The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Drunken Monk

They have a #sleaze hashtag. Could we be getting some more CATIII? Though admittedly, CATIII is not the only example of sleaze cinema.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Kevin Chan said:

Top right (showing the police car, and the silver-masked face) is Tiger Cage trilogy, middle right (showing the mouths) is On the Run, bottom left (showing "4K") is the 4K UHD release of Dragons Forever and bottom right (showing a person jumping with fire in the background) is Righting Wrongs.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 10

thundered mantis

Really exciting news! This time I´ll wait for them to be available through their website. I always end up using Zavvi or amazon ´cause I grow impatient at the sight the movies are already being listed for preorder on those places and not in 88 web. I always fear their preorders take precedence over 88´s web and that I might be depraved of the slipcovers and booklets...

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, thundered mantis said:

Really exciting news! This time I´ll wait for them to be available through their website. I always end up using Zavvi or amazon ´cause I grow impatient at the sight the movies are already being listed for preorder on those places and not in 88 web. I always fear their preorders take precedence over 88´s web and that I might be depraved of the slipcovers and booklets...

And why do you want to wait for the 88 website? 

The international shipping punches me in the face so i go for amazon.

• Like 3

thundered mantis

´Cause I managed to have 518 reward points, that equals to 5 pounds discount and many times they also offer a percentage discount. If them two can add, I think it´ll be cheaper all in all with 88. The shipping fees to Spain from the UK have also raised, hope this reverts  in the future.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, thundered mantis said:

´Cause I managed to have 518 reward points, that equals to 5 pounds discount and many times they also offer a percentage discount. If them two can add, I think it´ll be cheaper all in all with 88. The shipping fees to Spain from the UK have also raised, hope this reverts  in the future.

yeah its a very nice move with the points but it just doesnt fit for me when my points fly away for the shipping :D  i let the points wait for bad days

• Like 3

FightingFool
2 minutes ago, AslanBey said:

yeah its a very nice move with the points but it just doesnt fit for me when my points fly away for the shipping :D  i let the points wait for bad days

Me too, have sth like 600+ but seems "never" good opportunity to use those. £12 shipping is too much. Only way worth ordering from 88store is waiting bunch of stuff are available at once but who has patience..on the other hand amazon.UK shipping has been very reliable past 2-3 years. Was stunned month+ ago when found "shaolin mantis" at doorstep it was tuesday(day postman should not do a tour), maybe courier was it then but at my amazon own page said it was to be delivered by local post.

On the run and rightning wrongs for me.

• Like 3

actionfan93

was Dragons Forever always a 4K restoration but only released in 2K originally or is the 4K a new scan and if so could we see a 4K of Project A in the future

• Like 4

2 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

was Dragons Forever always a 4K restoration but only released in 2K originally or is the 4K a new scan and if so could we see a 4K of Project A in the future

That'd be great but wasn't Project A a 2k scan? I'd welcome all of the Jackie movies that were scanned in 4k to get a 4k release. I know there's not a huge amount though, did you see the Listing over on Hong Kong Cinema Appreciation Society Facebook page?

Edited by Drunksnake
  • Like 2