The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Drunken Monk
26 minutes ago, AlexanderFu said:

Hello, wondering if any one could help with this question about 'Flag of Iron' and 'Legendary Weapons of China'.

They just arrived, but they had no slip cases. Meanwhile a revied had the Blu-ray's with slipcovers.

Disciples of Shaolin and Shaolin Mantis had slip covers as did Monkey Kung Fu and Come Drink With Me.

Did anyone order these 2 ang get them (or not) with slip covers? I think I might send them back depending on 

what answers I get. Thank you!

Both movies had slip covers when I ordered them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlexanderFu said:

Hello, wondering if any one could help with this question about 'Flag of Iron' and 'Legendary Weapons of China'.

They just arrived, but they had no slip cases. Meanwhile a revied had the Blu-ray's with slipcovers.

Disciples of Shaolin and Shaolin Mantis had slip covers as did Monkey Kung Fu and Come Drink With Me.

Did anyone order these 2 ang get them (or not) with slip covers? I think I might send them back depending on 

what answers I get. Thank you!

Definitely had slip covers on all of them 

• Like 3

AlexanderFu

20220523_102505.thumb.jpg.ac0a4c1feac869f1f2c06c7f76963ce5.jpg20220523_102438.thumb.jpg.f8e557f3dafcf835bd5761b2e62825ec.jpg

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

Both movies had slip covers when I ordered them.

Thank you, appreciated. :) That's what I was thinking.

Fucking Amazon, they send we cellophaned copied with so slip cover, which should be in the plastic also.

Didn't open them, they go back today, replacement coming tomorrow.

No slips on them, they go back and I find somewhere else. They probably took stuff out and re cellophaned it.

27 minutes ago, Graysman said:

Definitely had slip covers on all of them 

It;'s strange because all of the boxes with slip case said it had one on the back, all with posters, 1 with lobby cards, the other 2 with booklets. these 88 films from amazon do not have extras on the back cover. I wonder it they sent a regular, non special edition, if they even make that. Don't matter, UPS I can walk to in a minute.

Her's what I got.

I'll return them l if I have to. OR find a better store if the price is close. Thanks for the help confirming!

Edited by AlexanderFu
  • Like 3

AlexanderFu
36 minutes ago, Kevin Chan said:

Maybe the first pressing with the slip covers is sold out already?

It could be, but the description said "Special Edition" so ima gonna hold 'em to it!

Or it goes back, no big deal. I don't need the films, I have them already. I was just trying to help with my small purchase....but it better be what the description says or it goes back!

• Like 2

Kevin Chan
1 hour ago, AlexanderFu said:

it better be what the description says or it goes back!

Agreed. Especially a major like Amazon should label their stuff correctly.

• Like 3

AlexanderFu
8 hours ago, Kevin Chan said:

I know, they suck but i need a good place to buy Bu-ray's for a reasonable price.

I bought the Arrow One Armed Boxer, should be here tomorrow with the 'Replacements for Flag of Iron And Legendary Weapons of China. $26 for O.A.Boxer, only 16$ for Legendary Weapons of China. Even Shaolin Mantis and Monkey Kung Fu came with the poster (Shaolin mantis had Lobby Cards instead of a book. Come Drink with me had a book and no poster, but it is from Arrow, so...who knows? I did get to view the 88 Films Human Lanterns release and it is awesome of course! Nice interview with Lau Wing! Didn't get to see the rest but it has a commentary. I hope O.A.Boxer has a few cool extra's but we really need a USA release of Return of the Chinese Boxer! That is a favorite for sure!! I'm slowly picking up the Arrow and 88Films releases because....why not?? :cool:

I'll just copy them to a hard drive and put them away, nice and new like...I just do not like Touching discs anymore if I don't have to. My computer is my audio/video player for a long time now. No more scratched discs for me!!!

• Like 3

ShawAngela
6 hours ago, AlexanderFu said:

I'll just copy them to a hard drive and put them away, nice and new like...I just do not like Touching discs anymore if I don't have to. My computer is my audio/video player for a long time now. No more scratched discs for me!!!

Isn't there an anti copy protection ?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I can second that these work on MakeMKV

• Like 2

AlexanderFu
8 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

It's strange but my computer doesn't care about regions or copyright protections for the most part.

I can't find the optical drive in all my junk so I'm using my Playstation to watch them now. Looks like I'll have to get another Blu-ray burner, but I never had problems with that stuff. Which is why I stopped using DVD/BR players. Computer goes to my stereo receiver to the TV and all is good! :lol:

• Like 2

FightingFool
17 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Was not aware of that software before. Tested with 1st movie grabbed from shelf, ivl Death Duel. It took about 20mins and movie was on pc. that was pretty fast I think. I think will copy some out of print stuff to pc eventually and if ever buy laptop that would be great way to have some Shaws with when having (short) travel..It did not copy extras or menu(perhaps there is way to do that, dunno) but most important it did copy subtitles and was very easy to use MakeMKV.

• Like 1

Master with OK Fingers
11 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

Did HK rescue include the Japanese/longer  cut?

If your referring to Police Story 1, then yes I believe they did.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Kevin Chan
12 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

Did HK rescue include the Japanese/longer  cut?

1 hour ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

If your referring to Police Story 1, then yes I believe they did.

Yes, and he also digitally removed the burnt in japanese subtitles and digitally cleaned the image IIRC.

However it comes with the usual drawbacks of HKR: Being a bootleg and never being sent out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

AlexanderFu
On 5/23/2022 at 3:12 PM, Kevin Chan said:

Exactly what I think is going on. 'The Chinese Boxer' arrived today, same deal - definitely not 'Special Edition'.

Whoever packs these orders just grabs the disc with the right name, and I think it is Amazon's fault for not realizing that once they have no more 'special editions' (slipcover etc...), they should FIX THE DAMN DESCRIPTION!!!!  (!).  Don't matter, they go back, as if I really needed them in the 1st place. :lol:.

I guess I need something new to collect. If anyone has a good site where they but the 88's, Arrow's and Eureka's - please leave it for me!  Even though I don't have a Blu-ray player per se, I'd still like to have the nice versions of these classics. (I have an LG MULTI optical drive coming tomorrow.).

• Like 2

sifu iron perm
1 hour ago, Kevin Chan said:

Yes, and he also digitally removed the burnt in japanese subtitles and digitally cleaned the image IIRC.

However it comes with the usual drawbacks of HKR: Being a bootleg and never being sent out.

I received my disc in 2020 .placed the order in 2018!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

received my disc in 2020 .placed the order in 2018!

It’s been months since placing my order. The guy even stopt sending out his emails with info and updates. These mails are usually about him complaining: I’m running out of cases and complimenting us for being so patient:-(

• Like 1
  • Angry 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
1 hour ago, Jochem said:

It’s been months since placing my order. The guy even stopt sending out his emails with info and updates. These mails are usually about him complaining: I’m running out of cases and complimenting us for being so patient:-(

He's busy restoring Pearl Harbor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Angry 1

sifu iron perm
52 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

He's busy restoring Pearl Harbor.

Director's Director version. 

• Like 1

Killer Meteor
3 hours ago, bickle14 said:

Movie Censorship found over 5 1/2 minutes that have been cut from 88's release of Hero vs the German DVD:
https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=993084

Anyone know anything about this or reached out to 88?

Celestial did this to LOTS of their titles between 2004 and 2007. The previous HK DVD of HERO was cut the same way. It's not censorship, it's removing lots and lots of frames to save time/money on restoration. This is far from the only title released by 88 or Arrow on BD to be affected this way.

Which is weird, as the title was only a decade old at that point.

• Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 1

ShawAngela
On 5/25/2022 at 6:58 PM, AlexanderFu said:

guess I need something new to collect. If anyone has a good site where they but the 88's, Arrow's and Eureka's - please leave it for me!  Even though I don't have a Blu-ray player per se, I'd still like to have the nice versions of these classics. (I have an LG MULTI optical drive coming tomorrow.).

Did you try Zavvi.com ? Or terracota site, or Zoom.uk ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

Celestial did this to LOTS of their titles between 2004 and 2007. The previous HK DVD of HERO was cut the same way. It's not censorship, it's removing lots and lots of frames to save time/money on restoration. This is far from the only title released by 88 or Arrow on BD to be affected this way.

Which is weird, as the title was only a decade old at that point.

Well that really sucks!

• Like 2