The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Irongod2112
On 5/31/2022 at 4:06 PM, FightingFool said:

Concerning 7th curse..is there any martial art action?I like Sibelle Hu tho but would need some encouragement for getting limited edition(higher price but still)

There is definitely some martial arts action. :)

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Interesting to see what extras this will have. Like buses, Police Story 3 is not available for ages and 2 come along 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

starschwar

Wow - is this the first time 88 and Eureka have both tackled the same movie?  The inevitable comparison reviews should be interesting!  I already preordered Eureka, but might reconsider if there's something especially different about this version.

• Like 1

starschwar

1 hour ago, BLfan said:

Interesting to see what extras this will have. Like buses, Police Story 3 is not available for ages and 2 come along 🤣

Ka-Kui insists that there was ever only one bus.  Even though his view was obscured!  Mister Chu is innocent.

Edited by starschwar
  • Haha 3

Is there a good vendor to preorder RIGHTING WRONGS from that ships to the US? Amazon UK’s shipping cost is for the birds, as is 88’s.

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 1

Drunken Monk
1 minute ago, WaverBoy said:

Is there a good vendor to preorder RIGHTING WRONGS from that ships to the US? Amazon UK’s shipping cost is for the birds, as is 88’s.

Not yet. I checked a few days ago but there are no preorders up at the moment. Not on the usual sites anyway.

• Like 2

HeavenSword

To me , the definite and only  set you need to get for Police Story now  is the upcoming HDR Eureka set that features all three films . There are so many different blu ray versions that I’m honestly starting to think Police Story is…..a bit overrated? Like it’s excellent and I know we should be proud these films are getting the HD treatment, but man ,  7 different releases for the same movie ?  I was hoping First Strike would be getting a release . 

• Like 2

ShawAngela
7 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

853F608C-5CE5-4EE0-A05E-D1877925304C.jpeg

Oh, woooow  !! I LOOOVE this cover so much !! Ku Feng and Ti Lung, that's a GREAT one !!

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

FightingFool

If remember correctly Ti Lungs weapon was referred in ancient Ric Meyrs+co book as "umbrella skeleton of death"..Or was it EH..Quite ok title although it sounded funny "back then"...FG2 is great but have to pass it. It`s  about money issue but lack of shelf space and too many titles still in unseen department.+forthcoming months are flooded with interesting titles so some buying plans must be cancelled.+Don`t have pt 1 on BR either.

But Martial Club will be upgraded.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

Is this going to be a US release as well?

According to Diabolikdvd theres a US version as well

• Like 3

OpiumKungFuCracker

I’m still waiting for 88 films or impulse to put out a John woo boxset, when will that be? 

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 6/2/2022 at 5:00 PM, Drunken Monk said:

Is Righting Wrongs not available for pre-order anywhere yet? I thought I'd seen it online.

Also at zavvi, I just preordered it.

Killer Meteor
On 6/9/2022 at 1:10 PM, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

I’m still waiting for 88 films or impulse to put out a John woo boxset, when will that be? 

If you mean titles like THE KILLER and BULLET IN THE HEAD, those titles are in limbo.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Killer Meteor said:

If you mean titles like THE KILLER and BULLET IN THE HEAD, those titles are in limbo.

Yep but the likes of Once A Thief & Full Contact are getting remastered german releases so possibly 2nd tier Woo is a possibility.

• Like 3

StarDestroyer52
17 hours ago, starschwar said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja-mZZS2Xzc

When the dub gives way to the Cantonese theme - magical.  Still anticipating a specific breakdown of extras vs the Eureka version, of course.

Have the Eureka already bought, but I will double dip on this easily if it has new extras. After all I double dipped on Police Story 1 & 2 getting both the Criterion and Eureka. Plus, also double dipped on Dragons Forever. The only reason, I didn't triple dip is I don't have a 4K player yet.

• Like 3

Killer Meteor
On 6/10/2022 at 3:12 PM, saltysam said:

Yep but the likes of Once A Thief & Full Contact are getting remastered german releases so possibly 2nd tier Woo is a possibility.

I still have my VHS of JUST HEROES, might dig that out and give it a watch soon.

• Like 3