The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Can someone give a short recommendation for hero concerning martial arts? I dont know the movie and my first priority is the martial arts content. Is it in this regard worth buying?

• Like 1

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
20 hours ago, AslanBey said:

Can someone give a short recommendation for hero concerning martial arts? I dont know the movie and my first priority is the martial arts content. Is it in this regard worth buying?

I love it. The fighting is more kick-ass "basher style" martial arts rather than kung fu "shapes" (which makes sense because of the time period and setting), with clean, effective editing, filmed really well, and with some wire-enhancement. Along the lines of director Corey Yuen's action director work in RIGHTING WRONGS, SHE SHOOTS STRAIGHT, and YES, MADAM.

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 4

44 minutes ago, thehangman said:

Wonder what version of Tiger cage 2 it will be as i know there are 2 different cuts

Yes there are two cuts included 

• Like 5

Drunken Monk

A US release of Righting Wrongs is definitely coming (not from 88 Films) and should be announced soon. From what I've heard, it's going to be a very good looking release. Oh and it's not coming from Arrow.

• Like 2

Looks like 88 Films bringing most of the titels released by Severin US to the UK. Bought Night of the Demon and Delirium a few weeks ago. Great releases and much cheaper as to buy the severin ones.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, saltysam said:

I actually watched Night Of The Demon yesterday,what a terrible movie 😄

Terrible in an immensely fun, penis ripping, gut flailing, overreacting to a giant guy in a fake hairy bigfoot costume kinda way. I've loved that film since about 96 when i stumbled into the video nasties list and just wanted to see everything the bbfc thought our fragile little minds couldnt handle. How things have changed. Lol.

• Like 3

On 4/26/2022 at 10:28 PM, TheFlyingPanda said:

Great... I already brought the Shout Factory and Criterion ones. Arrow will probably have such nice artwork and presentation, we will all be enticed to triple dip.

If anyone wants to bring an new Bruce Lee Set to the market they have to give us something we never had.. maybe include the last two (Newest) documentaries, everything else the other sets had gathered in one. Throw in the Movie "Marlow" The Episode of Ironside, the episod he guest stared in Blondie, and Here Comes The Bride all as Bonus features. Include His interviews and recordings from the older "intercepting Fist" DVD, a extensive booklet with Photos, posters and Lobby cards. 

All that plus a sample of bruce lee's ashes at this point. Unless they've found the mandarin print of big boss then its a no from me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

actionfan93
8 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

A US release of Righting Wrongs is definitely coming (not from 88 Films) and should be announced soon. From what I've heard, it's going to be a very good looking release. Oh and it's not coming from Arrow.

A new label or one we've seen releases from? If a new one I wonder what else they will put out?

• Like 3

Drunken Monk
3 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

A new label or one we've seen releases from? If a new one I wonder what else they will put out?

It’s going to Severin, it seems.

• Like 3

actionfan93
19 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

thanks for the info will the 2 releases be near identical or big differences as far as audio options go and different film versions?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Is that an assumption based on Severin and 88 having a lot of the same horror releases? Or is there word out there somewhere?

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
13 hours ago, bickle14 said:

Is that an assumption based on Severin and 88 having a lot of the same horror releases? Or is there word out there somewhere?

I’m only relating rumors I’ve heard so far. I don’t know why they’re based on.

• Like 2

sifu iron perm
On 4/29/2022 at 5:51 PM, saltysam said:

I actually watched Night Of The Demon yesterday,what a terrible movie 😄

Lol

And messed up!!!

• Like 1

thundered mantis
On 4/28/2022 at 9:38 PM, KUNG FU BOB said:

I love it. The fighting is more kick-ass "basher style" martial arts rather than kung fu "shapes" (which makes sense because of the time period and setting), with clean, effective editing, filmed really well, and with some wire-enhancement. Along the lines of director Corey Yuen's action director work in RIGHTING WRONGS, SHE SHOOTS STRAIGHT, and YES, MADAM.

As far as I remember, Righting Wrongs and Yes, Madam are much heavier in the fighting department than She Shoots Straight. Does Hero have any lengthy pure hand to hand/ kickboxing scrapes or just some punch here and there inbetween the gunfights? 

• Like 3

FightingFool
2 minutes ago, thundered mantis said:

Does Hero have any lengthy pure hand to hand/ kickboxing scrapes or just some punch here and there inbetween the gunfights? 

Been awfully long time since saw it but at least ending is solid martial arts duel. Dvd I had was cut to pieces so that gives me reason enough to get 88 disc. Film was good too if memory serves right.

• Like 3

nahnahnah

Specs for The Seventh Curse:

SPECIAL FEATURES

* Limited Edition Rigid Slipcase with new Artwork from Sean Longmore
* 80 Page Perfect Bound Book Featuring Spooky Encounters, Holy Virgin’s
and Seventh Curses A Short Guide to Hong Kong Horror 1980–1997. By Matthew Edwards. Ni Kuang and the Seven Stars of The Seventh Curse by Matthew Edwards and The Blood, the Bad and the Ugly Getting to grips with Lam Ngai-Choi’s bizarre fantasy horror, The Seventh Curse (1986) by Andrew Graves
* 2K transfers from the Original Negatives
* High Definition Blu-ray ™ (1080p) Presentation in 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio
* Original LPCM 2.0 Soundtrack

* Original Hong Kong Theatrical Cut (Cantonese Mono with English Subtitles)
* Audio Commentary by Asian Cinema Expert Frank Djeng and another man
* Supplemental Commentary by Asian Cinema Expert Frank Djeng
* Export Cut (English Mono Dub)
* Export Cut with Audio Commentary but Action Experts Mike Leeder and Arne Venema
* 2K transfer from the only known 35mm Film Elements
High Definition Blu-ray ™ (1080p) Presentation in 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio
* Original DTS-HD MA 2.0 Soundtrack
* Interview with Actor Chin Sui-Ho (2 Hours)
* In Support of The Seventh Curse - Patricia Wong on The Seventh Curse
* Hong Kong Cantonese Trailer
* English Export Trailer
* Reversible sleeve featuring original poster artwork

• Like 9

On 4/29/2022 at 6:46 PM, Drunken Monk said:

I've talked to someone from the company releasing it in the US. It's not Severin.  

• Like 2

actionfan93
4 minutes ago, Vegeta84 said:

I've talked to someone from the company releasing it in the US. It's not Severin.  

have they released stuff before or are they a new label and if a new label I wonder what else we will see from them in the future

• Like 1

1 minute ago, actionfan93 said:

have they released stuff before or are they a new label and if a new label I wonder what else we will see from them in the future

It's an existing label that has a good track record.  

• Like 2

actionfan93
1 minute ago, Vegeta84 said:

It's an existing label that has a good track record.  

interesting I wonder if we will see more hong kong action releases from them then

• Like 1