, THE (1979, Hong Kong)

LIFE GAMBLE (1979, HK, aka. Life Combat)

MAGIC BLADE, THE (1976, Hong Kong)

MAGNIFICENT RUFFIANS, THE (1979, Hong Kong, aka. Destroyers of the Five Deadly Venoms /  The Destroyers)

MARCO POLO (1975, Hong Kong, aka. The Four Assassins / The 4 Assassins)

MASTER OF DISASTER (1981, aka. Treasure Hunters / Brother Dragon Tiger)

MASTER STRIKES BACK, THE (1985, Hong Kong)

MEN FROM THE MONASTERY (1974, aka. Disciples of Death)

MY REBELLIOUS SON (1982, Hong Kong, aka. Raging Tiger)

NEW SHAOLIN BOXER (1976, Hong Kong, aka. Grandmaster of Kung Fu / Grandmaster of Death / DemonFists of Kung Fu / New Shaolin Boxers / Choy Lay Fat Kid / Mad Boy / Silly Boy)

OPIUM AND THE KUNG FU MASTER (1984, HK, aka. Master of the Hung Clan / The Lightning Fists of Shaolin)

PROUD TWINS, THE (1979, HK)

SAVAGE FIVE (1974, HK)

SECRET SERVICE OF THE IMPERIAL COURT (1984, HK, aka. Police Pool of Blood)

SHAOLIN AVENGERS (1976, HK, aka. Invincible Kung Fu Brothers)

SHAOLIN HAND LOCK (1978, HK, aka. Shaolin Hand Lock)

SHAOLIN INTRUDERS (1983, HK, aka. Battle For Shaolin)

SHAOLIN RESCUERS (1979, HK, aka. Avenging Warriors of Shaolin / Avenging Warriors)

SWORD STAINED WITH ROYAL BLOOD, THE (1981, Hong Kong)

TWO CHAMPIONS OF SHAOLIN (1980, Hong Kong, aka. Two Champions of Death / 2 Champions of  Shaolin / Shaolin and Wu Dang)

Now you other media-collecting forum peeps please ask for your wants. :bigsmile:

I think you just about covered it for me, especially HOLY FLAME OF THE MARTIAL WORLD!  🤜🔥🤛 

• Like 3

JCLegend86
On 7/5/2022 at 9:32 AM, Master with OK Fingers said:

While were making lists, here is what I am hopeful for one day.

I have to complete my JC collection so

Fantasy Mission Force

Master With Cracked Fingers/Cub Tiger from Canton/Snake fist fighter

Who Am I

Mr Nice Guy

Thunderbolt

Drunken Master II

Twin Dragons (please, please, please!!)

Then moving away from JC, I would love to see the following shown the 88films love.

The China O'Brien movies

No Retreat, No Surrender Box Set

King Of the Kickboxers

Bloodsport

Sorry for using your post as a template, I just agreed with a lot! Would also add: 

Double Impact

Lionheart

Death Warrant

Kickboxer

The Punisher 1989 

Showdown In Little Tokyo

Island of Fire

Police Story IV/First Strike

Gorgeous

The Victim

Pedicab Driver 

Pantyhose Hero

Magnificent Warriors

More Jet Li (Fist of Legend, Fong Sai Yuk 1&2++) 

Vintage Donnie Yen

In The Line of Fire Box Set

Pretty much anything Chow Yun Fat

80s Panna Rittikrai movies (Born To Fight/Thai Police Story etc) The guy were thai jackie chan at the time

Edited by JCLegend86
  • Like 3

Master with OK Fingers
47 minutes ago, JCLegend86 said:

Sorry for using your post as a template, I just agreed with a lot! Would also add: 

Double Impact

Lionheart

Death Warrant

Kickboxer

The Punisher 1989 

Showdown In Little Tokyo

Island of Fire

Police Story IV/First Strike

Gorgeous

The Victim

Pedicab Driver 

Pantyhose Hero

Magnificent Warriors

More Jet Li (Fist of Legend, Fong Sai Yuk 1&2++) 

Vintage Donnie Yen

In The Line of Fire Box Set

Pretty much anything Chow Yun Fat

80s Panna Rittikrai movies (Born To Fight/Thai Police Story etc) The guy were thai jackie chan at the time

no worries, I'm glad you did. I can't believe I forgot some of those lol

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Chemical Lemon

I have to second just about everything mentioned already. But specific to SB also want to list a few that might not be on the radar or might have some obstacles getting or releasing. In particular now that 88 is releasing in the US maybe a couple movies that likely can’t be released uncut in the UK.  And as a general overview in addition to the always reliable chang cheh and Lau kar Leung, anything Sun Chung, Kuei Chi Hung, Chu Yuan, or Tang Chia is generally pretty great. And anything from Ho Meng Hua that’s tacky and tasteless also rates pretty well. Some random wishes in no particular order. 

Black Tavern

Finger of Doom

Valley of the Fangs

Duel for Gold

Kidnap

The Tea House

Big Brother Cheng

Big Bad Sis

Kiss of Death

The Drug Connection

The Lady Exterminator 

Deadly Angels

Killer Snakes

Revenge of the Corpse

Bamboo House of Dolls

Hong Kong Godfather

The Criminals (any of the series)

Murder Plot

Gangmaster

To Kill a Mastermind (obviously)

Demon of the Lute

• Like 6

Iron Head Rat

Pls 88 any of the Seasonal Films

Secret Rivals

Dance of the Drunken Mantis

Legend Of A Fighter (Philip Ko Fei & Leung Kar Yan superb in this)

Ninja In The Dragon Den (Conan Lee & Hiroyuki Sanada both superb in this)

& as for Shaws Cheng Pei Pei needs more love.

The Shadow Whip

The Lady Hermit

Golden Swallow

Lady Of Steel

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Drunksnake
7 hours ago, Iron Head Rat said:

Pls 88 any of the Seasonal Films

Secret Rivals

Dance of the Drunken Mantis

Legend Of A Fighter (Philip Ko Fei & Leung Kar Yan superb in this)

Ninja In The Dragon Den (Conan Lee & Hiroyuki Sanada both superb in this)

& as for Shaws Cheng Pei Pei needs more love.

The Shadow Whip

The Lady Hermit

Golden Swallow

Lady Of Steel

Some excellent choices here!

• Like 5

Super Ninja

Love this messages to 88! 

Dear 88 Films, 

much thanks to your contribution, we've been living a collector's dream and we still are. It's a wonderful dream to live. Times are crazy, prices are going wild, but we're here. Ordering, supporting, sharing the joy that comes with every new announcement, here where the family is. For all you've done to bring joy to our lives, thank you.

Now, do we want more Shaws?

Yes we do!!

Among your releases, there have been a few personal favorites of mine already, so as far as my wishlist goes, I'll take any kung fu and wuxia you send our way. However, there are a few that would mean more than others. 

First of all, more Lau Kar-Leung! Yes, Martial Club is preordered and I proudly own Shaolin Mantis, 8 Diagram, Legendary Weapons and Spiritual Boxer (sending photo as proof). Thanks for those! 

Add another vote to the following films already mentioned above by fellow memebers: The Kung Fu Instructor, Five Superfighters, Secret Service of the Imperial Court, Three Evil Masters, Treasure Hunters and Golden Swallow.

Here are a few more suggestions: Blood Brothers, 14 Amazons, Fastest Sword, The Imperial Swordsman, Clan Feuds, The Eunuch.

Till the next Shaws batch, I'll be looking forward to Tiger Cage trilogy and Righting Wrongs!

Stay great!

Love,

SN

IMG_20220705_213827.jpg

• Like 8
  • Buddha Bless You 2

Beardys Feather

Hello 88films, please do continue with the kung fu cinema of some variety. I love the Shaws but like a lot of others on this board I love to go a little further. You've exposed a lot of cult film fans to Shaws, perhaps now is the time to hit them with some underground goodness? 

The Loot / The Challenger

Would be a great place to start! 

• Like 8

Whats up fellow fans?  I love the time we are living in.  It is so great for a kung fu fan.  I have been watching for many years back when many of us caught the bug here in the states, during Kung Fu Theater and Black Belt Theater.   I have all of the martial arts releases from 88, Eureka and Arrow.  I am missing a few booklets and slip covers.  Does any one of have any leads on these?  

88 - Crime Story

88 - Killer Constable

88 - Miracles

88 - The Protector

Eureka - City Hunter

Eureka - Drunken Master

Eureka - Wheels on Meals

Eureka - Zu Warriors

Like i said, i have every release but those above i am only missing the booklets and slips.  Has anyone seen these individual things for sale online?  Thanks in advance.  

• Like 2

ShawAngela
8 hours ago, Beardys Feather said:

Hello 88films, please do continue with the kung fu cinema of some variety. I love the Shaws but like a lot of others on this board I love to go a little further. You've exposed a lot of cult film fans to Shaws, perhaps now is the time to hit them with some underground goodness? 

The Loot / The Challenger

Would be a great place to start! 

Also, Blooded Treasury Fight !

• Like 4